The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read they designed a new screen, maybe the one used previously didn't represent the commonwealth or something, apparently this one does.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I knew that the anointing is sacred, at the Queen’s coronation I think they turned the cameras off when it happened. I just think the canopy looked so much more regal and fitting for the occasion.

Reactions: 6

Yel

The reason I'm not that into the lineup is purely personal preference. Had they have dolly parton, Carly Rae jepsen and no Gary Barlow I'd be pumped. 😁

It's always this kind of line up as they only get expenses.

It's not like despotic regimes where they pay millions so get huge names who despite already having a fortune suddenly forget all of their supposed ethics and morals *cough Beyonce*

I'll still watch and can go do the washing up when Gary Barlow comes on. The pre records, lights and drones will be the highlights. I wonder if they'll do something like announce the new bond?

(Please don't do firework katy!)

Reactions: 7
Yeah I knew that the anointing is sacred, at the Queen’s coronation I think they turned the cameras off when it happened. I just think the canopy looked so much more regal and fitting for the occasion.
Its part of his plan to modernise I guess, the religious element was the same but most of the other stuff has been relegated to history. I'm actually surprised he used the coach.

Yel

The sun are live streaming the setup from the royal mile. I love all the random chattering you can hear from the people working 😆. I'd put it on in the background if I had a lot of work to do today.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think I read Ed Sheeran turned it down because he’s on tour in America. Doesn’t Adele have a residency somewhere in Vegas too?
And he'a just won a lawsuit in America, He couldn't even go to his granny's funeral this week!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Does Charles have a specific type of music he enjoys? The Queen enjoyed certain musicians I believe, but they were all from an older era.

Reactions: 2
There is a Lovely interview with Lionel Ritchie ahead of the Coronation regarding his friendship with KC3.

Yel

There's only been one kween of relatability this weekend :coronation:
20230507_130438.jpg

Screenshot_20230507_130819_Chrome.jpg

Social media is such a cesspit with people having a pop and clearly totally uninformed of the projects they're involved with. Apparently Katy Perry and Charles have done nothing to help people, err apart from all their projects to help people🤦‍♀️. Katy is an ambassador for the British Asian Trust and fronts their project to flight trafficking and child labour.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm deeply upset that we will not have a performance from Grace Jones and her hula hoop like we had back in 2012! That was television gold!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why is a white American person ambassador for the British Asian Trust? No Asian Brits available for the role?? 🧐🤨

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Lionel is great but do you not think its a PR thing after the comments?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.