The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because they didn’t want it near the Queens coronation date of June, and the UK is hosting various major events throughout this month already which puts pressure on policing. Not everything is a conspiracy about Harry and Meghan.
And it's the anniversary of several royal events. The official mourning period didn't end until January, lent and easter cuts out Feb 22nd - April 10th, and then Eurovision next week!
It also needs to be before trooping the colour in June.. can't have the king's official birthday if he isn't properly crowned yet!

Reactions: 6
I bet William has his arm around Zara/Mike/ Eugenie/Beatrice right now saying you're not like my brother I love you 🍻😘🥂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I bet William has his arm around Zara/Mike/ Eugenie/Beatrice right now saying you're not like my brother I love you 🍻😘🥂
I wonder if Zara and Mike are out again tonight.. they were out until 2am yesterday! They must have been shattered with the early start 😅

Reactions: 5
And it's the anniversary of several royal events. The official mourning period didn't end until January, lent and easter cuts out Feb 22nd - April 10th, and then Eurovision next week!
It also needs to be before trooping the colour in June.. can't have the king's official birthday if he isn't properly crowned yet!
The official mourning period for the royal family end a week after the Queens funeral.....

The official mourning period for the royal family end a week after the Queens funeral.....
I thought that too but i heard it was four months.

Just looked it up, George V and VI had mourning periods of four months each

The discussion around Charles minimising the Coronation and taking away elements such as the Dukes in ermine, the tiaras, making people dress in formal daywear, etc, reminds me of this quote from The Crown. Said by the Duke of Windsor - granted it’s about Queen Elizabeth II but I think it illustrates the need for the pomp when it comes to The Royal Family: ‘Who wants transparency when you can have magic? Who wants prose when you can have poetry? Pull away the veil and what are you left with? An ordinary young woman of modest ability and little imagination. But wrap her up like this, anoint her with oil, and hey, presto, what do you have? A goddess.’

Reactions: 18
Oh gosh I’ve seen this on my timeline as well!
View attachment 2153251
absolute madness! They were divorced! I really like Diana, I find her interesting, but she was never going to be happy with Charles having a mistress and when Charles and Camilla reunited he was never going to give her up. Their divorce was probably the best thing that happened to her (apart from her sons obviously) and it’s a shame she died so soon after.
The thing a lot of these people don’t seem to get is Diana was a big supporter of the monarchy, she wanted her son to be king and would more than likely have had a great seat at todays coronation and been on her 2nd or 3rd marriage. People use her as the face of a republican movement which is so far from what she believed in she’d probably find it offensive. It’s a shame she never got to have her happy ending but an act of tragedy doesn’t mean Charles shouldn’t have had his.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
yes I know, I already said I thought that was the case
I'm just saying historically monarchs have been mourned for months. Or years in Victoria's case lol
Victoria mourned Albert until her death & wore black every day after his death even to her son's wedding.....😥😥

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The thing a lot of these people don’t seem to get is Diana was a big supporter of the monarchy, she wanted her son to be king and would more than likely have had a great seat at todays coronation and been on her 2nd or 3rd marriage. People use her as the face of a republican movement which is so far from what she believed in she’d probably find it offensive. It’s a shame she never got to have her happy ending but an act of tragedy doesn’t mean Charles shouldn’t have had his.
She grew up on the Sandringham estate, played with Andrew and Edward and called the Queen Aunt Lilibet 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Grotty ?
So is the person that went after money from his knowing out late Queen would make him pay it ............money over justice in a criminal trail ......
---
The only grotty person in that fiasco is Andrew. If he wasn’t an unapologetic friend with a convicted pedophile and hadn’t had sex with a trafficked teenager then none of this would have happened.

Reactions: 22
Victoria mourned Albert until her death & wore black every day after his death even to her son's wedding.....😥😥
Very sad, although I find it strange how she made her youngest daughter Beatrice wear Albert's night shirt and Victoria would cuddle and smell her in it! She was only around 4 or 5. The rest of Beatrice's childhood was spent in this bubble of mourning.
Grief is strange!

Reactions: 3
The only grotty person in that fiasco is Andrew. If he wasn’t an unapologetic friend with a convicted pedophile and hadn’t had sex with a trafficked teenager then none of this would have happened.
He behaved appallingly. As he had trade links to the US he blindsided Epstein's unhealthy nature. Andrew's perspective was that Epstein provided all these links. He was too daft to realise

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She grew up on the Sandringham estate, played with Andrew and Edward and called the Queen Aunt Lilibet 😅
I’ve seen some people genuinely believe she grew up impoverished and the reason the RF didn’t like her was because she was common. The founder of her noble house was knighted by Henry VIII and her families royal connections in the past 500 years have been on par with Charles, but somehow people are genuinely out here thinking she had no clue about the aristocrat lifestyle and was just a normal girl.

Reactions: 16
I’ve seen some people genuinely believe she grew up impoverished and the reason the RF didn’t like her was because she was common. The founder of her noble house was knighted by Henry VIII and her families royal connections in the past 500 years have been on par with Charles, but somehow people are genuinely out here thinking she had no clue about the aristocrat lifestyle and was just a normal girl.
i wish i was that common 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She was Lady Diana before her marriage wasn't she? I think people get confused by her working as some kind of child minder - that's not a job you associate with the wealthy and privileged.

Reactions: 12
She was Lady Diana before her marriage wasn't she? I think people get confused by her working as some kind of child minder - that's not a job you associate with the wealthy and privileged.
yes, but she didn't become a lady until she was 13/14. That's when her father became Earl.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.