The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loads of the other names turned it down apparently. Adele, Elton, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Robbie Williams, Kylie.
They all said no
To be fair Robbie Williams, Kylie, Elton and Adele wouldn't be big misses. I am not a fan of their music. Elton did have a handful of good songs, but he's past it now and his mobility is not good. We have so many good artists over the decades, the planners could have done better I'm sure.

Reactions: 5
Is there a reason people said no? Is it controversial being involved? I think perhaps it may be.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know why they placed a screen around Charles when he was anointed, rather than have a golden canopy over him as happened with the late Queen and her father? It looked a bit tit. Like posh version of one of those screens they put up to hide the aftermath of a horrible accident.

Grotty ?
So is the person that went after money from his knowing out late Queen would make him pay it ............money over justice in a criminal trail ......
---

He must obey the orders of her indoors that has him on a lesh & tracks his every movement .
youre not seriously defending price andrew ? jesus 🤣😳
---
I bet William has his arm around Zara/Mike/ Eugenie/Beatrice right now saying you're not like my brother I love you 🍻😘🥂
i feel bad for William ,why did Harry do him dirty? hes not actually done anything to him or his family ?

Last year I wasn’t overly impressed with the concert line up, thinking “who are they” at several acts so my expectations were quite low. However when I watched it I loved the whole thing, so I’m keeping an open mind on tonight’s concert rather than criticise the line up.

Reactions: 6
They weren’t getting paid is probably the reason !
Or simply weren't offered enough to be worth it. In terms of gig planning it was reasonably last minute, so the acts they approached may have had gigs planned, personal events planned, or simply not been in the area. To either cancel another gig or risk it due to travel times/risk of travel not going to plan, or have to pay to travel to a gig with a partial set isn't going to be worth it unless it's a gig you are passionate about, will make bank for, or will get really great PR for.

I don't think it's a big enough draw either financially or publicity wise for a lot of the acts they approached.

Reactions: 2
youre not seriously defending price andrew ? jesus 🤣😳
---

i feel bad for William ,why did Harry do him dirty? hes not actually done anything to him or his family ?
People have been defending The Trump family for many years & their crimes are plain to see .

Is there a reason people said no? Is it controversial being involved? I think perhaps it may be.
I think I read Ed Sheeran turned it down because he’s on tour in America. Doesn’t Adele have a residency somewhere in Vegas too?

Reactions: 2
People have been defending The Trump family for many years & their crimes are plain to see .
Are you seriously suggesting that because people defend Trump (which they obviously should not) that Andrew gets a free pass? Is your moral compass broken?

Reactions: 9
If you watch clips of the Queen’s Coronation they all read from prompt cards then as well! Philip read from one like William did etc.

The crowds were probably soaking wet and cold. The TV commentators kept mentioning the rain. I think it would have made a big difference if it had been nice weather and I think the other family members would probably have been in open carriages which the crowds would have enjoyed more being able to see them more clearly.
In fairness the rain was ridiculous here and it definitely dampened the spirits I think. The cameras realyl didn't show how heavy it rained the entire day yesterday.

Reactions: 7
Last year I wasn’t overly impressed with the concert line up, thinking “who are they” at several acts so my expectations were quite low. However when I watched it I loved the whole thing, so I’m keeping an open mind on tonight’s concert rather than criticise the line up.
Diana Ross was appalling.

Reactions: 3
I think I read Ed Sheeran turned it down because he’s on tour in America. Doesn’t Adele have a residency somewhere in Vegas too?
I was going to say Ed wouldn't have touched this but he performed at the jubilee didn't he. The line up is all right, there'll be some bangers at least. I'm not a fan of that poser Nicole.

Does anyone know why they placed a screen around Charles when he was anointed, rather than have a golden canopy over him as happened with the late Queen and her father? It looked a bit tit. Like posh version of one of those screens they put up to hide the aftermath of a horrible accident.
I believe it is due to being a sacred thing between the king and god. The queen never showed that part either at her coronation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.