The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Katy Perry is one of many ambassadors. I find it a bit peculiar the criticism she gets for being one of them. Her child is 1/2 Brit and she's tried to correct some of the problematic things in her past.

Reactions: 5
I said it at the Jubes but how do we ever top the Queens Bond moment? Paddington was special, they have to give us something tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Are there any street parties near any of you? None round here.
Yes, perhaps surprisingly as I am in Scotland where we have been told repeatedly that we don't care about this sort of thing (did they even watch the journey of Her late Majesty's cortege through Scotland???). A party mainly for children in my nearest small town and a proper street party in the next town along.

Reactions: 10
I said it at the Jubes but how do we ever top the Queens Bond moment? Paddington was special, they have to give us something tonight.
I saw Winnie the pooh and tom cruise on the list. Maybe some odd mash up 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Yes, perhaps surprisingly as I am in Scotland where we have been told repeatedly that we don't care about this sort of thing (did they even watch the journey of Her late Majesty's cortege through Scotland???). A party mainly for children in my nearest small town and a proper street party in the next town along.
Nice. Will you be attending any?

I’m in Scotland and more people support the monarchy than the loudmouth social media arseholes would have you believe. It must have been an influx of English people that filled the streets in Edinburgh and other parts of Scotland when the Queen died. We celebrated at home yesterday, although my husband (who is fairly neutral on the royals) took the opportunity to have a few hours on his own, went into Glasgow city centre for some lunch. He saw the pro Indy/anti monarchy protest march and couldn’t believe the stupidity of them waving the Scottish ROYAL standard flag. Tells you all you need to know about these morons.

Reactions: 11
Maybe Charles couldn't get away with gimmicky stuff......yet
The Queens last era was her best.

Reactions: 5
Late to the chat as only just caught up with all the posts but I absolutely loved everything yesterday! A fab moment of history. I adored the robes and loved Charlotte’s outfit! The coaches were stunning, the uniforms, the horses! The venue was stunning, the music was beautiful. Loved the singers in white, as did Kate - she was beaming after!
Watched it with my 12 year old son, he also loved it and asked if the 🤴 King had to wear the crown every day now! 😂 celebrated with friends after, had decorated the outside of my house the day before, just love the pomp, pageantry and being patriotic! Long live the King!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tom Cruse makes me laugh, it's like he's become an honorary Brit.

I watched Grace Jones and her hula hoops, she is spectacular :)

I found myself wishing for a moment I had her physique and don't-give-a-tit-ness

Edit: sorry, I got the wrong thread 😳

Someone was recommending Grace Jones 2012 Q's jubilee on a different thread

Reactions: 6
Oh and also, we got the giggles at various points….Rishi lisping (childish I know and I know lisps & stutters aren’t to be made fun of but he really made us giggle) and when Kay Burley referred to the King and Queen as Charles and Camilly instead of Camilla! 😂

Reactions: 1
Unbelievable that today it's nice weather, but couldn't be good yesterday. I suppose it's better today with the outdoor concert later

Reactions: 2
Tom Cruse makes me laugh, it's like he's become an honorary Brit.

I watched Grace Jones and her hula hoops, she is spectacular :)

I found myself wishing for a moment I had her physique and don't-give-a-tit-ness

Edit: sorry, I got the wrong thread 😳

Someone was recommending Grace Jones 2012 Q's jubilee on a different thread
My sisters company catered the queens jubilee concert in 2012. We were based in green park for a month as we fed all the crew who built the stage. We did all the artist catering and he dressing rooms. Grace Jones wanted oysters but my sis said no as her public liability wouldn’t cover it because she wanted them in her dressing room and there was no refrigeration . Shirley bassey wanted a special pink champagne from Harrods!
We catered a music festival with Grace Jones at the rfh a few years later and she had her oysters.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.