The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one thing I've learnt about Tattle is however open and honest you are, somebody will always pop up with something to say. Even sometimes about the most innocuous of things.

(Not saying we shouldn't discuss doxxing generally, it's an important convo to have)

Don't take too much of that on JL, this place has always been a bit like that. Aside from the one or two threads that are like little havens 😊

Reactions: 16
^ Agreed.
I don't think we need to police the response of one of Pete's victims. She never mentioned anyone's name. It was enough for us to deduce ourselves. She has done everything gracefully.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The one thing I've learnt about Tattle is however open and honest you are, somebody will always pop up with something to say. Even sometimes about the most innocuous of things.

(Not saying we shouldn't discuss doxxing generally, it's an important convo to have)

Don't take too much of that on JL, this place has always been a bit like that. Aside from the one or two threads that are like little havens 😊
I was going to agree with you but then I realized you are one of those people who spell doxing with 2 x and honestly I can't take you seriously after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Who are you referring to? I’ll clarify if I have been misunderstood.
You haven't said anything inappropriate, in fact you've been extremely cautious in revealing information. The only people you have referred to are the perpetrators and the unnamed victims. We seem to have some new posters here, twisting what you've carefully said. Friends of the DIS?

Reactions: 17
Yes. Hence, my post.
Just a reminder that it isn't DOXing if all you are doing is using publicly available information. That includes all public records that are obtainable, even if there is a fee required, and all news or journal postings even if they require registration or are behind a paywall.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Long time reader, first time poster.

Thanks so much to JL, Shaun and Dustin for posting your stories.

JL, your recent posts have provided an insight in to the personality of Pete Exotic. I don’t think I could possibly appreciate how difficult it must be.

I’ve noticed the lawsuits seem to be just dormant lately, does anybody know if this usual for such cases? On the smaller of the cases I also noticed that there is no attorneys name next to PW’s, I’m certain there use to be one? Could be wrong!

Reactions: 10
You haven't said anything inappropriate, in fact you've been extremely cautious in revealing information. The only people you have referred to are the perpetrators and the unnamed victims. We seem to have some new posters here, twisting what you've carefully said. Friends of the DIS?
Yep, thanks for saying what I was thinking also!

JL used the magic word in one of her posts: CONTEXT

Her opinions and perceptions are influenced by the context of the individual situations in which she was placed, as well as her relationships with the other players around her.

She was the one in the room. Not me and not you. It's her story to tell and I for one appreciate her honesty however painful, icky and difficult it is.

Reactions: 18
Yep, thanks for saying what I was thinking also!

JL used the magic word in one of her posts: CONTEXT

Her opinions and perceptions are influenced by the context of the individual situations in which she was placed, as well as her relationships with the other players around her.

She was the one in the room. Not me and not you. It's her story to tell and I for one appreciate her honesty however painful, icky and difficult it is.
I can’t imagine the ick the folks working in that studio must have had to put up with, even before the whole predatory side of things came out I always felt like that house probably smelt like stale Marlboro lights and BO.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I can’t imagine the ick the folks working in that studio must have had to put up with, even before the whole predatory side of things came out I always felt like that house probably smelt like stale Marlboro lights and BO.
Don't forget the Magic Candle Company's scents trying to cover it all up. YUM. :LOL::ROFLMAO::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just a reminder that it isn't DOXing if all you are doing is using publicly available information. That includes all public records that are obtainable, even if there is a fee required, and all news or journal postings even if they require registration or are behind a paywall.
I’m not talking about publicly available info (and even publically available info doesn’t include names of victims of crimes like these.) I am NOT talking about Pete’s father.

JL gave a name and described a “dark and twisted betrayal“ that she said was non verifiable. Any longtime listener knows the name of the person’s offspring she described. She’s not giving details but referring to some story horrific enough that just hearing it now becomes part of her story. Yes, fine, it’s all allowed per the rules of this forum. But I’m putting myself in the shoes of that potential victim’s mother and thinking of how she would feel that this name has been introduced into the conversation. That isn’t heroic on any level.

Reactions: 2
Don't forget the Magic Candle Company's scents trying to cover it all up. YUM. :LOL::ROFLMAO::sick:
Given what we’ve learnt, I gotta believe he’d be a wax melt man. That way he could point his cameras through the middle of them.

I’m not talking about publicly available info (and even publically available info doesn’t include names of victims of crimes like these.) I am NOT talking about Pete’s father.

JL gave a name and described a “dark and twisted betrayal“ that she said was non verifiable. Any longtime listener knows the name of the person’s offspring she described. She’s not giving details but referring to some story horrific enough that just hearing it now becomes part of her story. Yes, fine, it’s all allowed per the rules of this forum. But I’m putting myself in the shoes of that potential victim’s mother and thinking of how she would feel that this name has been introduced into the conversation. That isn’t heroic on any level.
I hear what you’re saying but I feel like if I worked there, had a young son, and I heard that… that would influence my decision to start making escape plans. I believe that was mentioned after being asked what was the final straw in making JL seek other opportunities.

Reactions: 6

Ok great you said what you had to say, no one cares what you think, let’s move on.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ok great you said what you had to say, no one cares what you think, let’s move on.
1701379214089.png
(y)You're winning the Internet today - or at least this thread. (y)#yikesonbikes
---

Interesting that your user name is GossipGirlxx. Just saying. :cool: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
You seem to be implying victims outside of the Werner family but connected to Pete. If that is the case, again, why?
It’s a fair question. I feel like I have already answered it, though, as well as acknowledged that my best attempt to do what I feel is right in this difficult situation has fallen short according to some. If you are now one of those people and my desire to do better moving forward is not enough, I’m just going to leave you with an apology and an assertion that there was no mal intent. There isn’t much more I can do beyond that at this point. Wish there was.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I bought several of their scents, they were all disappointing. I think we've probably covered this before? They must have been paying big time for people to promote them.

Reactions: 5
I have been asked in other posts if I truly thought the stories I heard could be true. I attempted to be proactive and explain why I did think what I heard (but did not reveal) could be true and pointed to something else that was twisted and could be verified by public document
Well I thank you JL for the thoughtful reply. And I do want to be gentle in light of the impact to you as well. I think I see where you and I may be disagreeing on the connection of the two events. I don’t see a connection between proving a story you heard while employed is any more or less likely to be true by proving a story about Pete’s father with public documents. The latter has lead us to revealing details about past alleged victims from long ago.

I don’t think Pete honoring his parents, (even if they were terrible humans as it appears), necessarily proves anything one way or the other about Pete or his personality. Parent relationships are deeply complicated.

To step away from real lives to a made up example, let’s say Jane provides end of life care for her parents, perhaps an alcoholic and abusive father. She may arrange for military honors at his funeral. She may publicly give a eulogy. It’s not wrong or right, it’s just what Jane has decided to do. It doesn’t mean Jane will ever be her parents or that she is narcissistic for honoring them.

I know a woman whose abusive father disappeared when she was a very small child. She had no contact for 30 plus years. He reached out as his health was failing a few years ago to make amends before his death. It would have been valid for her to either reject or accept his offer. She accepted, while her sibling ultimately decided to reject it and continued to have no contact. They were both valid in their decision. She mourned him after his death with tributes but I don’t fault her, I recognize her feelings about it are complicated.

All this to say, I don’t fault Pete for caring for his elderly mother regardless of whatever person she was. While a lot has been revealed about Pete that is disturbing, caring and honoring an elderly parent to me is something we see in many situations. I agree a site dedication to his father is gross. But I am not sure how much it moves the needle for me on what I already thought about Pete. His father is not an excuse or explanation to me. I do not have sympathy for Pete but I don’t think less of Pete either. It’s more horribleness but reflects the actions of a different person.

The parents you get are the biggest crap shoot of this life. It’s not fair, it just is what it is.

If the point is to share or illuminate Pete’s own personality issues, ego or behavior or treatment of others, there has to be a more direct route than a story about his parents’ actions.

This route exposes the trauma of others from very long ago who have chosen not to participate here. While there is public records, the alleged abuser has been dead for a VERY long time and they went through the court process and jail time long before that. It would seem they should be able to assume their story is long buried unless they chose to bring it up. It’s wild some see it as a free for all forever and forever because it was printed in a newspaper decades ago. So forever and forever people on a platform not yet even conceived, could bring up Dustin was a victim? I mean I guess yes that is true. But man, how crappy for victims when you have longed moved on.

The direct experiences about Pete and his actions from current and former staff hold FAR more weight to me than if his parents were terrible humans.

Thank you for your candidness and showing ip here. I do appreciate you being here while some take the luxury of continuing to be silent.

This conversation is very complicated and I do recognize it’s difficult when the stories are all over meshed together.

Reactions: 2
It’s a fair question. I feel like I have already answered it, though, as well as acknowledged that my best attempt to do what I feel is right in this difficult situation has fallen short according to some. If you are now one of those people and my desire to do better moving forward is not enough, I’m just going to leave you with an apology and an assertion that there was no mal intent. There isn’t much more I can do beyond that at this point. Wish there was.
Have you answered it or are you taking advantage of the fact that your cheerleaders either haven’t figured it out yet or want to back anything you say to be anti-Pete.

hugely unpopular opinion here I know but I am having a really hard time placing you in the “victim” category along with Dustin and Sean based simply on working in a toxic environment.

how your “work trauma” has risen to such a high level when in reality you accepted a payment, which you knew was incorrect, kept that payment rather than checking the validity of the overpayment, got found out, got fired, and jumped on the victim bandwagon.

in what work world does somebody NOT get fired for that? Then acting like you got fired so Pete could hire a love interest, like he wouldn’t just hire whoever he wanted to hire regardless of who was in what position.

Now throwing all kinds of other SA stories real or otherwise, for what? How many extensions are you going to take on your 15 minutes of fame?

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.