The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I "worked with" Elaine on a Universal trip. I received no responses and finally reached out to the website and John emailed back and said they were having trouble with their emails going to spam. I checked there, but saw nothing. When we arrived at Universal and we were trying to pick up our tickets and get that situated, it was nothing but a big hassle. The very nice lady working at our resort was as helpful as could be and got everything straightened out, but she said my problems were a common occurrence with the DIS' travel agency. I'm not sure how things work with any of the other agents there, but I won't trust another trip to them.
I've used Kathy a few times now and she's always quick to respond, easy to work with, and gets me the info I need. In 2020 she told me Universal was closing before I heard on social media and handled all of the phone calls on my behalf. I tried to use Elaine since she seemed into Universal but she stopped responding pretty quickly. I'm sticking with Kathy and if she retires I'll use a different agency.

Reactions: 3
That video clip was interesting. Ryno is a bit dramatic but I'm with him on that clip. As much as I think Erica brings nothing to the table on the show and seems to have experienced nothing in a place she goes all the time I didn't see anything wrong with her review. She gave a lot of information about her meal and appeared to even open her mouth a normal amount. Maybe she is just a marionette in the studio?

If you want a quiet meal and to be left along but choose Prime Time I'm not sure what to tell you. It has never been a secret what goes on there or their shtick and that was true even before the information was a Google search away. I don't mind interacting with people so it doesn't bother me but if it did I would skip it. It is like picking a sports bar with 100 TVs as your place to eat and complaining the whole time that you don't like sports.

Reactions: 3
same here, I remember going with my family when I was younger and I hated it. Everyone clambered over getting a reservation there and I don’t get it. I just wanna be left alone while I eat! It’s like that restaurant where everyone is an asshole to you. Why on earth would you want to go there?
Isn't it their version of "Dick's Last Resort" that was popular in the 90's or something? I never got that but I guess some people do.

As Ryno said, I'm just looking for AC and food.

Reactions: 2
If you want a quiet meal and to be left along but choose Prime Time I'm not sure what to tell you. It has never been a secret what goes on there or their shtick and that was true even before the information was a Google search away. I don't mind interacting with people so it doesn't bother me but if it did I would skip it. It is like picking a sports bar with 100 TVs as your place to eat and complaining the whole time that you don't like sports.
Nah, a sports bar would be less annoying. :ROFLMAO:

Some people do like the "show." I guess if you're a young kid and you hear the waitress making comments to your dad or mom about eating their vegetables or picking up a spoonful of your parent's food and trying to choo choo it in their mouths, it would be funny.

But I think a lot of Disney people go there because Prime Time has a reputation for having good food (or did) among the Disney community (travel agents, websites, etc.). It's always on the must eat lists and never says what it really is.

I'm not sure why? If you're from the South, the food is nothing to write home about. I guess if you're from Northeast or West where fried chicken, meatloaf, pot pie, etc. are not staples it may be worth it to you.

We weren't impressed. There's a Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans near Disney. Save your money.

Reactions: 4
Well you can go ahead and cancel the 7 in 7's. Molly done went to all the Walt Disney World resorts in one day, complete with food, resort history, tips and B-roll.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can understand why they don't do the 7 in 7's. I do wish they did resort updates a bit more often though.

Reactions: 1
Well you can go ahead and cancel the 7 in 7's. Molly done went to all the Walt Disney World resorts in one day, complete with food, resort history, tips and B-roll.
Pete needs to hire better people because that show is sinking. I just watched the Dining review and Ryno Looks like such a miserable motherfucker, move on dude do something else with your life.

Reactions: 7
I can't recall if anyone mentioned this but on the Tuesday show in the chat Jackie said her family was leaving Florida. I guess there's no chance of her coming back to the shows.

• Sad
  • Wow
Isn't it their version of "Dick's Last Resort" that was popular in the 90's or something? I never got that but I guess some people do.

As Ryno said, I'm just looking for AC and food.
If only WDW had a Dick’s Last Resort. Nothing like mommy, daddy, baby and grandma walking around in Dick’s special “hats.”

• Haha
I can't recall if anyone mentioned this but on the Tuesday show in the chat Jackie said her family was leaving Florida. I guess there's no chance of her coming back to the shows.
I must have missed this, did she say where they are going?

Reactions: 1
I like Jackie can I be shady and talk tit, of course but I genuinely think she’s a good person

Confirmed she said Washington, so I'd guess Seattle. Starts in chat at 22:35.
Craig said something about her taking a long vacation with her family in Washington after the Alaskan cruise.

I guess she got homesick and decided to move back.

Good for her. Bad for The DIS though. I know she can work remotely (if she stays), but she already doesn’t go to the parks much.

She used to come down once a month and film a bunch of shows.

Reactions: 5
Confirmed she said Washington, so I'd guess Seattle. Starts in chat at 22:35.
Thanks, I went back and looked at the chat. She is very excited to be moving back and celebrate the holidays with the family since they haven't in 13 years. I wonder if she will continue to work for The Dis? Normally most of the people that work there are moving to be closer, she couldn't be moving further away in terms of being in the states.

Craig said something about her taking a long vacation with her family in Washington after the Alaskan cruise.

I guess she got homesick and decided to move back.

Good for her. Bad for The DIS though. I know she can work remotely (if she stays), but she already doesn’t go to the parks much.

She used to come down once a month and film a bunch of shows.
I suspect they were considering this for a while and made the detour to look at houses. She’s from Seattle and doesn’t love the Florida weather at all.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.