The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I researched the newspapers.com website to see if what I could find, but didn't see anything in the first several pages of the thousands of unrelated results that came back on just his name in NJ. If anyone knows more about it - where in NJ/NY the crimes happened, around what year, etc. - I could try a more specific search.

Reactions: 3
Did I miss the details exactly what the father did? I legitimately can’t look at the old episodes of the DIS without being disgusted.
Yea I think whatever it was went right over my head, if someone wanted to ELI5

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Did I miss the details exactly what the father did? I legitimately can’t look at the old episodes of the DIS without being disgusted.
I really appreciate JL opening up, but I'm left a bit confused about the new revelations. If Pete told JL what his Dad did, can JL tell us what that was? This is Tattle after all and if it isn't true then that's on Pete. Thank you. 😊

Last edited:
Yea I think whatever it was went right over my head, if someone wanted to ELI5
I may be reading into this completely incorrectly but what I got out of the messaging was basically like father like son but perhaps dad targeted a younger demographic? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It seems like whatever happened was extremely serious in nature, but unable to be verified. People probably don’t want any legal push back! I’m sure if anyone is able to verify info, they will share it. Makes sense to play it safe.

I researched the newspapers.com website to see if what I could find, but didn't see anything in the first several pages of the thousands of unrelated results that came back on just his name in NJ. If anyone knows more about it - where in NJ/NY the crimes happened, around what year, etc. - I could try a more specific search.
Pete said they lived in Ocean Grove NJ, which is part of Neptune Township, Monmouth County.

It seems like whatever happened was extremely serious in nature, but unable to be verified. People probably don’t want any legal push back! I’m sure if anyone is able to verify info, they will share it. Makes sense to play it safe.
You can't defame a dead person under common law.

Reactions: 2
To narrow any searches, start with Ocean Grove in Monmouth County.
---
You can't defame a dead person under common law.
And Pete has enough on his own plate right now. I'm pretty sure no one is going to be pushing back on anything (except maybe John if he starts to sense the golden goose is about to get its neck wrung).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There's an article from March 1980 that mentions a Charles and Madeline Werner being current foster parents. It doesn't use the real names of the two kids mentioned, so I feel okay posting a link to it. Let me know if you have an issue accessing it.

Oh, hello: https://www.newspapers.com/article/asbury-park-press/135940603/ - from October 1985.

And I'm not saying this is definitely his dad, obviously, because I don't know that for sure. It could totally just be some guy who happens to live in the same area with the same name but isn't at all related.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

"The Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center (ADTC) is a secure correctional facility operated by the New Jersey Department of Corrections. Its purpose is to provide treatment and incarceration for certain criteria meeting repetitive and compulsive male sex offenders who have been sentenced under the New Jersey Sex Offender Act.[1]

"From its opening in 1976 through at least 1994, ADTC is a unique facility, the "only complex of its kind in the nation devoted exclusively to the treatment of adult sexual offenders"

• Wow
Reactions: 9
There's an article from March 1980 that mentions a Charles and Madeline Werner being current foster parents. It doesn't use the real names of the two kids mentioned, so I feel okay posting a link to it. Let me know if you have an issue accessing it.

Oh, hello: https://www.newspapers.com/article/asbury-park-press/135940603/ - from October 1985.

And I'm not saying this is definitely his dad, obviously, because I don't know that for sure. It could totally just be some guy who happens to live in the same area with the same name but isn't at all related.
The resemblance to both of Pete's parents in that photo is remarkable (if it isn't them).

Last edited:

Hats off to your research skills!

Reactions: 13
I really appreciate JL opening up, but I'm left a bit confused about the new revelations. If Pete told JL what his Dad did, can JL tell us what that was? This is Tattle after all and if it isn't true then that's on Pete. Thank you. 😊
I may be reading into this completely incorrectly but what I got out of the messaging was basically like father like son but perhaps dad targeted a younger demographic? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Pete said they lived in Ocean Grove NJ, which is part of Neptune Township, Monmouth County.

/[/URL]

"The Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center (ADTC) is a secure correctional facility operated by the New Jersey Department of Corrections. Its purpose is to provide treatment and incarceration for certain criteria meeting repetitive and compulsive male sex offenders who have been sentenced under the New Jersey Sex Offender Act.[1]

"From its opening in 1976 through at least 1994, ADTC is a unique facility, the "only complex of its kind in the nation devoted exclusively to the treatment of adult sexual offenders"
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been hyper-focused at work since I have to catch up from being sick and then taking off for the holidays. I’m reading all this now and replying from my phone at the doctor’s office. Apologies in advance for typos. This is more tricky on a small screen.

Yes, so I was thinking we’d be able to verify this because, unlike Pete, I don’t go around spreading lies. It does look like you guys have found the beginnings of what I am talking about. If anyone else has time to request court documents, please feel free to do that. I like “receipts” like everyone else. I would appreciate any help because I would like this part of what I am sharing to be backed by evidence. I’m not in the habit of starting rumors, and I want that to be clear that I am not doing that now.

Below is the exactly what Pete told me directly. If there are any inaccuracies, they will have come from him:

Pete’s foster brother was at his house once. His brother is sweet and gentle, but he is also mentally handicapped and would annoy Pete for that reason. His presence there that day triggered my conversation with Pete.

Pete shared that his dad had been in jail for many years because he sexually abused his foster siblings. I was horrified, especially because his brother is special needs. It made me ill.

It looks like you have found a clipping that talks about his dad being a sex offender. This is what it refers to. He assaulted his foster kids, according to what Pete shared with me that day.

And, yes, now that we know Pete is also a sex offender…the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been hyper-focused at work since I have to catch up from being sick and then taking off for the holidays. I’m reading all this now and replying from my phone at the doctor’s office. Apologies in advance for typos. This is more tricky on a small screen.

Yes, so I was thinking we’d be able to verify this because, unlike Pete, I don’t go around spreading lies. It does look like you guys have found the beginnings of what I am talking about. If anyone else has time to request court documents, please feel free to do that. I like “receipts” like everyone else. I would appreciate any help because I would like this part of what I am sharing to be backed by evidence. I’m not in the habit of starting rumors, and I want that to be clear that I am not doing that now.

Below is the exactly what Pete told me directly. If there are any inaccuracies, they will have come from him:

Pete’s foster brother was at his house once. His brother is sweet and gentle, but he is also mentally handicapped and would annoy Pete for that reason. His presence there that day triggered my conversation with Pete.

Pete shared that his dad had been in jail for many years because he sexually abused his foster siblings. I was horrified, especially because his brother is special needs. It made me ill.

It looks like you have found a clipping that talks about his dad being a sex offender. This is what it refers to. He assaulted his foster kids, according to what Pete shared with me that day.

And, yes, now that we know Pete is also a sex offender…the apple does not fall far from the tree.
So the saint that he painted his mother out to be is gone too….I mean how much more awful can this man and his family be and to be associated which is what is suppose to be the most happiest thing on earth is incredible.

The article celebrating the people fostering children was from March 1980. The blurb about the sentencing was from October 1985 and says the assault happened on January 1, 1980.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the shower scrubbing myself until the new year.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The article celebrating the people fostering children was from March 1980. The blurb about the sentencing was from October 1985 and says the assault happened on January 1, 1980.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the shower scrubbing myself until the new year.
My only guess is that the way newspapers were run 40 years ago is vastly different then how they are run today. I bet the reporter did that piece long before it was published and then there was no fact checking when they actually published it during a slow news period of the year. At least I would hope so...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.