The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if if I missed it but do we know why Erica was hired? She seems to never have tried anything that they talk about at Disney. My sister, who is vaguely familiar with the older crew, heard me listening to it and asked if Erica was hired because she was related to someone since she didn’t really seem to have any helpful input on anything discussed.

Reactions: 9
The thing I'll say about Cosmic Ray's is my spouse is vegetarian and one time at a Christmas party it was the only thing open. They had a falafel burger that she really loved. She was pissed they ditched all of those alt patties for Impossible. It's meant for meat eaters, not vegetarians.

... And that is why they're failing.

We do enjoy the Beyond Brats at home though.
I should have said she liked the falafel burger and was pissed on our next visit when they were all replaced with Impossible.

Reactions: 3
Sorry if if I missed it but do we know why Erica was hired? She seems to never have tried anything that they talk about at Disney. My sister, who is vaguely familiar with the older crew, heard me listening to it and asked if Erica was hired because she was related to someone since she didn’t really seem to have any helpful input on anything discussed.
I don't know either but it's nice to see others agree that she needs to go.
Screenshot_20221020-200912-574.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think Erica is a good addition, she brings a positive Disney voice to an often times not so positive round table discussions

I think Erica is a good addition, she brings a positive Disney voice to an often times not so positive round table discussions
I can’t agree with that. She often doesn’t have anything at all to contribute, and seems like Disney isn’t even really her “thing.” I’m sure she’s a really nice person, but she’s difficult to listen to and seems out of place doing Disney content.

Reactions: 13
Ostensibly, she was brought on to launch and manage their presence on TikTok. I’m not on TikTok so I can’t speak to how that’s going. But, Pete has already given her some praise on the Tuesday show, so there’s that.

Reactions: 1
I can’t agree with that. She often doesn’t have anything at all to contribute, and seems like Disney isn’t even really her “thing.” I’m sure she’s a really nice person, but she’s difficult to listen to and seems out of place doing Disney content.
While I like her ok and want to her to have a chance to mature (she's already way better than the she was when she started) I have to say I feel like I know more about her wife and her favorite Disney past experiences than relevant park/travel stuff that should come before the personality stuff. I don't know, maybe they could tee her up some softballs to help her get used to the flow of a round table.

I get it if her anxiety is holding her back but I'm curious if she'll ever be able to keep up with the others. I hope so.

While I like her ok and want to her to have a chance to mature (she's already way better than the she was when she started) I have to say I feel like I know more about her wife and her favorite Disney past experiences than relevant park/travel stuff that should come before the personality stuff. I don't know, maybe they could tee her up some softballs to help her get used to the flow of a round table.

I get it if her anxiety is holding her back but I'm curious if she'll ever be able to keep up with the others. I hope so.
She seems like the type of person who would really light up discussion something about which she’s really passionate. It doesn’t seem like Disney is it!

Literally 90% she says is “I have never tried/been there/done that” and “I tried years ago”.

so wasteful

Reactions: 6
Thoughts after the Boatwrights review &Tuesday show…

Panda seems like very much a ‘yes man’ to Pete, going out of his way to praise him during his time to speak in the vlog, and he is clearly doing the video work now… but I am still so confused by what panda does for the company and why he was hired. Isn’t he more or less on the same level of notoriety as the DIS team? Why are they now one in the same…

Pete talking about the butter in the mashed potatoes sums up the extent of these reviews now

Erika saying she woke up with crippling anxiety for Halloween horror nights strikes me as so bizarre and attention seeking? Am I part of the problem by not understanding how someone can be this physically affected by being anxious for a Halloween event?

Reactions: 4
Erika saying she woke up with crippling anxiety for Halloween horror nights strikes me as so bizarre and attention seeking? Am I part of the problem by not understanding how someone can be this physically affected by being anxious for a Halloween event?
Yes. Anxiety can not be helped and physical anxiety is THE WORST. Panic attacks are unavoidable and you can literally feel like you’re dying. I’ve called 911 for one before. Trust me, we don’t want attention from it. We feel like a massive burden and it manifests into more anxiety. It’s a really bad cycle. If she doesn’t have a therapist or isn’t taking a medication or something like that, she really should be if it’s that bad for her. It sounds like maybe Pete doesn’t understand it either.

Ostensibly, she was brought on to launch and manage their presence on TikTok. I’m not on TikTok so I can’t speak to how that’s going. But, Pete has already given her some praise on the Tuesday show, so there’s that.
I think it was that. TikTok, no one else wanted to do it/had time or was good at it. I think it helped she worked for Disney too. I don’t use it so I can’t speak to her “skills”. I usually skip her stories when she’s on their insta.

Reactions: 2
Thoughts after the Boatwrights review &Tuesday show…

Panda seems like very much a ‘yes man’ to Pete, going out of his way to praise him during his time to speak in the vlog, and he is clearly doing the video work now… but I am still so confused by what panda does for the company and why he was hired. Isn’t he more or less on the same level of notoriety as the DIS team? Why are they now one in the same…

Pete talking about the butter in the mashed potatoes sums up the extent of these reviews now

What is with Pete and French onion soup? I mean it's a 70s dish that is not much to it except a glob of melted cheese and some onions. The fact that Pete ordered the exact same meal as he did the last time he reviewed Boatrights just tells me that he is uninteresting and not very imaginative. He is similar to Tim in his juvenile palate. I would like to see Panda disagree with Pete just once. Who is Jody? I have never seen her before.

Yes. Anxiety can not be helped and physical anxiety is THE WORST. Panic attacks are unavoidable and you can literally feel like you’re dying. I’ve called 911 for one before. Trust me, we don’t want attention from it. We feel like a massive burden and it manifests into more anxiety. It’s a really bad cycle. If she doesn’t have a therapist or isn’t taking a medication or something like that, she really should be if it’s that bad for her. It sounds like maybe Pete doesn’t understand it either.

I think it was that. TikTok, no one else wanted to do it/had time or was good at it. I think it helped she worked for Disney too. I don’t use it so I can’t speak to her “skills”. I usually skip her stories when she’s on their insta.
She isn't amazing at TikTok, but she is OK. I have watched her content but TheDis doesn't really have a big presence on TT and her stuff isn't really going to go viral. Her videos are pretty standard and kind of bland.

What is with Pete and French onion soup? I mean it's a 70s dish that is not much to it except a glob of melted cheese and some onions. The fact that Pete ordered the exact same meal as he did the last time he reviewed Boatrights just tells me that he is uninteresting and not very imaginative. He is similar to Tim in his juvenile palate. I would like to see Panda disagree with Pete just once. Who is Jody? I have never seen her before.
The French onion soup thing keeps coming up because I want to say Panda ordered it on the Wish and it was terrible, then they ordered it again on the Wonder to Alaska.

Jodi is from the DVC show. She's a DVC Resale Market agent. If I remember correctly, he randomly invited her to that dining review on the show.

Just wanted to say I was surprised by Panda joining the Dis. Does he still do his original channel too? I met him in the parks back in 2017 and he was lovely. My husband and I spent several minutes talking to him when Pandora opened. I think he’s afraid to get on Pete’s bad side so he’s definitely a yes man. I loved his podcast episodes with Lou Mongello. He was the first Disney podcast I found.

Reactions: 6
That shirt on Pete, you can take the kid out of Jersey… he dresses like a Jersey Shore grandpa. Also, not sure if it’s been mentioned but Deni has her on channel? Doesn’t that go against Pete’s non competion contract?

Just wanted to say I was surprised by Panda joining the Dis. Does he still do his original channel too? I met him in the parks back in 2017 and he was lovely. My husband and I spent several minutes talking to him when Pandora opened. I think he’s afraid to get on Pete’s bad side so he’s definitely a yes man. I loved his podcast episodes with Lou Mongello. He was the first Disney podcast I found.
The interesting thing is he still has his channel and Pete promotes it. His channel covered D23 and The Dis did not. Ryno and Craig were not paid to cover it, very odd!

The interesting thing is he still has his channel and Pete promotes it. His channel covered D23 and The Dis did not. Ryno and Craig were not paid to cover it, very odd!
Wonder what the over/under is on how long Panda lasts, we all know there's a shelf life with Pete's employees/friends and they disappear with no one allowed to comment on it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.