The DIS Unplugged #7 Congrats Pete on having great Chinese food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am almost certain Kay isn't his actual last name? Maybe he thinks Disney will think Michael Kay is someone else and will give him his media credentials back.

It’s not. Neither the the nearly 1/2 million dollar house he lives in

I can't beleive they are allowing people to call out "protected" Webmaster Kathy for being a total hypocrite. The Dis has a class a protected users and no way would some of these comments be allowed to stay unless there was something else coming down from up top.

The only thing I can think of is Corey is trying to be a real grownup in the room and telling the moderators and webmasters to let to the discussion continue. What is taking place in those threads is so out of character for this board that I am left speechless. I bet Kathy is losing her mind that she is not able to silence the "unbelievers" in the forum.
5cc8f9b641bca.jpeg

Reactions: 3
To Use Petes own words against him:

The Dis Unplugged #8: RUN. THE FRICK. AWAY

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
This would have been an appropriate disclaimer for those thinking about joining the "Werner Empire".

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Finally starting to make its way to Twitter. Brett retweeted Shawn’s tweet which included the John statement. He also said if the victims had been women it would have blown up! He’s right.
men do tend to keep experiences of sexual assault to themselves 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I can't beleive they are allowing people to call out "protected" Webmaster Kathy for being a total hypocrite. The Dis has a class a protected users and no way would some of these comments be allowed to stay unless there was something else coming down from up top.

The only thing I can think of is Corey is trying to be a real grownup in the room and telling the moderators and webmasters to let to the discussion continue. What is taking place in those threads is so out of character for this board that I am left speechless. I bet Kathy is losing her mind that she is not able to silence the "unbelievers" in the forum.
A few days ago a few "mods/webmasters" who apparently were purged in some great Pete banning returned to the Boards. Some posters did not give them the hero's welcome they thought they were going to receive.

Basically saying that these "mods/webmasters acted like Petes minions banning and enforcing Pete's rules and they didn't really feel sorry for them when Pete ultimately turned on them as well"

I am not sure I agree with it completely, but its interesting to see just how deep everything ran and how many people blindly followed.

Reactions: 2
Was just remembering an episode where both John Magi and Pete Werner tit on Craig and Ryno during a DisUnplugged show. It happens right after the title cards. I was hoping way back then that the guys would work on their resumes and find something better and once again I hope they are making swift moves. There's no way that John Magi will treat them any better than Pete Werner has, and here is the evidence.

DisUnplugged February 11, 2020

https://www. youtube.com /watch?v=hv9pNxYUNBE in case the link doesn't show up
What a f’n d-! That was so mean and uncalled for. Can’t believe he treats his employees like that.

Reactions: 2
As personal experience with a date rape drug, and as a warning to others, I was at a small friendly local wine bar. Preparing to leave after one drink, the person I was with left to get the car, I set down my glass to use the restroom, came right out, took a few more sips of my wine, tasted nothing different, and walked out the door to meet my friend with the car though it appeared I was now leaving alone.

By the time I reached the parking lot I was completely passed out and on the ground like a rag doll. the effects didn’t completely wear off for about three days and I had zero recollection of events after leaving the wine bar. Thankfully I had someone with me and was taken to the hospital.

All this to say that if it hasn’t happened to you, never leave a drink unattended, it can happen to anyone. If it does happen to you, you are in no way responsible for anything you were subjected to during that time.

Dustin, you are a survivor. I don’t know you but damn, I’m proud of you!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
This can’t be said enough: Sean and Dustin are heroes. I hope others come forward. We are here to support you.

Think of the future victims that are now saved because of your bravery.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What a f’n d-! That was so mean and uncalled for. Can’t believe he treats his employees like that.
I'm the type of person who gives people a taste of their own medicine in an attempt to teach them a lesson. I admit that it's not a healthy behavior. If I were working for Pete I'd pounce on his mistakes. It wouldn't end well, but that doesn't stop me. It's not a good habit to have lol
---
I hope Dustin is doing okay. My wish is that everyone that has been hurting over the years finds closure.

I do have to speculate though. When the move was announced I said the "persona non grata"ing has started. I was pretty positive (wrote a post and deleted it) that there would be an "effective immediately yadda yadda management change yadda yadda divesting interest" statement.

Here's the thing though, the first part of that statement was clearly expected and written to template. The second part was an emotional outburst that went off script. I had heard that something was mentioned on the Disboards yesterday about taking care of it after the planned event. For these reasons I am fairly sure (60%) that the announcement was not planned for last night. I think the first part had been written for days but the second part was written hastily. I wonder if the social media responses just got to be too much or if something else happened. One counter might be that the announcement was released ~5pm PST, a standard time for such statements, but like anything else that could all be coincidence.

No judgement either way, just curiosity.
People started to @disney on their Instagram posts. They can't let their relationship with Disney suffer, that's where their money comes from. That was the catalyst for the update. It may also be when Pete started to take down his social media accounts, but I don't follow him so I don't know how the timeline adds up there

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Finally starting to make its way to Twitter. Brett retweeted Shawn’s tweet which included the John statement. He also said if the victims had been women it would have blown up! He’s right.
This is 100% true. Look at the years of bullshit thrown at Johnny Depp when he was the actual victim.
I hope all those hurt by Pete are able to heal as much as possible.
I would love to hear Clownfish TV cover this. They have mentioned Pete in other stories over the years, and I enjoy their daily dose of disman Disney.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is 100% true. Look at the years of bullshit thrown at Johnny Depp when he was the actual victim.
I hope all those hurt by Pete are able to heal as much as possible.
I would love to hear Clownfish TV cover this. They have mentioned Pete in other stories over the years, and I enjoy their daily dose of disman Disney.
We need FRE (Florida Resident Edits)!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.