The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why they don't get new jobs at Universal or Disney, they're still young. There must be hundreds of opportunities, it's not like they live in a small town with only one employer. What's so good about working at Dreams Unlimited Travel (sorry, 'DIS Unlimited') anyway? It's obviously been a very toxic environment for years. I can't imagine they are in thrall to Kevin & John or feel any loyalty to them. Why stay? Craig's got a new MA, there must be openings for his skills at Disney, even Ryno could find some new creative work there. I guess it's the inertia that develops when you've worked for the same company for years and you end up phoning it in. Very sad.
The job market is very competitive at the moment. In my department, we recently posted a Creative Producer role. We had over 500 applicants fighting for one spot. And some of the people that did *not* make the cut had produced multiple shows for national TV.

We landed on someone who came from California, so we weren’t pulling applications from a local pool. Plus, the hardest part with Disney and Universal is always getting your foot in the door. I am guessing it is harder now than it used to be. I really got incredibly lucky to get my job. I mean, I worked hard. Really hard. But even still, my story is not a normal one.
---
Trauma bonding is a factor for sure, but maybe they're also willing to tolerate the toxic environment because they can mostly WFH and only have to put in a few hours a week for a decent salary?
I can confirm this is definitely a factor with at least one or two of them, and I find it VERY frustrating.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
But even still, my story is not a normal one.
THAT'S the understatement of the year! For you and anyone who made it through working for the DIS.

And luck is factor in almost everyone's success story, so don't sell your hard work and talent short. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The Patreon keeps updating in my Apple Podcasts despite having not been a member since long before the revelations and I hadn’t listened to the podcast in a long long time. Gave Craig and Ryno a shot and listening to Craig act like a cocktail connoisseur and badmouth the Death & Company cocktail book in the same breath was brutal. Keep to reviewing cupcakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The job market is very competitive at the moment. In my department, we recently posted a Creative Producer role. We had over 500 applicants fighting for one spot. And some of the people that did *not* make the cut had produced multiple shows for national TV.

We landed on someone who came from California, so we weren’t pulling applications from a local pool. Plus, the hardest part with Disney and Universal is always getting your foot in the door. I am guessing it is harder now than it used to be. I really got incredibly lucky to get my job. I mean, I worked hard. Really hard. But even still, my story is not a normal one.
That's incredible, I had no idea the job market was so competitive there. Maybe Craig is making the right move by staying put. As you don't get an MA just for the fun of it he's probably quietly making applications & will suddenly make an announcement on the show that he's leaving. Then I assume it's over for the DIS Unlimited. I don't think Ryno's heart is in taking over and who else is there?

• Heart
Looks like they’re down another 30 patrons. Since you took over Craig, there hasn’t been a month with there’s been an increase. What are you not understanding that you’re creating and producing content that nobody watches anymore you use the same style formula and you haven’t you realize you’re a failure?

You could tell from the minimal input that is put in that they are a waste of John’s money. What metric are they using to determine if their success their YouTube numbers have not increased their Patreon numbers keep going down and their views are abysmal at what point do you say this isn’t working?

Reactions: 3
Has anyone heard from Corey lately? Wasn’t he supposed to take over the Dis part of things?

Looks like they’re down another 30 patrons. Since you took over Craig, there hasn’t been a month with there’s been an increase. What are you not understanding that you’re creating and producing content that nobody watches anymore you use the same style formula and you haven’t you realize you’re a failure?

You could tell from the minimal input that is put in that they are a waste of John’s money. What metric are they using to determine if their success their YouTube numbers have not increased their Patreon numbers keep going down and their views are abysmal at what point do you say this isn’t working?
According to Social Blade their weekly video views were about the 100,000 mark in 2021. Although there was a gradual decline to about 80,000 by the middle of 2023 this has really dropped off in the last year to about 50,000 weekly video views. The trend is downwards unfortunately.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I honestly get the feeling that John and Kevin think that Pete didn't really do anything wrong. I think they both have their own skeletons and they haven't spoken out about Pete because they don't care. They really don't think he did anything bad.
I think they are more so mad that he got caught and it all came out. I really don't think they give a rat's ass about the victims.

Reactions: 14
Like Pete's victims, the mods silence anyone they don't like.
Any post mentioning the 'situation' is removed and anyone asking any difficult questions will be penalized. You might not be banned but the mods seem to have more subtle tools at their disposal like severely limiting your ability to post, as an example they may suddenly force you to enable two-step verification to log in but then the verification process constantly fails & you are essentially locked out of posting.

The activity on the DIS boards is way down, I think it's a combination of lack of interest in their product after last year's scandal and heavy censorship. In the last month there have only been about a dozen posts in the 'DIS Unlimited Podcast / Youtube' sub-forum, half of which seem to be about how to reduce the black smoke coming off Magic Candle Company candles. Are they even a sponsor still?

Reactions: 2
In the last month there have only been about a dozen posts in the 'DIS Unlimited Podcast / Youtube' sub-forum, half of which seem to be about how to reduce the black smoke coming off Magic Candle Company candles. Are they even a sponsor still?
The black smoke is announcing Pete has (figuratively) died. When he's replaced with a decent host, Magic Candle launches its white smoke line.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Craig is wearing the ugliest shirt ever created. It looks like a plain blue shirt with a white shawl.
1715103151807.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is that the "new" studio? Poor Kermit regulated to doing pole dances it appears...

• Haha
Reactions: 5