The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re non binary. They go by They/it/ze. Their name is Andy/Andrew.

Thank you for correcting me!

The singular “they” had been an accepted part of the English language for quite some time. Researching what it means to be transgender or non-binary is really easy, there’s a wealth of information out there for those who actually want to learn (and not just sea lion to masquerade their bigotry).

Just a general question and not trying to be judgmental but why does a single person use a plural pronoun? Just curious and trying to understand.
Also, is it me or doesn't Pete's boyfriend really look like Ryno in some of those IG pictures?
Someone who is non-binary doesn’t identify as male or female, so singular pronouns don’t really work for them! Give “non-binary” a google, tons of info out there (I know you are asking in good faith).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you for correcting me!

The singular “they” had been an accepted part of the English language for quite some time. Researching what it means to be transgender or non-binary is really easy, there’s a wealth of information out there for those who actually want to learn (and not just sea lion to masquerade their bigotry).

Someone who is non-binary doesn’t identify as male or female, so singular pronouns don’t really work for them! Give “non-binary” a google, tons of info out there (I know you are asking in good faith).
I used to have a frequent Trans customer who, upon misgendering them meeting them for the first time (and profusely apologizing) told me this: “I can tell when someone is misgendering out of love/ignorance or out of hate. You’re very much in the former.”

Education and just overall situational awareness are your best friends.

Reactions: 11
Just a general question and not trying to be judgmental but why does a single person use a plural pronoun? Just curious and trying to understand.
Also, is it me or doesn't Pete's boyfriend really look like Ryno in some of those IG pictures?
@Murray9000, I can see what you mean about a little similar appearance to Ryno. All I can say is if they are happy, good for them, because Gio appears to love the concierge suite life like Pete!😜

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The dining channel is going away and dining reviews are going up on the unplugged channel instead. The explanation is that it was hard to be consistent posting on it which led to a lot of one contributor quick service reviews and less quality in the reviews.
Ummm…exactly what was said here within the last week or 2.
So whatever’s bugging you, let’s hear it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Roaring Fork review was good, Craig did a great job filming the food and they got several things to try. That’s a dining review. Keep doing that. We don’t need Pete in them, everyone’s on edge around him.

Taking questions from the chat made for a good live show too. See, it’s not that hard, they just have to give people what they want, which is news and information about the parks along with some opinions.

Reactions: 12
The Roaring Fork review was good, Craig did a great job filming the food and they got several things to try. That’s a dining review. Keep doing that. We don’t need Pete in them, everyone’s on edge around him.

Taking questions from the chat made for a good live show too. See, it’s not that hard, they just have to give people what they want, which is news and information about the parks along with some opinions.
I vote for less Pete with Dining Reviews, too.

He has the palate of a 40+ year chain smoker.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I usually skipped dining reviews with Pete just like I never watched any Fiasco did either. I liked the silly "first bite" insert. Good job team.

Reactions: 5
I vote for less Pete with Dining Reviews, too.

He has the palate of a 40+ year chain smoker.
The problem is I get the impression that most of the rest of the team does not really know much about food or dining. (I believe John and Kevin do but that ship sailed 12 years ago and Charles was not bad with at least trying more adventurous dishes)

The others can get away reviewing things like chicken fingers, but anything more involved you just end up with Craig saying things like "Wow that was just a burst of flavor in my mouth" over and over again, because I gather he really doesn't understand what he is eating or how to explain it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The dining channel is going away and dining reviews are going up on the unplugged channel instead. The explanation is that it was hard to be consistent posting on it which led to a lot of one contributor quick service reviews and less quality in the reviews.
Yes I said a few times how ridiculous it was to split up the channel. But brilliant businessman Pete came up with the idea probably just because he was bored. By the way what is with the obvious branded designer shirts lately?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The show with questions yesterday was much better. It made me laugh that after Erica said Cosmic Ray's was the worst (due to bad Impossible Burgers), Craig said he had the best burger (topped with pimento & sausage) he ever had at Disney there. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The show with questions yesterday was much better. It made me laugh that after Erica said Cosmic Ray's was the worst (due to bad Impossible Burgers), Craig said he had the best burger (topped with pimento & sausage) he ever had at Disney there. 😂
😂🤣 @Southpaw33 That was quite interesting, indeed. So, the takeaway is…I guess the impossible burger is awful and the regular burger is good now because it’s topped with pimento cheese and sausage? Because several guests have complained about Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe burgers. Thus, I have never had one because of that!😜 💫 🍔

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
They've also started doing B roll again on several of the shows like the Roaring Fork review. Maybe they'll bring back the 7 in 7's.

I really want to see Pete go back to Saratoga Springs' restaurant though. That would be hilarious.

😂🤣 @Southpaw33 That was quite interesting, indeed. So, the takeaway is…I guess the impossible burger is awful and the regular burger is good now because it’s topped with pimento cheese and sausage? Because several guests have complained about Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe burgers. Thus, I have never had one because of that!😜 💫 🍔
Craig is right. The Disney burgers are not bad, they're just meh. I hope all the other Disney quick service restaurants start offering something unique especially in Magic Kingdom.

I get Imposssible products occasionally. I’m not going vegetarian anytime soon but it’s actually pretty good.
I think they're better than the Disney burgers tbh. My brother is vegan so we buy them when he visits us (in addition to tofu etc) and we like them. I'm not a fan of their sausage though but mostly due to the spices they use. I'm glad Disney is offering a vegan option pretty much everywhere now.

Reactions: 1
The thing I'll say about Cosmic Ray's is my spouse is vegetarian and one time at a Christmas party it was the only thing open. They had a falafel burger that she really loved. She was pissed they ditched all of those alt patties for Impossible. It's meant for meat eaters, not vegetarians.

... And that is why they're failing.

We do enjoy the Beyond Brats at home though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.