The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one likes you Ryno. He is so burnt out even with a hiatus from the show he’s still a bleep today. I guess he’s gonna hang on as long as he can as I don’t see professional cup cake and hot dog expert will take him far.
I'm not as harsh as you, but he gets under my skin too. He's like the co-worker that is always calling in sick who only does 1/2 the job on a normal day anyway. Their personal problems are always more important than anyone else's.

Someone remind me what content he actually creates? He doesn't write for the webpage. That's Jackie and Erika's job. Craig produces all Pete's shows except the DVC one and covers most (all?) of the major park stuff at least in video. Panda produces the DVC show and Moving to Orlando and seems to be in charge of the dining reviews.

I know he goes shopping and shows up once in a while for the Tuesday show. He used to do Best & Worst and the weekly news show. Does he take pictures for Jackie maybe? Not really sure.

All I know is Craig deserves a raise and Panda, for all the tit he gets here, seems like he does his part.

Reactions: 3
I'm not as harsh as you, but he gets under my skin too. He's like the co-worker that is always calling in sick who only does 1/2 the job on a normal day anyway. Their personal problems are always more important than anyone else's.

Someone remind me what content he actually creates? He doesn't write for the webpage. That's Jackie and Erika's job. Craig produces all Pete's shows except the DVC one and covers most (all?) of the major park stuff at least in video. Panda produces the DVC show and Moving to Orlando and seems to be in charge of the dining reviews.

I know he goes shopping and shows up once in a while for the Tuesday show. He used to do Best & Worst and the weekly news show. Does he take pictures for Jackie maybe? Not really sure.

All I know is Craig deserves a raise and Panda, for all the tit he gets here, seems like he does his part.
You’re right I think I was a bit too harsh and for that I apologize as I’ve seen by looking at his Instagram that he has a very prolific career in plus size modeling for a boutique clothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gotta give Panda credit for his "I'm not her boss" line.

I know this story is supposed to make Erika look bad, but working with people like Ryno is the worst. Low-level employees who want to act like they are in charge, or even worse, get others to do the dirty work.
I mean, complaining that someone new gets to just pick and choose if they are going to work that day is how most people would respond. Especially if everyone else has to do their job whether they want to or not.

Reactions: 9
Just to balance out some of the negativity I just want to point out

- Alyssa the new girl was fantastic. I actually learned a few things from her
- Craig seems like a great guy and deserves better
- The Patreon really endeared me to Ryno.
- Panda doesn't move the needle for me but he seems like a genuine good guy
- Kathy is a sweetheart , same with Teresa.

Reactions: 8

I completely agree about Alyssa, she had a thoughtful response to any topic thrown at her. Very articulate and seemed comfortable with it being her first show.

Reactions: 4
I mean, complaining that someone new gets to just pick and choose if they are going to work that day is how most people would respond. Especially if everyone else has to do their job whether they want to or not.
I just watched it. Ryno doesn’t come off badly in my opinion. For me it seemed like confirmation that Erica is exactly as she come off in the show and they’re all tired of her.

Reactions: 10
I just watched it. Ryno doesn’t come off badly in my opinion. For me it seemed like confirmation that Erica is exactly as she come off in the show and they’re all tired of her.
I think she turned quickly from innocent newbie to cocky know it all. Also, if you look at her social you can clearly tell she is trying hard to become an “influencer”

Love Teresa! She is so funny! Craig did so much better this episode, maybe because Pete was not there?🤔
And agree about Alyssa, this is the type of new addition we need to the show.

Reactions: 7
I think Panda could be good, he just needs to find himself, and stop viewing his role as having to agree with Pete on everything.

Unlike the other team members, Panda actually had a social media/disney presence before he came to the DIS. I believe he had close to 100,000 youtube subscribers. But they just brought him on as "John, who is running the switchboard". It was bizarre.

Reactions: 9
I'm usually not very critical of the show but I was very turned off by Erica's almost blatant trying to get Pete to take her to certain places. Sometimes it comes off that way with things too. Maybe she's seen him treat others to things and would like to be added to that.

Reactions: 6
I'm usually not very critical of the show but I was very turned off by Erica's almost blatant trying to get Pete to take her to certain places. Sometimes it comes off that way with things too. Maybe she's seen him treat others to things and would like to be added to that.
I agree. In the last show I watched with her she talked about how she had been coming to Disney with her family since she was a baby and then how she was a cast member. They then talked about some restaurants and she remarked how she hadn't eaten at any of them and looked at Pete. Like she was waiting in anticipation for him to say I will take you. I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that someone who has been coming to Disney for 20-some-odd years AND who worked there hasn't done anything but ride attractions. ANDDD also talked about how there were a lot of attractions she hasn't done. Like how!?? Shes trying to come off like a newbie and it just ain't it,

Reactions: 10
I think Panda could be good, he just needs to find himself, and stop viewing his role as having to agree with Pete on everything.
Some people are just nice and easy going. We need more of these people in the world. He comes across as just happy to be there.

I agree. In the last show I watched with her she talked about how she had been coming to Disney with her family since she was a baby and then how she was a cast member. They then talked about some restaurants and she remarked how she hadn't eaten at any of them and looked at Pete. Like she was waiting in anticipation for him to say I will take you. I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that someone who has been coming to Disney for 20-some-odd years AND who worked there hasn't done anything but ride attractions. ANDDD also talked about how there were a lot of attractions she hasn't done. Like how!?? Shes trying to come off like a newbie and it just ain't it,
I get not going to the restaurants if you're a local. They're expensive and most aren't worth the price, but the attractions is a little odd. What attractions did she say? There are a few, Mission Space for example, I wouldn't recommend to anybody.

Reactions: 1
To be fair Sean was the same way and he was HIRED as a travel agent for Disney...

How can you suggest things to clients when you've experienced next to nothing?

Reactions: 6
The dining review today was interesting. Ryno hated Prime Time Cafe (I think mostly because of the way the servers interact and do the whole shtick instead of leaving you alone, which I get). Erica was there and she ordered the plant based option and Ryno got salmon but said he probably ordered the wrong thing because he didn't care for it (I bet he wanted to have the vegan option, but...). Erica was also really annoying in this one to me, but I really liked Teresa being in it. She is enjoyable to watch. I would rather have seen Craig, Ryno, Teresa, and Panda and no Erica.

Reactions: 7
I requested a quote once for a Disney Cruise and once for a WDW package and don't understand why they're always bragging about their agents. It took days to get an answer back and it was the same price as if I booked online myself and there was no conversation or warmth in the email just the price of the trip and no follow up to see if I was still interested, I thought leads were important to travel planners
I "worked with" Elaine on a Universal trip. I received no responses and finally reached out to the website and John emailed back and said they were having trouble with their emails going to spam. I checked there, but saw nothing. When we arrived at Universal and we were trying to pick up our tickets and get that situated, it was nothing but a big hassle. The very nice lady working at our resort was as helpful as could be and got everything straightened out, but she said my problems were a common occurrence with the DIS' travel agency. I'm not sure how things work with any of the other agents there, but I won't trust another trip to them.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The dining review today was interesting. Ryno hated Prime Time Cafe (I think mostly because of the way the servers interact and do the whole shtick instead of leaving you alone, which I get). Erica was there and she ordered the plant based option and Ryno got salmon but said he probably ordered the wrong thing because he didn't care for it (I bet he wanted to have the vegan option, but...). Erica was also really annoying in this one to me, but I really liked Teresa being in it. She is enjoyable to watch. I would rather have seen Craig, Ryno, Teresa, and Panda and no Erica.
I thought the intro from Ryno was funny! He was so excited to announce Panda and over the moon with Teresa being there and said at the end and Erika. To be fair on this restaurant, it is not my thing. I went once and do not like the whole interaction. If you like that type of dining entertainment, then you will enjoy.

Reactions: 5
I thought the intro from Ryno was funny! He was so excited to announce Panda and over the moon with Teresa being there and said at the end and Erika. To be fair on this restaurant, it is not my thing. I went once and do not like the whole interaction. If you like that type of dining entertainment, then you will enjoy.
We went once based on the glowing reviews it gets. My normally sweet, kind grandmother was with us. It was the most miserable experience. My grandmother, who was warned ahead of time about the schtick, hated the the "interaction" with the waitress. She and the waitress openly traded passive aggressive barbs back and forth. I think the waitress thought my grandmother was playing along, but I've never been so ready to leave a restaurant in my life. And like everything Disney, the food was mediocre and overpriced.

Reactions: 3
same here, I remember going with my family when I was younger and I hated it. Everyone clambered over getting a reservation there and I don’t get it. I just wanna be left alone while I eat! It’s like that restaurant where everyone is an asshole to you. Why on earth would you want to go there?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.