The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sure John Magi with his incredible business acumen decreed that all talk of the real studio move were off limits. Which is today's business climate is insane since all the information is available on line and a simple Google search away.

But, remember, John operates the company like it is still 1998 and he assumes most of his clients are no more savy than that.
There was no message stating that we support all our agents and staff members, committing to a full and transparent investigation. We sincerely thank you for standing with us during these challenging times. Your trust, engagement, and support mean everything to us.

Let's move forward with respect and integrity, not just sweeping things under the rug. How can anyone overlook that? How can anyone continue to support them after they've tried to bury this issue?

Reactions: 14
The Dis Unlimited has that feeling of a once popular show that has been allowed to linger on for far too long and should have been put down some time ago. All the creatives & creativity have left the building & we are left with Craig and Ryno jibber jabbering ad nauseum until they reach retirement age.
They're kind of like the Country Bear Jamboree of YouTube channels.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There was no message stating that we support all our agents and staff members, committing to a full and transparent investigation. We sincerely thank you for standing with us during these challenging times. Your trust, engagement, and support mean everything to us.

Let's move forward with respect and integrity, not just sweeping things under the rug. How can anyone overlook that? How can anyone continue to support them after they've tried to bury this issue?
You mean they should have done the thing that a good small business owner would do to try to protect their company by distancing themselves from Predator Pete? Instead of lying about the reason for the new studio and trying to silence anyone who asked about the allegations? I can't remember who said it here, but that reeks of someone who is more than just terrible at running their business; it sounds like someone who has something to hide and is afraid to speak up for fear that Pete would retaliate by exposing the skeletons in their closets.

Reactions: 14
They're kind of like the Country Bear Jamboree of YouTube channels.
Ha! Now that is really funny @PoorKid 😜 But even the Country Bear Jamboree is getting a makeover and a remastered musical revue! So, Dis Unlimited is truly in a class of its own! A DISaster class on how to not make content or run a business! 😜 🐻 🎸

Reactions: 4
I can't remember who said it here, but that reeks of someone who is more than just terrible at running their business; it sounds like someone who has something to hide and is afraid to speak up for fear that Pete would retaliate by exposing the skeletons in their closets.
That was me. Pete was too quiet too quick, and John was too quiet for too long. Reeks of something not above board. I think John has motive for a backdoor deal with Pete to keep him quiet...like continuing to pay him an agreed amount for a period of time. I suspect that motive can be tied to John committing tax fraud and Pete being able to expose it if he wanted to.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
That was me. Pete was too quiet too quick, and John was too quiet for too long. Reeks of something not above board. I think John has motive for a backdoor deal with Pete to keep him quiet...like continuing to pay him an agreed amount for a period of time. I suspect that motive can be tied to John committing tax fraud and Pete being able to expose it if he wanted to.
Of course it was you, Jenilynn! Someone who worked closely with the team long enough to know that something wasn't clean in the buttermilk, and got out of there as fast as you could.

Can you look at the most recent show and give your honest opinion? It’s absolutely terrible.

Reactions: 1

Nah, John and Kevin are way too busy with their version of let them eat cake.

Reactions: 2
I honestly get the feeling that John and Kevin think that Pete didn't really do anything wrong. I think they both have their own skeletons and they haven't spoken out about Pete because they don't care. They really don't think he did anything bad.

Reactions: 11
Interestingly, Pete still hasn't unloaded any of his Aulani points. I think he's unloaded all of his WDW contracts, but not Aulani.

Can you look at the most recent show and give your honest opinion? It’s absolutely terrible.
I won’t be able to for a few weeks. I’m balancing five projects right now and waiting for another two I created budgets for to be green-lit. In short, I’m already stressed and anxious at the moment. It’s probably not a good time for me to test “triggering” myself. Lol.

Your opinion is probably on target, though, just based on knowing the two main people. Their hearts aren’t in it anymore. I don’t think they want to be there. I think they are still there for two reasons: 1) It is likely very difficult to find other jobs at this point in their timelines. 2) They are also likely feeling guilty about leaving the others behind if they did jump. It’s the reality of the trauma on this team. It’s not rational, but it is real.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I won’t be able to for a few weeks. I’m balancing five projects right now and waiting for another two I created budgets for to be green-lit. In short, I’m already stressed and anxious at the moment. It’s probably not a good time for me to test “triggering” myself. Lol.

Your opinion is probably on target, though, just based on knowing the two main people. Their hearts aren’t in it anymore. I don’t think they want to be there. I think they are still there for two reasons: 1) It is likely very difficult to find other jobs at this point in their timelines. 2) They are also likely feeling guilty about leaving the others behind if they did jump. It’s the reality of the trauma on this team. It’s not rational, but it is real.
I don't understand why they don't get new jobs at Universal or Disney, they're still young. There must be hundreds of opportunities, it's not like they live in a small town with only one employer. What's so good about working at Dreams Unlimited Travel (sorry, 'DIS Unlimited') anyway? It's obviously been a very toxic environment for years. I can't imagine they are in thrall to Kevin & John or feel any loyalty to them. Why stay? Craig's got a new MA, there must be openings for his skills at Disney, even Ryno could find some new creative work there. I guess it's the inertia that develops when you've worked for the same company for years and you end up phoning it in. Very sad.

Reactions: 5
I don't understand why they don't get new jobs at Universal or Disney, they're still young. There must be hundreds of opportunities, it's not like they live in a small town with only one employer. What's so good about working at Dreams Unlimited Travel (sorry, 'DIS Unlimited') anyway? It's obviously been a very toxic environment for years. I can't imagine they are in thrall to Kevin & John or feel any loyalty to them. Why stay? Craig's got a new MA, there must be openings for his skills at Disney, even Ryno could find some new creative work there. I guess it's the inertia that develops when you've worked for the same company for years and you end up phoning it in. Very sad.
Trauma bonding is a factor for sure, but maybe they're also willing to tolerate the toxic environment because they can mostly WFH and only have to put in a few hours a week for a decent salary? I think Craig missed the sweet spot for maximizing his employment opportunities. If he'd left right after he got his master's degree, he could have justified staying as long as he did, but still escaped before the embarrassment of the "revamped" show and new studio. It's going to be hard to sell yourself as a creative genius with the steady decline in the quality of the show, as evidenced by the dwindling views and subscribers.

Speaking of which, it's the first of the month. How many subscribers did they lose this month?