The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
And... it's gone. Deleted from DIS boards.
Disgraceful. Shameful.

Seriously, by not allowing free speech on a monetized platform, especially when it is factual, is censorship at its worst.

@imjenilynn Thanks for saving the screenshots! All of this needs to be added to our wiki.

And "Bad Pink Tink 2.0" please, please, please join us here. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Actually, StarFrenzy, I do think the posters on the podcast board are all Pollyanna's and can't or don't want to hear the truth. I think posts and threads being constantly deleted tells you exactly what is going on there.

They want to control the narrative, they hate they can't control it here. I am sure John keeps asking his lawyer to find a way to shut this down since it makes DREAMS UNLIMITED TRAVEL out or ORLANDO FLORIDA come out in a bad light. And JOHN MAGI and KEVIN KLOSE know that investors don't like controversy when it comes to a commodity business like a travel agency. And with their spokesman gone, they are now only a commoditiy business with a very minute social media following that is shrinking by the week. It sounds like Sean said there was a framework deal in place but John and Pete didn't like the final numbers. My guess is he will regret the day when you overplayed your hand and held out for more.

Sorry, John, you had your chance to put an end to this insanity over a decade ago. You chose not to act and to remain financially tied to a second generation sexual predator. There is zero chance Pete told @imjenilynn about his dad's past and didn't clue you in on it. You knew his past, you saw what he was doing to "your company". You chose to post pretzel pictures and ignore the issue. There are way too many lives that Pete has ruined and I suspect many more stories that could be told about your continual lack or action. Too many empty apologies about your hands being tied and had to let Pete have his way.

From a simple Google Search it looks like the Reddit thread exposing some of this is on a Google Search first page, so that is something. With a little digging hopefully a possible investor might find this goldmine of information about all that is wrong there. The more talk on here, the higher and more likely those Google Searches will come up with this site because today a google search of dreams unlimited travel john magi tattle and all of this comes up in the first result.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Are there even any 'investors'? Genuinely curious. Do you mean potential buyers? It's a travel agency that feels like it should be on its last leg. If anything I assume Craig & Corey would continue to try and purchase the company/agency.

Reactions: 3
Sean has said that Pete and John were starting to look for an exit strategy and a larger travel agency was looking to absorb them in a buyout. Any buyout will have a due dilligence process where the investors poke around and make sure it is a safe investment.

Having moutains of horrid Google Search results would most likely make most potential buyers walk away.

John wants to vacation for the rest of his life, while the annual income from DREAMS UNLIMITED TRAVEL is nice, it is nowhere near the potential payday that would come from a buyout.

This jepordizes all that, or at the least makes him take a heavily discounted price.

Reactions: 12
Disgraceful. Shameful.

Seriously, by not allowing free speech on a monetized platform, especially when it is factual, is censorship at its worst.

@imjenilynn Thanks for saving the screenshots! All of this needs to be added to our wiki.

And "Bad Pink Tink 2.0" please, please, please join us here. :)
No problem. I can be found guilty of theft now because I 💯 am stealing “yikes on bikes” from the one poster and adding it to my vernacular.

Suggestion for the Wiki: It would take some work, but I think it would be helpful to add the thread and maybe the post range as a reference when things are put in the wiki. That way people reading know where they can find the posts pertaining to that part of information.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I doubt the travel agency portion of the business would be sold until the $900,000 Amex debt is resolved. I'd have to go back and look at the timeline but back when Pete was saying they turned the offer down because the number wasn't what they thought it should be, had he already started running up the bill? That would surely come up in any due diligence process. It's been eight months since the lawsuit was filed and seems like the only recent activity has been motions on behalf of Dreams and Amex's response. I haven't seen any filings from Pete's attorney since June and that was in the smaller personal suit against him.

Reactions: 3
No problem. I can be found guilty of theft now because I 💯 am stealing “yikes on bikes” from the one poster and adding it to my vernacular
See, we knew we couldn't trust you. The "real" person always emerges from the cloud of lies... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Nice to know that the mods sleep in there.
Unless something has changes the only ones now that moderate that particular board are webmasters. So Corey and the likes. Each board has specific moderators. You’re not allowed to do things on a board that’s not designated yours. If you do you get the wrath of Kathy and Doc. Or at least you did.

Reactions: 4
And... it's gone. Deleted from DIS boards.
Of course it is. There's a saying in therapy and recovery - we're only as sick as our secrets. They can say that this is the toxic site all they want, but we're not the ones burying our heads in the sand and trying to pretend the bad things didn't happen. Have another pretzel, John. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Late to the party, but can def confirm Pete told me about his father and the things he did to the adopted/foster kids. I’ve had a history of people in my family do that stuff too and we talked about it but ultimately, I don’t have communication with those people because I of the crime. Pete felt his dad was wrong but ultimately the victim.

I’ll say this as 100% opinion. Pete doesn’t like the adopted siblings because I think he blames them for the dad going to prison. I think he knows he’s wrong to hate them for it and he goes out of his way to give them the most money and opportunities because he despises the victims and hates himself for despising them. Pete’s a complex character to say the least.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Late to the party, but can def confirm Pete told me about his father and the things he did to the adopted/foster kids. I’ve had a history of people in my family do that stuff too and we talked about it but ultimately, I don’t have communication with those people because I of the crime. Pete felt his dad was wrong but ultimately the victim.

I’ll say this as 100% opinion. Pete doesn’t like the adopted siblings because I think he blames them for the dad going to prison. I think he knows he’s wrong to hate them for it and he goes out of his way to give them the most money and opportunities because he despises the victims and hates himself for despising them. Pete’s a complex character to say the least.
This latest information has been "alot", thats for sure.

Pete and his mother aren't guilty for what his father allegedly did. As outsiders the natural reaction to what his father did, is disgust. However, when a parent is an abuser, its not unusual for a child or spouse to have a complicated relationship with the parent. You'll even find that sometimes if a child was abused by a parent, they will still try to have a connection and relationship with that parent. This type of abuse really damages people in a variety ways and often times in ways that do not seem to make any sense.

Pete is wrong for anything he allegedly did, but this latest piece of the puzzle actually makes alot of sense.

Reactions: 15
Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
While I realize new “tea” is chum in the water for this site, some of these posts are making me very uncomfortable for a different reason. I want to voice a request for caution in naming or describing in a way to “dox” potential or actual victims of crimes. They above all else deserve privacy. For example, just because a potential victim is deceased, I think it’s still pretty low to introduce his name into this conversation. His loved ones are still alive and unless they give consent, this whole thing feels icky. I say this with first hand experience of having loved ones (including ones now deceased) be victims of sexual assault and I’d reign down fire on anyone that would use them as fodder for internet gossip. JL is clearly okay with revealing her kids’ info online (I sincerely hope your daughter gave permission for you to share the details of her past mental health situation on this website) but it’s really another matter to reveal other people’s info.

This latest information has been "alot", thats for sure.

Pete and his mother aren't guilty for what his father allegedly did. As outsiders the natural reaction to what his father did, is disgust. However, when a parent is an abuser, its not unusual for a child or spouse to have a complicated relationship with the parent. You'll even find that sometimes if a child was abused by a parent, they will still try to have a connection and relationship with that parent. This type of abuse really damages people in a variety ways and often times in ways that do not seem to make any sense.

Pete is wrong for anything he allegedly did, but this latest piece of the puzzle actually makes alot of sense.
100% this. It's rarely as simple as going no contact with a parent. Adult children of abusers often continue to have relationships with their abusive parents even when they themselves were victimized by them. Obviously, I don't have any way of knowing whether that happened here. But it would be unusual for a person (Pete's father) to commit their first crime against a child at almost 60 years old. And for him to get caught the first time.

While I'm absolutely not saying it in any way excuses Pete's behavior, it certainly would give a lot of his history and behaviors more context. Like the fact that he was (as he often described himself) a homeless drug addict at 16 years old, which would have been right around 1980.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.