The DIS Unplugged #7 Congrats Pete on having great Chinese food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s interesting. I wonder what he’s referring to. Red flags were popping and no one did anything about it.
I think Corey and a bunch of the crew played it off using the NJ stereotype that's what normal people do, breaking balls etc, saying stuff like that.

Reactions: 7
Ladies and gentlemen... THE ADULT IN THE ROOM HAS FINALLY ARRIVED 👏
This is what John should have said. How hard was that?

Thank you, Corey.
---
I totally agree with what you said, this is what people were hoping for from John!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've been reading along throughout this entire thing. I'm not an overly emotional person, but I've found myself ping-ponging between rage, sadness, anger, disbelief, protectiveness (of Dustin and Sean's emotional well-being); as I'm sure many of you have as well.
Fortunately, our society embraces the women who come forward with true SA histories with praises of how strong and brave they are. Unfortunately, not so much for men. Look at how Terry Crews was handled when he came forward? It's a shame and I understand why so many men withhold their truths. 😢
I used to watch the Dis off and on. At first thought Pete was a know it all that actually knew nothing, had no real palate for good food and had the others on to provide actual insight so he could play the part of Queen B. Then I noticed how he treated everyone like they were his personal entourage there do agree with him and be his "yes men". People would be going around the round table or at dinner saying what they like or don't like and Pete would just flat out dismiss them and tell them they are wrong. Then why do you have this setup for everyone to give their freaking OPINIONS!?!?
I remember him making fun of the Flynn Ryder kid behind his back mocking him as he was talking and rolling his eyes. Seriously? He openly made fun of Fiasco too. When Ryno, Deni and Pete (maybe Fiasco was there too? Can't remember) were at Galaxies Edge and filming and a CM Storm Trooper approached them to interact and Pete stopped everything to tell the poor CM off for interrupting them. AND THEY LEFT THAT IN THE FINAL CUT!! How?? Seriously?!? They were obviously used to that behavior and just chalked it up to "Oh, that's just Pete being Pete", even though they were all obviously uncomfortable.
At that point I couldn't stand watching this pompous asshole that obviously treats every single person around him as if it's his world and everyone is lucky if they get to live in it.
Unfortunately, he won't learn a thing from this. This is Pete. He is a broken, pathetic, narcissistic little man that has to build himself up and tear others down in order to feel good about himself. The best thing that could happen to him is for him to lose every single last cent he has. Then he would no longer be in the financial position to "save" others to draw them into his web of horrors.
Sorry for the novel, just wanted to unburden a little. Virtual hugs to everyone on here, especially Dustin and Sean.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Again, this company needs to close. They are done. There is nothing they can say now to make it right. Too little too late and all self serving. I am more disgusted each time someone opens their mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was at DHS and Epcot the last two weekends and, I admit, my eyes were peeled. But alas, nothing.
I don't think Pete will ever step foot on Disney property ever again. Waaaayyyy too many people know who he is, and he couldn't handle it; he's been stripped of his "Star" status and his big bucks. I'm going to be very surprised if he's not on a downward spiral of personal self-destruction. As a human being, I can't imagine all of these heinous things coming out and not want to turn to a chemical escape of some kind, or worse. Especially because he knows it's all true, and knows there's more that hasn't come out.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
OK, so Cory's statement was the adult statement that should have been made by John earlier......BUT..........even putting aside Dustin, Sean, and even Charle's stories.........anyone that has watched The Dis for more than 3 years, could already piece together what a $hit person PW was - and will all the staff turnovers..........are we to honestly believe that Cory/John/Kevin did not view workplace bullying or sexual harassment from PW? I mean, most people could tell what a first class @$$ he was based on just the vlogs (which were edited - think about what had to be edited out of those vlogs) and the weekly livestream?

I get it, trying to save the money train. Trying to act like things will change. Of course they will, Pete is no longer there.

I remember him making fun of the Flynn Ryder kid behind his back mocking him as he was talking and rolling his eyes. Seriously? He openly made fun of Fiasco too.
astute observation. my personal fear is pete werner turned sour on fiasco and drake when they turned down his sexual advances. hence the mocking in the background, and keeping it in the final edit even.

he’s petty… he’s petty pete werner.

again, whoever edited those videos: you were cruel for the sake of your job.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
OK, so Cory's statement was the adult statement that should have been made by John earlier......BUT..........even putting aside Dustin, Sean, and even Charle's stories.........anyone that has watched The Dis for more than 3 years, could already piece together what a $hit person PW was - and will all the staff turnovers..........are we to honestly believe that Cory/John/Kevin did not view workplace bullying or sexual harassment from PW? I mean, most people could tell what a first class @$$ he was based on just the vlogs (which were edited - think about what had to be edited out of those vlogs) and the weekly livestream?

I get it, trying to save the money train. Trying to act like things will change. Of course they will, Pete is no longer there.
I was the only one among my friends and family (who are avid Disney fans) to like and watch The Dis Unplugged. I didn’t know what they saw in it, and they didn’t know what *I* saw. I couldn't even talk about it around them, it gave them the “ick”. One friend even moved a big trip we take together back a few days to avoid being at DLR this weekend when I told them DUT is having an event at DCA. He’s never done that before!

I knew Pete Werner was a witch (that’s the exact right term!) but I couldn’t see the narcissist for the trees.

Now I feel foolish for having liked PW.

Reactions: 6
In Florida travel agencies have to have a bond. I don’t know the technicalities but let’s hope their licensing is pulled.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was the only one among my friends and family (who are avid Disney fans) to like and watch The Dis Unplugged. I didn’t know what they saw in it, and they didn’t know what *I* saw. I couldn't even talk about it around them, it gave them the “ick”. One friend even moved a big trip we take together back a few days to avoid being at DLR this weekend when I told them DUT is having an event at DCA. He’s never done that before!

I knew Pete Werner was a witch (that’s the exact right term!) but I couldn’t see the narcissist for the trees.

Oh I loved a good PW rant......I can't lie. But I knew he was an @$$. Shame on me for giving it any views.

I don't think Pete will ever step foot on Disney property ever again. Waaaayyyy too many people know who he is, and he couldn't handle it; he's been stripped of his "Star" status and his big bucks. I'm going to be very surprised if he's not on a downward spiral of personal self-destruction. As a human being, I can't imagine all of these heinous things coming out and not want to turn to a chemical escape of some kind, or worse. Especially because he knows it's all true, and knows there's more that hasn't come out.
He’s probably wallowing into the bottom of a bottle somewhere I suspect.

I’ve been thinking about all of this for days. I just want to send love and support to both Shaun and Dustin for coming forward and sharing such raw and emotional moments.

I hope by doing this, you can begin to heal from your trauma.

I believe that John and Kevin have some complacency here, but I just can’t imagine that they knew how depraved PW truly is. I want to give them grace and the benefit of the doubt.

The podcast and channel has brought a lot of joy and entertainment into my life and I want to give those involved with it a second chance and allow them an opportunity for a fresh start.

• Heart
I do wonder what they will do with the YT channel. Whole back catalogue of a predator just there.

I agree… I enjoyed watching the shows in 2017 because of the quirky characters. Yes, there are know it alls but for the most part at least they would give an honest opinion.

I enjoyed Fiasco, he’s a normal dude who gave simplified reviews, not some wanna be culinary expert.

I loved Sean on MTO, the home tours were fun, and it was nice to see dream homes and realistic houses. And after hearing Sean’s story I am so happy for him that he found a career he could thrive in and make a living, and glad he survived PW and told his story.

All that being said you could see the unraveling over the past 12-18 months. Ryno seemed so unhappy and nervous, Corey/John/Kevin disappeared, Pete became more erratic it was obvious the ship was sinking.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.