The DIS Unplugged #7 Congrats Pete on having great Chinese food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get the sense John is a chill guy and doesn't like confrontation....but too bad sometimes you have to face things.
He just seems to want to keep Kevin happy and that's all he cares about, which would explain those last paragraphs. Keeping Kevin happy also includes keeping the money flowing and so he just kept his head in the sand. It's ridiculous they did the Disneyland trip. I don't think anyone should support the company going forward. It's tainted.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He stumbled onto something and assumed CEO without any knowledge of what that entails.

Reactions: 1
John's post from 2019 while on a trip to Disneyland. Well exactly 4 years later the castle is crumbling.

Screenshot_20230803_112507_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 5
And I know it's Dustin, not "Justin" in the post above, but I realized the typo after the editing window expired.
I read in my mind “Justice for Dustin”!
---
Another former employee treated like garbage.
😔

View attachment 2353922
For context and to refresh our memories.
Is this the Pete Scheidle you are discussing ?
187177DC-75D9-4333-9EF1-AA87E784D66D.jpeg

To be honest I don’t think I was watching Dis Unplugged when he was on. This gentleman is not familiar to me.

Last edited:
I had no idea what was going on until I saw Ryno's Insta about it. Always thought Pete was an arse but never knew what was going on behind the scenes. Lots of love to the victims who have shared.

People bang on about Tattle being a terrible place and in some areas it is, but in many others it's a safe supportive place to talk where you will be heard. Calling it a site that 'dumps on Influencers etc' is selling it short and simplifying in the extreme.
Agreed. I come to tattle to vent instead of leaving comments specifically because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Also, it's notable that THIS site is where people felt comfortable revealing their true stories... 🤷‍♀️
---
While not a forum, a lot of folks discuss travel plans/opinions on Reddit's Walt Disney World group.
Nice -Ok thanks.
---
Nightmare Unlimited Travel

Oops someone already said it!
I was really debating which one to use - ultimately Denial won out for me because it preserved the acronym ;)
---
Wdwmagic.com
LOL it even looks exactly like DISBoards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Wow. Just came back from a week at WDW. I just caught up with everything.

To Dustin: I am so incredibly sorry that you were violated and it takes real strength to come forward. I send you so many healing vibes ❤

To Sean: You have been through hell, and lived to tell about it. I can't imagine the stress and fear you lived with for so many years. You deserve nothing but good and positive going forward ❤

To the rest of the DIS employees: You should all feel guilty for knowing to some extent what was going on, and not doing a damn thing about it. And not just in the case of Sean and Dustin (or even Charles). Just the treatment that has been described by former employees. There are TONS of travel agencies that specialize in WDW travel. You should have packed your bags and got out.

To John (and Kevin): I always thought you were both kind and caring people. Who loved Disney and turned it into a business. You both knew what Pete was. You had to. Even just through office gossip for years and years. But you did no follow up. No questioning. Nothing. Money was all that mattered to you both. Disgusting.

Disney (and Universal) needs to remove all media credentials for all of them. No more hosts. No more gifts. No more exclusives.

I am sickened at how many people at The Dis enabled a monster/abuser/predator. The victims deserved better.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
IMG_3857.jpeg

Then don't say anything at all, Chris.
If you are not going to help the cause, then why say anything?

People have been abused, raped, drugged. Now is the time to speak if you know something. Now is the time to help bring all of this down.

I can't stand comments like this that just try to be relevant in a "trending" conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 2354255

People have been abused, raped, drugged. Now is the time to speak if you know something. Now is the time to help bring all of this down.

I can't stand comments like this that just try to be relevant in a "trending" conversation.
I asked earlier if anyone knew who he was? Nothing yet.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 2354255

who even is this?

Corey's new statement:

Dear DIS Community,

Before I continue, I want to be transparent with you all. While I have been a part of the DIS since 2001, I must admit that I was not made aware of the specific allegations that led to these recent events. However, over the years, I have witnessed and verbally disagreed with many things that I found concerning. I deeply regret not taking more action at that time, and I want to acknowledge that this is a crucial moment for us to address these issues head-on. Again, I only recently heard about these horrific stories as the victims are sharing them publicly for the first time and have said many times they did not share them with us members of the team.

First and foremost, my top priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone associated with the DIS, be it employees or volunteers. I am actively working to implement measures that will prevent any form of sexual misconduct within our community.

Having been a part of the DIS since 2001, I have witnessed the dedication and contributions of some truly amazing individuals who have come and gone. It is my intention to honor their legacies while also striving to create a more inclusive and respectful environment for everyone.

We have an incredible team that is willing to work alongside me to pave our new path.

I understand that there is a lot to process right now, and I welcome your feedback and suggestions as we move forward together. Open communication and transparency will be essential during this transformative phase, and I am committed to fostering a culture of trust and respect within our community.

Let us work hand in hand to build a brighter future for this place, where each person feels valued, safe, and supported. Together, we can create positive change.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,
Corey

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Saying nothing is one thing. Proactively protecting is another. Wish I could go back and post Gurugossip or the hundreds of threads deleted or closed throughout the years.

I wonder if there as been any Pete sightings? I’m sure he is very busy planning his next move. Probably has an industrial shredder.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Corey's new statement:

Dear DIS Community,

Before I continue, I want to be transparent with you all. While I have been a part of the DIS since 2001, I must admit that I was not made aware of the specific allegations that led to these recent events. However, over the years, I have witnessed and verbally disagreed with many things that I found concerning. I deeply regret not taking more action at that time, and I want to acknowledge that this is a crucial moment for us to address these issues head-on. Again, I only recently heard about these horrific stories as the victims are sharing them publicly for the first time and have said many times they did not share them with us members of the team.

First and foremost, my top priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone associated with the DIS, be it employees or volunteers. I am actively working to implement measures that will prevent any form of sexual misconduct within our community.

Having been a part of the DIS since 2001, I have witnessed the dedication and contributions of some truly amazing individuals who have come and gone. It is my intention to honor their legacies while also striving to create a more inclusive and respectful environment for everyone.

We have an incredible team that is willing to work alongside me to pave our new path.

I understand that there is a lot to process right now, and I welcome your feedback and suggestions as we move forward together. Open communication and transparency will be essential during this transformative phase, and I am committed to fostering a culture of trust and respect within our community.

Let us work hand in hand to build a brighter future for this place, where each person feels valued, safe, and supported. Together, we can create positive change.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,
Corey
Ladies and gentlemen... THE ADULT IN THE ROOM HAS FINALLY ARRIVED 👏
This is what John should have said. How hard was that?

Thank you, Corey.
---
Wasn’t sure if this statement from JL had been shared.
And JL, I can only imagine how you must be feeling with the latest revelations.

Reactions: 31
However, over the years, I have witnessed and verbally disagreed with many things that I found concerning. I deeply regret not taking more action at that time, and I want to acknowledge that this is a crucial moment for us to address these issues head-on.
That’s interesting. I wonder what he’s referring to. Red flags were popping and no one did anything about it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.