The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been hyper-focused at work since I have to catch up from being sick and then taking off for the holidays. I’m reading all this now and replying from my phone at the doctor’s office. Apologies in advance for typos. This is more tricky on a small screen.

Yes, so I was thinking we’d be able to verify this because, unlike Pete, I don’t go around spreading lies. It does look like you guys have found the beginnings of what I am talking about. If anyone else has time to request court documents, please feel free to do that. I like “receipts” like everyone else. I would appreciate any help because I would like this part of what I am sharing to be backed by evidence. I’m not in the habit of starting rumors, and I want that to be clear that I am not doing that now.

Below is the exactly what Pete told me directly. If there are any inaccuracies, they will have come from him:

Pete’s foster brother was at his house once. His brother is sweet and gentle, but he is also mentally handicapped and would annoy Pete for that reason. His presence there that day triggered my conversation with Pete.

Pete shared that his dad had been in jail for many years because he sexually abused his foster siblings. I was horrified, especially because his brother is special needs. It made me ill.

It looks like you have found a clipping that talks about his dad being a sex offender. This is what it refers to. He assaulted his foster kids, according to what Pete shared with me that day.

And, yes, now that we know Pete is also a sex offender…the apple does not fall far from the tree.
Thank you for revealing that. Years ago I read that Pete relapsed when his dad died and to cope he became alcohol dependent for the next ten years. If I knew my father was a child rapist I probably would have taken to the bottle too but only for the duration of the wake, in celebration.

Reactions: 4
My only guess is that the way newspapers were run 40 years ago is vastly different then how they are run today. I bet the reporter did that piece long before it was published and then there was no fact checking when they actually published it during a slow news period of the year. At least I would hope so...
or the arrest and investigation happened after the incident that he was accused of and the article
came out in the interim

Reactions: 4
HIs dad's newspaper obituary says he "retired" in 1984. He would have been 61 or 62 then. Not an unrealistic year for retiring, but still sort of early (the full retirement age then was 65). Speculation here (and, again, assuming these articles all point to the same person), but I'm going to suggest whatever he did in 1980 wasn't uncovered until much later - he was still an upstanding citizen when the article was published that March, but his 1984 "retirement" was actually his dismissal from his job when the accusation was made, followed by his sentencing in 1985.

Reactions: 8
Wow - thank you so much for coming forward with this, Jenilyn. ❤

The street name and city listed in the clip about the sentencing shows up in a list of previous addresses for Pete, so it's probably the correct Charles G. Werner.

The disclosure of the abuse probably happened several years after the assaults occurred, so there wouldn't have been a pending case or even an investigation for the newspaper to know about at that time. That may also be why the date of the crime is 1/1/80; they probably don't know the exact date because of the delayed disclosure. Still, it is sickening to think his parents were named in that article portraying them as heroes during the time his father was abusing their foster children. The ego didn't fall far from the tree in that family, did it?

Wow - thank you so much for coming forward with this, Jenilyn. ❤

The street name and city listed in the clip about the sentencing shows up in a list of previous addresses for Pete, so it's probably the correct Charles G. Werner.

The disclosure of the abuse probably happened several years after the assaults occurred, so there wouldn't have been a pending case or even an investigation for the newspaper to know about at that time. That may also be why the date of the crime is 1/1/80; they probably don't know the exact date because of the delayed disclosure. Still, it is sickening to think his parents were named in that article portraying them as heroes during the time his father was abusing their foster children. The ego didn't fall far from the tree in that family, did it?
Thank you to everyone for helping me find the information to back what I have said. It’s important to me that people know I am not just throwing out stories that have no basis.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well, JL is getting something changed there at The DIS. The Site Dedication to scumbag Old Man Werner at WDWInfo is now gone, taken down sometime since Monday, per Wayback Machine snapshots.

IMG_0233.jpeg

---
Also this means they are reading JL on the DL! Hi, guys! Break the chains and seize the means of production! John, let them out of their non-compete. REPENT!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Free your employees, John!!! Shut er down!
Let them run a respectable website/YouTube channel. Hang it up already.

Word of the family history has reached the DIS boards. Has its own thread and everything in the DIS Unlimited forum. Currently 6 or 7 replies. Doesn't spell it out ... points people over here. Wonder how long that will last.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Word of the family history has reached the DIS boards. Has its own thread and everything in the DIS Unlimited forum. Currently 6 or 7 replies. Doesn't spell it out ... points people over here. Wonder how long that will last.
When you have posters daring admins to delete the thread and pretend everything’s okay…man.

Reactions: 11
When you have posters daring admins to delete the thread and pretend everything’s okay…man.
I suspect it’s only been up this long because the admins aren’t awake yet. They will be gone within a few hours. Again, I’d love to be wrong, but I am probably not. We should know by noon.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I suspect it’s only been up this long because the admins aren’t awake yet. They will be gone within a few hours. Again, I’d love to be wrong, but I am probably not. We should know by noon.
It was started last night. I was shocked when I saw it was still there this morning.

Reactions: 7
The reality is most of the usual posters on that board don't want to be bothered with the truth or anything that changes their view of Dreams Unlimited Travel. They want to be sheltered by big poppa John from all that "bad" stuff.

In their naive minds John said all that needed to be said and Pete is no longer a pulbic face of the company so it has been taken care of. Nevermind the fact that it is obvious that John's management of the company allowed multiple indiscretions to fester for decades so he could reap the rewards. Those are details they don't want to hear and pretend don't exist because this board is full of "meanies".

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m a fan of Bad Tink. Bless them. Glad someone over there gets the importance of knowing what you are participating in. I hope they aren’t reprimanded for saying this.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The reality is most of the usual posters on that board don't want to be bothered with the truth or anything that changes their view of Dreams Unlimited Travel. They want to be sheltered by big poppa John from all that "bad" stuff.

In their naive minds John said all that needed to be said and Pete is no longer a pulbic face of the company so it has been taken care of. Nevermind the fact that it is obvious that John's management of the company allowed multiple indiscretions to fester for decades so he could reap the rewards. Those are details they don't want to hear and pretend don't exist because this board is full of "meanies".
Now that everything‘s been exposed I wonder how much of this hurt the travel agency Pete was without a doubt, the showman and the sales person for the different kind of travel experiences you could have no one and I mean absolutely no one is booking a vacation based on the tit that Craig is pumping out that is horrible garbage. Also, who is booking a vacation to hang out with John and Kevin on adventures by Disney when Sean said they don’t give a duck about you when you’re there? To all those who are reading this board I’m sorry the truth hurts.

Jenny Lynn since we are all garbage people over here can you at least speak about the fan meet ups that you used to go to? How were those experiences? It seemed like a lot of fun to be honest.

Reactions: 10
If I were an agent with DUT I’d be questioning everything and RUNNING to a new agency ASAP.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If I were an agent with DUT I’d be questioning everything and RUNNING to a new agency ASAP.
I bet these folks have no idea what is actually normal behavior in a company. Or if they once did, they've long forgotten. Like how you forget how much pain you were in until the pain goes away.

Reactions: 6
Just like there are protected posters over there, from what Sean has said there are also protected agents. If you are an agent at the top of the pyramid, then you love it since you get the pick of all the quotes that come in. If you are a lower agent, you get to pickup the scraps. Since I do not run a travel agency I cannot comment on how well this system works. I suspect their top earners are fiercely loyal to the system and by extension their boss since my guess is this is not how most agencies are run.

Reactions: 5
Thi
Just like there are protected posters over there, from what Sean has said there are also protected agents. If you are an agent at the top of the pyramid, then you love it since you get the pick of all the quotes that come in. If you are a lower agent, you get to pickup the scraps. Since I do not run a travel agency I cannot comment on how well this system works. I suspect their top earners are fiercely loyal to the system and by extension their boss since my guess is this is not how most agencies are run.
I’ll never forget the episode of the DUT podcast where they explained how to become an agent and it seemed like the most absolutely miserable job. You’re an independent contractor, not getting paid for months at a time, you are on-call 24/7, but “you’re running your own business!” . It felt like an MLM.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.