The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many employees of that place have full-on PTSD after leaving? That workplace sounds like the things nightmares are made of and I applaud Sean, Dustin and JL for being brave enough to share their experiences.

I don't think you can understand exactly what it was like to work there without the full context of how things operated there. JL is trying to give us that context. Trauma is trauma and it sounds like JL was in a position where she feared for her finanical safety and then was presented with information where she was in fear of her child's physical safety. That is a lot for anyone to have to process. Let's nor forget Charles out of nowhere spoke up and talked about cameras in the bathrooms...

After putting some of the pieces together it makes much more sense why Corey and Jule stepped away for years. I am not sure why they would choose to ever come back, but maybe Pete had something over them contractually that required some level of participation.

Pete is a truly horrid person and deserves everything he is hopefully suffering from now. With any luck he is very isolated so there is no one else he can harm.
How did Corey and Julie step away? They are still part of this company. There is a lot of focus on John which is warranted but now with all this new information....every single person still with that company is complicit. The company should pack it up and dissolve. It is just a lousy outdated travel agency ffs.
And although JL knows Julie and I do not....I don't find her sweet considering they are still in the company, Corey is probably the one who deleted that recent thread and more importantly they knew all these things but allowed their child to come into that monsters house for a podcast? I know Corey was present but still. Sorry I don't think Julie is sweet and it proves that Corey doesn't leave because he knows he was hired in the first place with zero skills and has since not learned more coding etc in which he could work somewhere else easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Looks like their Patreon took another downturn for December, it was about 1540 to now 1417 paid subscribers.

I found a chart online, not sure it’s accurate but it shows them peaking at just shy of 2300 Patreons in May. That seems pretty close to what I remember. The chart shows a sizeable drop the 1st of every month since August (so 5 months now) and it doesn’t appear to be over.

The YT numbers on the last show are currently 11K. Wow. The DL video version of the show was canceled when it had 10kish views.

The worse thing IMO is if your audience gets apathetic. Would a proper statement now even reach most their audience?

Reactions: 7
Looks like their Patreon took another downturn for December, it was about 1540 to now 1417 paid subscribers.

I found a chart online, not sure it’s accurate but it shows them peaking at just shy of 2300 Patreons in May. That seems pretty close to what I remember. The chart shows a sizeable drop the 1st of every month since August (so 5 months now) and it doesn’t appear to be over.

The YT numbers on the last show are currently 11K. Wow. The DL video version of the show was canceled when it had 10kish views.

The worse thing IMO is if your audience gets apathetic. Would a proper statement now even reach most their audience?
I feel like it’s time to axe the panel show concept and begin focusing on in park vlogs and video tours of the resorts etc without narration.

Pete has turned out to be a cretin, but it was his personality that people were buying. Without that personality to sell they need to switch to the parks, they’re what the bigger section of the audience is there for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
How can you look at the last Tuesday show and be proud of that content? That was legitimately hot garbage. I wonder what Target or GameStop will take Ryno in?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How can you look at the last Tuesday show and be proud of that content? That was legitimately hot garbage. I wonder what Target or GameStop will take Ryno in?
I agree.

I honestly don’t wish anything negative on Craig, Ryno etc, I feel like they’re doing their best but honestly there’s no way I could sit through an hour of them talking. They don’t have that kind of appeal.

Reactions: 6
I agree.

I honestly don’t wish anything negative on Craig, Ryno etc, I feel like they’re doing their best but honestly there’s no way I could sit through an hour of them talking. They don’t have that kind of appeal.
Ryno and Craig have always been at their best, in my opinion, when they’re in the parks doing Universal content. I’d love to see them just do their own thing as a duo

There isn’t a current employee that can anchor the panel discussion format, especially when it’s always virtual.

Why do they need a full studio to meet in person? Honestly, sitting in someone’s living room with mics would be more appealing than the very May 2020 Zoom format.

I didn’t find the Dis until 2019 when I was planning our March 2020 WDW trip. The MOST helpful shows were the Best and Worst and the resort stays/tours. They really need to bring that stuff back if they want to appeal to people other than local pass holders.

Reactions: 4
Ryno and Craig have always been at their best, in my opinion, when they’re in the parks doing Universal content. I’d love to see them just do their own thing as a duo

There isn’t a current employee that can anchor the panel discussion format, especially when it’s always virtual.

Why do they need a full studio to meet in person? Honestly, sitting in someone’s living room with mics would be more appealing than the very May 2020 Zoom format.

I didn’t find the Dis until 2019 when I was planning our March 2020 WDW trip. The MOST helpful shows were the Best and Worst and the resort stays/tours. They really need to bring that stuff back if they want to appeal to people other than local pass holders.
Totally agree, and broadening out to do Universal hotel and offsite hotel content would be helpful too.

They need to stop trying to cling on to the old audience and start establishing a new one, focus on those trip planning.

Reactions: 11
I agree.

There's a good reason Ryno's nickname is Whino, although I suppose if any of us had to center our existence around WDW I think we'd be jaded and bored. This is why they need enthusiastic out-of-towners to co-host.

Totally agree, and broadening out to do Universal hotel and offsite hotel content would be helpful too.

They need to stop trying to cling on to the old audience and start establishing a new one, focus on those trip planning.
Yes! Out with the old and in with the new. Time to establish their new identity.

Yes!!! All of their hotel reviews are extremely outdated. Show some rentals or offsite hotels that are commonly recommended to people who want a price break from staying on property. Show staying on property, but using transport to go to various restaurants or nearby attractions. Does this content exist? Sure. But people like to see people they’ve followed for a while!

Now that Erica is gone, there’s no one else that seems like they even want to be on the weekly show.

I agree it's time to let the Tuesday show go. It's just not working. Craig even said in a post responding to some of the feedback on their first show that he felt their talents were more in the vlog format than a panel discussion. I thought we'd be seeing more vlogs from them (and was really hopeful regarding all the creativity they promised would be coming) but they seem stuck to the Tuesday show concept. I wonder if John is insisting on maintaining it?

I agree it's time to let the Tuesday show go. It's just not working. Craig even said in a post responding to some of the feedback on their first show that he felt their talents were more in the vlog format than a panel discussion. I thought we'd be seeing more vlogs from them (and was really hopeful regarding all the creativity they promised would be coming) but they seem stuck to the Tuesday show concept. I wonder if John is insisting on maintaining it?
I always felt it might be him clinging to that and I can’t for the life of me figure out why. I originally thought it would make more sense for a TA to look at a wider variation of vacations including offsite and by getting rid of the Tuesday show they’d probably have time to feature more.

I wonder if the commission they get from Disney makes featuring offsite properties that less attractive.

edit:

The thought just occurred that he might just want to stick to that format because it’s worked in the past, and judging by the Dreams website which looks like it’s had the same design since 1997, he ain’t too good with change.
---
There's a good reason Ryno's nickname is Whino, although I suppose if any of us had to center our existence around WDW I think we'd be jaded and bored. This is why they need enthusiastic out-of-towners to co-host.
I feel like this is really important.

If I’m watching Disney content on YouTube (and I do… like a lot), it’s probably because I’ve just booked a trip/I’m planning to book one and I want to get excited about it… seeing 4 people whine and moan about every detail ain’t gonna satisfy that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The thing about it is is, there’s no production quality to these shows you have no discussion format no graphics no video no pre-recorded segments that are edited and produced. You just have an hour of you rambling sending photos to each other as inside jokes and discussing the Macy’s Thanksgiving day, parade, and snoopy, which have absolutely nothing to do For a Disney weekly show. Trash.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Any probability Tom Bell experienced Pete’s wrath? Tom did mostly Disneyland and the Dis no longer reported on the west coast and only focused on east coast

Reactions: 2
Any probability Tom Bell experienced Pete’s wrath? Tom did mostly Disneyland and the Dis no longer reported on the west coast and only focused on east coast

I am super curious about this too. Given what we’ve heard I feel like nobody was immune, however I wonder if being divided off helped with that.

I remember an episode were Tom was on the Tuesday show and he did not seem himself at all, he seemed incredibly nervous and on edge… I’m wondering if this followed his first exposure to real Pete.

Reactions: 3
Yes!!! All of their hotel reviews are extremely outdated. Show some rentals or offsite hotels that are commonly recommended to people who want a price break from staying on property. Show staying on property, but using transport to go to various restaurants or nearby attractions. Does this content exist? Sure. But people like to see people they’ve followed for a while!

Now that Erica is gone, there’s no one else that seems like they even want to be on the weekly show.
Pete stayed in an All Star resort once (which he quite liked surprisingly) but I don’t remember any of them ever staying off-site, which is something I've been asking them to do for years now.

Showing potential visitors the whole experience including hotel facilities, bus boarding, the journey to the parks etc seems like a no-brainer but that content is missing. We'll get a whole video about a new cupcake though, which is only of interest to locals who have been to the parks a thousand times.

That would be THE content to produce to help the agency. What better way than to highlight resorts!? They could even do one a month and it would help their channel. The dining reviews are fine (I actually really like watching dining reviews in general) but their content, for the last number of years, does nothing for families planning their Disney trips.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.