The DIS Unplugged #7 Congrats Pete on having great Chinese food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember, Pete is still there. John said he was being removed but that is all talk until it happens and that could take lawyers, payment deals and many months. John made the statements because they were expected. Don’t take it as fact until it happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And JL, I can only imagine how you must be feeling with the latest revelations.
Not only does JL have to deal with the emotions and flashbacks of her experiences during her DIS days…..

She has to deal with the stress of worrying about how all this may impact her current job status with Disney!

Reactions: 10
I do wonder what they will do with the YT channel. Whole back catalogue of a predator just there.
My prior point exactly. How do you keep that catalog of videos (several of their channels are about 95% PW) on line with Predator Pete leading band? There are resort tours, room tours, restaurant reviews, park visits, all of which DUT relies upon to spread the word about WDW as a dream vacation location. I mean, it's the whole bleeping reason that those channels are sponsored. Same goes for DVC Fan.

Reactions: 8
Remember, Pete is still there. John said he was being removed but that is all talk until it happens and that could take lawyers, payment deals and many months. John made the statements because they were expected. Don’t take it as fact until it happens.
Pete is still part owner of Dreams and has to be bought out. I do believe John and Cory most likely contacted legal counsel and are making an attempt to remove Pete because they need the business to keep going. Can you imagine what a witch Pete is being right about now. The man is a lost rotten soul who preyed upon suffering humans in their time of despair and desperation….he probably thinks he has the upper hand and wants millions to go away quietly.

Reactions: 10
I hate to think about what the payout will be, but I guess it doesn't matter. Pete will blow through it, anyway.

Reactions: 8
The Dis Unplugged #8: Gaudy jewelry for sale, gotta pay Amex. Gotta pay Amex.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My prior point exactly. How do you keep that catalog of videos (several of their channels are about 95% PW) on line with Predator Pete leading band? There are resort tours, room tours, restaurant reviews, park visits, all of which DUT relies upon to spread the word about WDW as a dream vacation location. I mean, it's the whole bleeping reason that those channels are sponsored. Same goes for DVC Fan.
[/
I'd refresh EVERYTHING. Tours, reviews, park visits, logos, music. Nothing that had a whiff of Pete (ugh) about it would remain. I'd even be tempted to change the name of the channel slightly. Take the rest of the summer off and start re-covering the basics for trip planners while you're also auditioning new on-camera staff.
---
"Highest quality, purchased exclusively on cruise ships, so you know it's good. No lowball offers, I know what I have."
"From the stripped-down Bob Varley studio, welcome to the Pete Werner home jewellry shopping network!"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The podcast and channel has brought a lot of joy and entertainment into my life and I want to give those involved with it a second chance and allow them an opportunity for a fresh start.
That's nice of you.
Unfortunately, it sounds like most of them contributed to this enablement and toxicity that allowed these events to transpire.

I am not so nice when it comes to what has transpired.
Until I'm convinced otherwise, the podcast doesn't get a "fresh start". It can't ignore what has happened and just gleefully move on.

People have been raped, abused, drugged and assaulted.
No one gets a pass from me this early.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was about to respond to this when...

I'd refresh EVERYTHING. Tours, reviews, park visits, logos, music. Nothing that had a whiff of Pete (ugh) about it would remain. I'd even be tempted to change the name of the channel slightly. Take the rest of the summer off and start re-covering the basics for trip planners while you're also auditioning new on-camera staff.
---
IF they are to keep the channel they need to re-do as much as possible. Nuke everything with Pete in it and then start over in a logical way.

Tour all the resorts, stay in the resorts with fresh reviews, all new dining shows, best of, etc.

And I would NOT take the rest of the summer off. I would get everyone in gear and get as much done as possible as soon as possible to the rate of dropping a new video daily to rebuild their catalog.

However: will they have the MONEY to do so? They would need more folks - both on camera and editing - to get it done.

Reactions: 7
The Dis Unplugged #8 Dreams Unlimited Travel-We are the experts in enabling the most toxic workplace!

Reactions: 5
I would really just remove the dis unplugged channel completely and start posting content under the dreams channel. Pete rarely appears if any on that channel. They would still
Have some following and could rid themselves of the back lot of pettty Pete.

Reactions: 5
Here's something I've been trying to wrap my head around:

John Magi is Pete Werner's ex-husband. Exactly how long were they married (I understand Werner has another ex as well)? When were they married? For John Magi to act like he had zero idea about the allegations specifically might be one thing, but to feign ignorance of Werner's general behavior and treatment of employees is beyond ridiculous. I mean, he was bleeping MARRIED to the guy. My ex-wife knows exactly who I am (although still goes on family vacations with me, 10 years after our divorce, so maybe she's nuts too).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Here's something I've been trying to wrap my head around:

John Magi is Pete Werner's ex-husband. Exactly how long were they married (I understand Werner has another ex as well)? When were they married? For John Magi to act like he had zero idea about the allegations specifically might be one thing, but to feign ignorance of Werner's general behavior and treatment of employees is beyond ridiculous. I mean, he was bleeping MARRIED to the guy. My ex-wife knows exactly who I am (although still goes on family vacations with me, 10 years after our divorce, so maybe she's nuts too).
John and Pete were never married afaik.

Reactions: 6
John and Pete were never married afaik.
Ok, the Wiki article on here says they were (obviously it's wrong):

John Magi
Co-owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel and occasional panelist on the Dis Unplugged.

John Magi is Pete's ex-husband and co-owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel. John is a tolerating man who occasionally appears on camera for the Dis Unplugged. He and his current husband, Kevin Klose, often travel the world together.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.