The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since Disney is cracking down on disability fraud, maybe now they should finally acknowledge that being morbidly obese is not a disability and doesn’t deserve special treatment #sorrynotsorry

Reactions: 5
Since Disney is cracking down on disability fraud, maybe now they should finally acknowledge that being morbidly obese is not a disability and doesn’t deserve special treatment #sorrynotsorry
One cannot obtain disability benefits based on obesity alone — even morbid obesity. The Social Security Administration views it as, “a risk factor that increases an individual’s chances of developing impairments in most body systems.” So fatty-fatty two-by-four probably has some other disability due to being a disgusting butter golem.

But yes, I would love nothing more if Disney found a way to stop this constant pandering to the chonkie constituents of the park. Nothing ruins the experience more than walking down Mainstreet USA only to see some family go 4 wide with their scooters. You know what was great about Tokyo Disney? No strollers, no scooters, no fat people.

Yea yea, body shaming. All these people should be proud. They all look like Lizzo out there! Amazing! Courageous and Brave

• Heart
Reactions: 7
One cannot obtain disability benefits based on obesity alone — even morbid obesity. The Social Security Administration views it as, “a risk factor that increases an individual’s chances of developing impairments in most body systems.” So fatty-fatty two-by-four probably has some other disability due to being a disgusting butter golem.

But yes, I would love nothing more if Disney found a way to stop this constant pandering to the chonkie constituents of the park. Nothing ruins the experience more than walking down Mainstreet USA only to see some family go 4 wide with their scooters. You know what was great about Tokyo Disney? No strollers, no scooters, no fat people.

Yea yea, body shaming. All these people should be proud. They all look like Lizzo out there! Amazing! Courageous and Brave
whoa, jeez man!! Did a fat person sit on your pet or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Last year I was sat by the Rivers of America in Frontierland & saw a weird thing. A young family of four in a fleet of electric scooters parked up but what got my attention was that they all practically sprang off them. Who I assume was the Dad then told the two children in the party to 'do some star jumps girls', which they did and all four then just wandered off. OK there are hidden disabilities but the parents looked like gym bunnies & the girls were prancing around like gymnasts. Is it now a thing that completely healthy families are using these scooters in the parks and then (maybe) get to jump the bus queue on the way back to the hotel?

I am 41. Old to some not old to others. I have a genetic disease some days are easier than others. Some days I can walk and get around fine some I can't. Next summer my daughter is graduating high school and we are planning a Disney/Universal trip with her to celebrate. I have been thinking of getting a scooter so I can enjoy the parks with her. I don't think I would be able to without one. I HATE the idea of having to do this. HATE IT. This discussion has amplified that a ton. :( I get that people abuse the use of scooters but sometimes they are necessary. Sometimes you can look at me and think wow shes fine she's taking advantage. No one understands the pain or one moment you're fine then the next your body stops working. It sucks so much. Maybe Ill just convince her to do something else as I don't want to be constantly judged or made to feel bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am 41. Old to some not old to others. I have a genetic disease some days are easier than others. Some days I can walk and get around fine some I can't. Next summer my daughter is graduating high school and we are planning a Disney/Universal trip with her to celebrate. I have been thinking of getting a scooter so I can enjoy the parks with her. I don't think I would be able to without one. I HATE the idea of having to do this. HATE IT. This discussion has amplified that a ton. :( I get that people abuse the use of scooters but sometimes they are necessary. Sometimes you can look at me and think wow shes fine she's taking advantage. No one understands the pain or one moment you're fine then the next your body stops working. It sucks so much. Maybe Ill just convince her to do something else as I don't want to be constantly judged or made to feel bad.
Thank you for sharing your story, but this is the kind of stuff that tries to shut down arguments or discussions. Trust me I have a heart and feel your plight the disabled should always be treated with kindness, respect, and dignity. You should blame the people who are abusing the system and making a mockery of disability and accessible options given this negative light on it.

Reactions: 8
I am so sorry that this discussion has amplified your hatred of having to use a scooter and that you feel you are being judged. You are not, I assure you. Unfortunately this wouldn't be an issue and there wouldn't be this discussion if able-bodied but lazy people weren't abusing the system. I travel with a relative who has major mobility issues due to crippling arthritis and she has to use a rollator or wheelchair due to the pain. I know she hates using these and tries using a stick as much as possible. However there is a ton of difference between people like her and you who struggle with daily activities and lazy or deceitful people taking advantage of the system - they are the people we are criticizing, not you. The sooner they are called out the better, then people who actually need mobility devices won't feel judged (even though they aren't). Please still go to the parks and enjoy the experience with your daughter. And may you be treated with compassion and respect and helped all along the way.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

1713300417147.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm going to state this and I don't mean to cause any argument. I think a lot of this is being able to recognize what your own limitations are and also realize that Disney is a luxury for those who visit. I broke my foot two months before a trip a few years ago, and I ended up being well enough to use a boot to walk around with frequent enough breaks to sit down, but the boot took the pressure off my foot, I was able to wait in line, and lots of people told me to try and get a pass when in reality even then the suggestion would have been to get a mobility device and get in line with that (and I don't trust myself to navigate a scooter through those crowds, and won't pretend I'm strong enough to wheel a wheelchair on my own, a lot of credit to those who do). That, and I know other people need it more than I do even in that scenario. I almost canceled the trip but I wanted to go, was cleared by the doctor as long as I took it easy, and I knew I would have to wait in line even with that impairment but still chose to go knowing the rules. That's my personal experience. I have other opinions too, but I think people need to be able to identify if Disney is the right destination for you as much as you may love it. And if you can't do rides then you can find enjoyment in other places...like for people who might have grown up loving roller coasters but can no longer ride them due to medical issues--a DAS pass wouldn't help there obviously but visitors find enjoyment in other areas of a destination that they love. I don't know. I"m not here to judge, although I do work in the field of special education and have heard a lot of these perspectives from families I work with, but that's my two cents.

And to add prior to seeing any additional comments on this thread: I think everyone deserves the opportunity to go to Disney World. That's not the point I'm trying to make. I just mean understanding that for everyone, experiences can be relative with or without DAS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The problems and fraud with DAS occurred because around the turn of the 21st century, being "handicapped" was no longer something people could see with their own eyes.

The ADA was a wonderful triumph of legislation by the Bush I administration 35 years ago, but it mainly dealt with physical accesibility for those in wheelchairs and with canes/walkers and such. And dealt with designs for stairs, ramps, etc.

But now, any boring housewife from OC can present herself at Disneyland's Guest Relations desk and announce that her child is autistic and can't wait in line or be inconvenienced by anything. And legally and socio-culturally, we aren't supposed to challenge her on that. She gets a front of the line pass for her very, very special child and for everyone in her family.

It only takes a few months for that type of offering to become rife with liars and frauds and ne'er do wells. Every kid in Orange County is now autistic, or very, very special, or unable to wait in line at Disneyland. There are even grown adults who have no children who use DAS because they are too impatient to wait in line or are very, very special.

I don't envy TDA trying to deal with these fraudsters and very, very special people. It's a nightmare.

Someone posted this on WDW magic and Was just so accurate and on point.

I think we kind of fell off talking about how awful the DIS is. We would rather talk about the disability system then their boring asses

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think we kind of fell off talking about how awful the DIS is. We would rather talk about the disability system then their boring asses
Did they even have a show today? I can't even be arsed to look.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have no idea what the DisUnlimited is doing, I’m still on this thread to see if Pete ever pops out from hiding and what becomes of DUT and the AMEX case. IMHO Pete’s ego will bring him back to social media at some point and I wouldn’t be surprised if John sells DUT and rides off with Kevin onto continuous ABD trips

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have no idea what the DisUnlimited is doing, I’m still on this thread to see if Pete ever pops out from hiding and what becomes of DUT and the AMEX case. IMHO Pete’s ego will bring him back to social media at some point and I wouldn’t be surprised if John sells DUT and rides off with Kevin onto continuous ABD trips
Speaking of Pete. I was shocked to read that he has way more Amex debt than this train wreck of a housewife.

Speaking of Pete. I was shocked to read that he has way more Amex debt than this train wreck of a housewife.
Can you imagine the two of them together, in the Bahamas, chainsmoking and pounding away at the $100 slots?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You have to wonder what shopaholic but broke Pete now buys instead of Versace tees at Neiman Marcus - Dollar Tree nail polish? I'd love to know what he's up to.

• Haha
You have to wonder what shopaholic but broke Pete now buys instead of Versace tees at Neiman Marcus - Dollar Tree nail polish? I'd love to know what he's up to.
I would love to know what he's been up to, or see a recent photo. What does he fill his time with? He isn't running a company or making content anymore. Certainly, he isn't still going on all those cruises. Does he have any friends outside his mom who still speak to him now that his employees are not required to? So many questions.

I would love to know what he's been up to, or see a recent photo. What does he fill his time with? He isn't running a company or making content anymore. Certainly, he isn't still going on all those cruises. Does he have any friends outside his mom who still speak to him now that his employees are not required to? So many questions.
I'm sure he still talks to Josh D'Amaro on a daily basis. The bad news, however, is that the woman from Publix is NOT returning his calls.

• Haha
Reactions: 22