The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so over this crap. They actually had someone on the panel today who didnt know magic kingdom has a railroad

Between lack of content, lack of knowledge, crappy attitudes- im done

Maybe tmrw we will get someone reviewing a hot dog like it came from Victoria and alberts
That guy on the after show said he didn’t eat potatoes. He ate corn but only on the cob, didn’t eat vegetables otherwise, loved hot dogs. I think Steve Porter had a more adventurous pallet.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did anyone watch the patreon after show today?

Panda and Ryno were trying to set up a dining review reservation at the start and
Panda said "It may just be me and you. I will try to get her but it may just be us." without saying who he's referring to.
Ryno responds "I don't care if you get her or not. What do you mean try to get her? What is she doing? Isn't this her job? monday through friday? Sorry I'm not trying to be an asshole but I don't get to say no so why does this new person get to say no?"
at this point Craig interrupts and says "we've been on." as panda asks "are we on?" after he starts to say "you would think..."
Ryno says "oh are we on the channel right now?!" "fantastic. now everyone can see what an asshole I really am." "it's true though, I'm gonna say it again. I'm not a liar."
THEN they chat a little bit and Panda says "let's now text Erika speak amongst yourself please."
Teresa says "just tell her, don't ask"
Panda says "no I'm not her boss. Erika likes these things. usually"
Ryno says "Okay...i'm not gonna say it again" and laughs
and then then new commentator says "50's prime time that'll be fun huh?" and Ryno says sarcastically "maybe! It doesn't sound like it right now. I'm difficult, I hate it break it to people." hahahah so it's pretty clear, no one likes Erika.

update: now ryno is saying he doesn't like dining with erika because he can't order the vegan options anymore. You can tell by his face and his body language that he's just trying to cover his ass.

Panda and Ryno were trying to set up a dining review reservation at the start and
Panda said "It may just be me and you. I will try to get her but it may just be us." without saying who he's referring to.
Ryno responds "I don't care if you get her or not. What do you mean try to get her? What is she doing? Isn't this her job? monday through friday? Sorry I'm not trying to be an asshole but I don't get to say no so why does this new person get to say no?"
at this point Craig interrupts and says "we've been on." as panda asks "are we on?" after he starts to say "you would think..."
Ryno says "oh are we on the channel right now?!" "fantastic. now everyone can see what an asshole I really am." "it's true though, I'm gonna say it again. I'm not a liar."
THEN they chat a little bit and Panda says "let's now text Erika speak amongst yourself please."
and then then new commentator says "50's prime time that'll be fun huh?" and Ryno says sarcastically "maybe! It doesn't sound like it right now. I'm difficult, I hate it break it to people." hahahah so it's pretty clear, no one likes Erika.

update: now ryno is saying he doesn't like dining with erika because he can't order the vegan options anymore. You can tell by his face and his body language that he's just trying to cover his ass.
This was a great recap, best Patreon show in a long time. Clearly it is not just the audience that has critiques with her, definitely tension with others on the show! I checked to see if they cut that part out on the replay and it is still on there.

Gotta give Panda credit for his "I'm not her boss" line.

I know this story is supposed to make Erika look bad, but working with people like Ryno is the worst. Low-level employees who want to act like they are in charge, or even worse, get others to do the dirty work.

Reactions: 5
I appreciate that she does have dairy allergies for that perspective but even her reviews on those items are just meh a lot of the time. Just her lack of insight into anything is weird to me. She doesn’t have a niche really, she doesn’t have a purpose on the team. Her “I haven’t done this or that” seems to be fishing for Pete to pay for her to do stuff.
Yes this is the exact vibe I get. Maybe she was hired based on her social media abilities (since she seems to be doing the tik toks for the Dis) and her connection to Disney helped, but she's definitely not a presence on the shows. I think peoples' positive opinions on Craig may be more present now because their opinions on Erica are weak.

I have to wonder how Dreams is doing as an agency these days. I’m sure there will always be repeat clients to keep them afloat, but how are they doing attracting new business? You don’t even hear back with a quote for 3-4 days after requesting.

Covid was an obvious huge blow to the channel, and it’s like they never recovered. They go to the parks now almost as little as when the parks were closed! Pete (rightfully in my opinion) discusses how Universal is really on an upswing (we loved it much more than Disney this past spring)…but he doesn’t go there. They make very little UO content. Instead they split the Disney content between 83 channels, then try to smush it all back together again.

Stop throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, then ignoring the tit that’s actually stuck there.
I reached out to someone for a quote for a Disneyland Paris reservation several months back. I hadn't heard back, and am traveling in two weeks. Ended up going with another travel agent who is a friend of a friend so was happy to give her the business, but to this day I still have not heard back about that Disneyland Paris inquiry from Dreams...

This was a great recap, best Patreon show in a long time. Clearly it is not just the audience that has critiques with her, definitely tension with others on the show! I checked to see if they cut that part out on the replay and it is still on there.
I listened (I'm in a low tier, I enjoy most of their videos so I give them some support on Patreon) and I'm on Ryno's side with this...even if it makes him sound like a jerk he's totally right. This is your job Monday-Friday so go. I would LOVE if my job told me I had to go to a restaurant in disney and eat a free meal on the clock. I think if he didn't want her to go, he wouldn't have pushed what he pushed so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Are you able to paste it on here or can't because it's Patreon ?

this was insane to watch! You literally have 2 of their employees making it very clear they are not a fan of her! And Craig did nothing to stop them from talking or edited it out.
It kind of sounds like Erika has been acting like a bit of a diva if you go by the sighs from Panda😂

Reactions: 6
Are you able to paste it on here or can't because it's Patreon ?
It wasn’t more than what I posted really. No word on if Erica is actually going. Jackie said something in chat about how she says no on her behalf sometimes because they’re the only two writing right now

I know this story is supposed to make Erika look bad, but working with people like Ryno is the worst. Low-level employees who want to act like they are in charge, or even worse, get others to do the dirty work.
If you didn’t watch and you already don’t like Ryno I guess maybe you could think that; but it really came off like Erika says no to a lot and gets away with it.

Reactions: 8
No one likes you Ryno. He is so burnt out even with a hiatus from the show he’s still a bleep today. I guess he’s gonna hang on as long as he can as I don’t see professional cup cake and hot dog expert will take him far.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If you didn’t watch and you already don’t like Ryno I guess maybe you could think that; but it really came off like Erika says no to a lot and gets away with it.
I agree that it seems like she gets to say no a lot and others wouldn't get away with it as much. That digs at employees, especially if they have been there a long time and get to see the new one get away with things. She just cancelled going to Universal Horror Nights citing anxiety. Since Craig and Ryno are Universal fans, I wonder if they were annoyed the gesture of Pete taking her and her last minute saying no was seen as a slight to them? There were other times Pete has brought up inviting her to things for her to say she has other plans.

Reactions: 3
That guy on the after show said he didn’t eat potatoes. He ate corn but only on the cob, didn’t eat vegetables otherwise, loved hot dogs. I think Steve Porter had a more adventurous pallet.
I liked Steve. He was passionate and knowledgable .

Ill never forget when he has supposed to be covering the 50th but someone reached over him at a store and he spent the whole night crying on a bench alone. Grow some balls

I agree that it seems like she gets to say no a lot and others wouldn't get away with it as much. That digs at employees, especially if they have been there a long time and get to see the new one get away with things. She just cancelled going to Universal Horror Nights citing anxiety. Since Craig and Ryno are Universal fans, I wonder if they were annoyed the gesture of Pete taking her and her last minute saying no was seen as a slight to them? There were other times Pete has brought up inviting her to things for her to say she has other plans.
All this withstanding.. SHE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT WDW.
From the first show I just figured she was Petes niece cause she's not knowledgeable and seems very difficult to get along with.

Erika is a waste of space but Ryno isn’t far behind. They are always talking about how busy they are. What in the hell do they do all week, shows have sloppy editing, minimal research and lots of technical issue. It’s just a clown show.

You did a great job on the transcript and I don't have any preformed dislike of Ryno.

I just think:

1. If you are a low-level employee like Ryno and you feel a co-worker is not doing their job, its not your job to try and force them to do it, or even worse get another low-level employee to try and force them to do it. You tell your supervisor (admittedly thats probably a tough situation, since Pete is the supervisor, but Ryno chooses to work for Pete most likely because it was Ryno who was able to manipulate his job for a long time....which leads to #2)

2. Its a great irony, that before Erika arrived, it was Ryno that was regularly using his mental health and anxiety to explain his workplace behavior. It feels like Ryno should be the last person who is blasting Erika for her behavior since she attributes much of it to her mental health issues.

You did a great job on the transcript and I don't have any preformed dislike of Ryno.

I just think:

1. If you are a low-level employee like Ryno and you feel a co-worker is not doing their job, its not your job to try and force them to do it, or even worse get another low-level employee to try and force them to do it. You tell your supervisor (admittedly thats probably a tough situation, since Pete is the supervisor, but Ryno chooses to work for Pete most likely because it was Ryno who was able to manipulate his job for a long time....which leads to #2)

2. Its a great irony, that before Erika arrived, it was Ryno that was regularly using his mental health and anxiety to explain his workplace behavior. It feels like Ryno should be the last person who is blasting Erika for her behavior since she attributes much of it to her mental health issues.
The only thing I would disagree with is that it wasn't Ryno trying to get Erika to do her job, he was just complaining that she wasn't doing what everyone else has to do. He didn't really care if she was going to be there or not. It was Theresea that told Panda to tell her that she has to be there vs. ask her, to which Panda said he is not her boss.

Reactions: 9
The only thing I would disagree with is that it wasn't Ryno trying to get Erika to do her job, he was just complaining that she wasn't doing what everyone else has to do. He didn't really care if she was going to be there or not. It was Theresea that told Panda to tell her that she has to be there vs. ask her, to which Panda said he is not her boss.
You are correct! Thanks to ILoveGrapes for the screen grab. I withdraw my first point, but I think the second point still stands.

Reactions: 2
Would be hilarious if Craig is finally fed up with Ryno, and purposely left the mics on hoping Ryno would say something disparaging that would get him fired.

Reactions: 1
Would be hilarious if Craig is finally fed up with Ryno, and purposely left the mics on hoping Ryno would say something disparaging that would get him fired.
Really doubt that considering they spent Halloween together in coordinating costumes. I would imagine it was more like he did not expect the convo to go that way OR he was fed up with Erika. The fact that he didn't cut it out means he/they probably do/does not care who hears what happened.

Not after Craig's response to her on last week's Patreon!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
You are correct! Thanks to ILoveGrapes for the screen grab. I withdraw my first point, but I think the second point still stands.
It's definitely really hard to get a handle on your mental health. We can't say if he has a therapist, is medicated or whatever. It's not one size fits all and it's a lifetime battle. You can't just blame everything on it all the time though you're right. If you know you have an issue, help yourself or ask for help. I say this as someone with GAD, Depression, who had severe pre-partum anxiety, and had PPD.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.