The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pete made an interesting side comment on Monday's DVC show (that's how I found them in the first place and I continue to be a fan of the DVC shows) when he introduced Panda and plugged his youtube channel about how Panda had the channel before he worked for Pete, so it basically wasn't a big deal, compared to if he started a channel while during or even after working for him. Wondering if that was some shade at Deni's new channel...
I wrote last week that I haven't seen Deni with her Mod privileges on the show chat or the Patreon show since she started her own channel. She was coming in on most of the shows before that.

Reactions: 2
I wrote last week that I haven't seen Deni with her Mod privileges on the show chat or the Patreon show since she started her own channel. She was coming in on most of the shows before that.
Yes I did notice that someone speculated that (it must have been you!). Clearly he is not thrilled about that.

Get over yourself Pete! Maybe Deni has goals and dreams she wants to pursue and not defer to your ego or deal with the drama queens you surround business with. If Pete believes the product he puts out is so good he shouldn’t be afraid of a small competitor. On a side note: who wouldn’t want to work at Give Kids the World? What an incredible place with such positivity

Reactions: 7
Pete made an interesting side comment on Monday's DVC show (that's how I found them in the first place and I continue to be a fan of the DVC shows) when he introduced Panda and plugged his youtube channel about how Panda had the channel before he worked for Pete, so it basically wasn't a big deal, compared to if he started a channel while during or even after working for him. Wondering if that was some shade at Deni's new channel...
That’s interesting! However Ryno and Craig both also started their own channels while working for Pete, so he might also be talking about them?

Reactions: 1
I don't blame Deni for starting her own channel. She's filling a need that the Dis channel doesn't fill anymore. I had no idea about the create-your-own popcorn at the MK or the to-go crepes in France because Craig and Ryno haven't begrudgingly made videos about them filled with their own self-hatred. And Deni is responding back nicely to any comments she gets. Again, compare that with the snarky replies the Dis gives.

Reactions: 8
That’s interesting! However Ryno and Craig both also started their own channels while working for Pete, so he might also be talking about them?
Could be! I’m a relatively new watcher and didn’t know that, and for what it’s worth, none of them appear on the DVC show so it really could have been about any of them.

Ryno and Craig have channels, but Craig's has nothing to do with Disney outside of like one or two videos and is dead and Ryno's is pretty much the same. From what I understand about the contracts and working relationship the guys who had a channel before coming in, Panda and Fiasco, are allowed to still post and continue the channels after they leave but when they work for Pete they basically don't have time to do there own thing. Ryno and Craig will never be allowed to cover Disney on there own channels and would have to wait for the noncompete to end. Or they could be bold and just do it anyways like Deni did and like other people in the past before. I would guess he was talking about Deni's with that comment more than Craig and Ryno.

Reactions: 3
They never should've split their YouTube channel. Now it looks like they're desperate for content on individual channels and needlessly spreading things out.
This times a million. At least they stepped back on dining finally. I bet cruise content disappears entirely after they're done stretching Alaska out. Unless Pete takes Panda on another cruise but I think they only posted a few videos from the Halloween cruise they went on so not promising

I really enjoyed today and yesterdays Christmas shows. Fun to see a rainy night on video. They were fun. Keep this up,

Must suck working for the dis and making way less than the vloggers out on their own.... The dis videos get similar views to the Kyle pallos, jojos of the world and they have to split the revenue multiple ways..

then again most of the dis team doesn't have the same motivation to be entrepreneurial

I really enjoyed the show on 11/1, it was one of the most entertaining shows they’ve done in a while. Alyssa was a total breath of fresh air - she was articulate, knowledgeable, and opinionated. I really hope they don’t drive her away.

And while I’m not a huge fan of Panda, he’s way better than Pete as the host. He does a better job of facilitating the conversation, which really should be the host’s job. Pete’s rants are getting exhausting and make for an incredibly boring show. I wish he’d stop dominating the conversation and let the others speak.

Reactions: 11
Anyone know what level of fame does the dis team have in park really? Like I know Tim tracker gets recognizing pretty frequently in and out of the parks by guests & employees alike… are Craig & ryno on that level? Genuinely curious & unaware

Does anyone know - Does the YouTube algorithm benefit splitting a channel (WDW News Today has split its channels) so that instead of having 200,000 subscribers you have two channels with 100,000. For Pete to split the inputs must have a had a financial angle as that's all he thinks about.

Anyone know what level of fame does the dis team have in park really? Like I know Tim tracker gets recognizing pretty frequently in and out of the parks by guests & employees alike… are Craig & ryno on that level? Genuinely curious & unaware
I would say at least the same if not more. It's not just the channel but the DIS also has a good sized forum with a lot of people on it.

Must suck working for the dis and making way less than the vloggers out on their own.... The dis videos get similar views to the Kyle pallos, jojos of the world and they have to split the revenue multiple ways..

then again most of the dis team doesn't have the same motivation to be entrepreneurial
I believe that the channels are used more as advertisement for the travel agency which makes the majority of the money. Their staff couldn't survive on the views from YouTube. And Pete wouldn't be flexing like he does.

Reactions: 5
Why note hire specific people to do the DCL show the problem is finding the anchor host like Pete to keep it compelling clearly we’ve seen Craig is not a host or focal point all of his hosted shows do terribly.

Why note hire specific people to do the DCL show the problem is finding the anchor host like Pete to keep it compelling clearly we’ve seen Craig is not a host or focal point all of his hosted shows do terribly.
The studio is in Pete's house and the team has said before that makes getting guests inside tough because its letting them in his home so they only have the same people to pull in over and over. Also I think you forgot off the rails but your strange obsession with Craig continues so carry on.

Reactions: 9
The studio is in Pete's house and the team has said before that makes getting guests inside tough because its letting them in his home so they only have the same people to pull in over and over. Also I think you forgot off the rails but your strange obsession with Craig continues so carry on.
@animalkingdumb - your about to be a dad grow some thick bleeping skin. I’m only ramped up after you emailed me weirdo.

@animalkingdumb - your about to be a dad grow some thick bleeping skin. I’m only ramped up after you emailed me weirdo.
Lol. You cared enough about a dumb YouTube show to bother emailing them to complain in the first place. I seriously don’t know why you keep hating on Craig all the time. There are worse people on the team than him. Plus it is almost certainly not Craig replying to you. As you mentioned, he is about to have a kid and (1) probably has more to worry about than an internet troll and (2) wouldn’t risk his job by interacting with one on a board that mocks his employer.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.