The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read online he went back to Highgrove last night and Camilla also left London but not with him. Seems a bit sad they didn’t spend the evening together after the biggest day in their marriage so far
Think that's standard. She supports him publicly but come on he's a whinge.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think the service felt somewhat dragging for four reasons.
1. if there ever is an occasion to be proudly hyper traditional it’s a f*****g coronation. Role in the dukes (have Wiliam, Edward and Anne (how is that for going with the times) pledge individually and let the rest do it as a group to cut down the time) and the tiaras!!!!! Especially with all the other royal houses. That’s the missed opportunity of the century. Hope Wiliam took notes and comes to the same conclusion.
2. Also, many ceremonial parts are just not made to the ordinary audience. It’s highly religious and if you rush through it, it just looks weird. There is no point in pandering to the modern audience just because they might think it silly to have a round of, touch this, hold that, now wear the sword for a minute, touch this, hold that…
3. The music didn’t match what I was seeing. Zadok the priest would have fitted better when they put the imperial state crown on. Or get a better shot of him when st Edward crown is placed on his head. Or- if it just be during the anointing, find something similar moving.
4. The BBC did a shockingly bad job at times. I mean, yes there were many cool things happening at the same time. But I felt like I got neither in depth- arriving of the guests and marching of the armed forces. Have that ever heard about screen in screen or split screen? Also less people talking about how great Charles is but more background. Loved the woman talking about the Crowns and regalia.
All in all, it was great though.

It’s actually sad that the other royal houses have stopped with real coronations nowadays. I think if you entertain a monarchy you should definitely entertain the old parts. Even if it’s just entertainment for most.

Most royal women looked shockingly bland. They are definitely stood up by the non European ones (but Rania, expected so much more from her). Only Mary, Victoria and Anne-Marie looked appropriately dressed in my opinion. From the BRF- obviously those mantels rocked and Sophie’s white dress gives me some GoT vibes. Apart from them Zara and Louise were the best dressed in my opinion. And Penny.

I get the cards for nerves but Wiliam should have been able to remember those lines. But he looked really good in his outfit. But running late on such a day is a massive no no.

With all that and more on my mind - is it bad to admit I hope Wiliam turns back the wheel in terms of pomp for his coronation?

Regarding cost- yes it’s expensive- but the cost per head is really quite cheap compared to other HoS. Especially if you remember that there were just 5 major events in the last 70 years (2 weddings, 2 funerals, 1 coronation). And not one every 3-5 years. I would argue the cost for the security for sports events every year is almost as high and that’s tax funded and binds police personal all the time. I don’t see anyone arguing football clubs should fund their own security and for their audience. Not to forget the damage and trash those “fans” tend to leave behind. At least the royal stuff is broadcasted for free and not on SKY.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I get the cards for nerves but Wiliam should have been able to remember those lines. But he looked really good in his outfit. But running late on such a day is a massive no no.
I didn’t think the Waleses were late, Charles was early arriving.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just read online he went back to Highgrove last night and Camilla also left London but not with him. Seems a bit sad they didn’t spend the evening together after the biggest day in their marriage so far
Camilla still has her house from before they
married and they tend to live separately but it seems to work for them. She likes to spend time with her own family, so she probably had them all back to hers afterwards.

Reactions: 7
I didn’t think the Waleses were late, Charles was early arriving.
I thought the Wales were late and their car couldn’t overtake the carriage, so the carriage had to pull up and wait at the Abbey while theey got out the car?

Reactions: 1
I thought the Wales were late and their car couldn’t overtake the carriage, so the carriage had to pull up and wait at the Abbey while theey got out the car?
On BBC commentary they said it was the unpredictability of the horses, so it seemed like they went too fast and so Charles and Camilla arrived too early. Sounds plausible as I have never known any of them ever be late for any event.

Reactions: 3
Do locals see the Royals out and about? Do they have any normality, popping into tesco etc?

On BBC commentary they said it was the unpredictability of the horses, so it seemed like they went too fast and so Charles and Camilla arrived too early. Sounds plausible as I have never known any of them ever be late for any event.
But whatever the carriage should have been last in the procession? Even if they went a bit fast they should still have been behind their car?

Reactions: 2
Do locals see the Royals out and about? Do they have any normality, popping into tesco etc?
I’ve heard things about them over the years about pubs they go to and when Kate and William lived in Anglesey she was seen at the local supermarkets a lot. I also remember them been seen at a cinema in London and they mentioned the other day they do sometimes use the tube!

I’ve heard things about them over the years about pubs they go to and when Kate and William lived in Anglesey she was seen at the local supermarkets a lot. I also remember them been seen at a cinema in London and they mentioned the other day they do sometimes use the tube!
At least they have some normality.

Really? Interesting. I saw that Johnny guy was once the main bodyguard to the Queen. That is why i thought they were a type of bodyguard.
You were right. Bodyguard-ish, fixer-upper, crap sifter extraordinaire. Not actual crap of course! Valets dress men, or at least lay their clothes out, make sure they are in good repair etc. Butlers, as a general rule, do not.

there's quite recent photos of Kate in Sainsburys, ones of her taking George and Charlotte to Smiggle and photos of them all having a pub lunch 😅

• Haha
But whatever the carriage should have been last in the procession? Even if they went a bit fast they should still have been behind their car?
I don’t think William and Kate left from the Palace. They weren't in the procession going there. Obviously took a different route like the other royals? Charles arrived 5 minutes early so had to wait as from what I’ve seen in the past they all arrive a couple of minutes apart with the Monarch arriving last.

I don’t think William and Kate left from the Palace. They weren't in the procession going there. Obviously took a different route like the other royals? Charles arrived 5 minutes early so had to wait as from what I’ve seen in the past they all arrive a couple of minutes apart with the Monarch arriving last.
Yes William and Kate came from Kensington Palace

I wish they had a better line up for this concert, or non at all. It looks really lame. And it’s very British/American heavy when Charles is meant to be the head of state for 14 commonwealth countries. No wonder they are fed up with us because we do F all.

I hope the kids are going to be at this concert. They were the highlight of last year's events.

Reactions: 5
Bloody hell, imagine the scenes if the Rolls Royce overtook the carriage 😂

• Haha
You were right. Bodyguard-ish, fixer-upper, crap sifter extraordinaire. Not actual crap of course! Valets dress men, or at least lay their clothes out, make sure they are in good repair etc. Butlers, as a general rule, do not.
Interesting. So are they equivalent to a lady in waiting? Man in waiting if you will? Lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.