The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah,they already spent x amount of money and had people complaining so they might as well have gone all out .
---

thats my thinking .Like it was gonna happen ,it already cost a rediculous amount .The tories are still twats.Might as well have given us something spectacular to watch
The cornst
yeah,they already spent x amount of money and had people complaining so they might as well have gone all out .
---

thats my thinking .Like it was gonna happen ,it already cost a rediculous amount .The tories are still twats.Might as well have given us something spectacular to watch
The coronation did not have to happen

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Yes i
He’s already on his way to the Airport.

THIS is what bothers me so much about him, always preaching about saving the planet but jets in and out of countries for less the 24hrs.
I hate how celebs preach to us about carbon footprint, but they take flights at the drop of a hat.....

Reactions: 7
1683402318192.png

---
I wondered who was in the lemon outfit. Reminded me of Kate. Wonder if it is one of Kate's outfits.

Reactions: 3
how can a coronation be in private ?
I suppose it depends … it could be done somewhere like St George’s chapel in Windsor, with a congregation, an archbishop and the Crown and none of the military and procession bells and whistles and no TV coverage. The actual coronation is the anointing and the crowning. Everything else is just padding 😀

Reactions: 3
It can't.
He was ready king as soom as the queen mother died ceremonies such as the Accession Council and the coronation in their own ways merely endorse a succession that has already taken place. It is not, necessary for the monarch to be crowned in order to become King: Edward VIII reigned as King without ever being crowned.

Reactions: 1
He was ready king as soom as the queen mother died ceremonies such as the Accession Council and the coronation in their own ways merely endorse a succession that has already taken place. It is not, necessary for the monarch to be crowned in order to become King: Edward VIII reigned as King without ever being crowned.
But only because he abdicated before his coronation which was due the following May

Reactions: 11
I think that European monarchies don’t have a coronation. It’s quite a British thing? They just have accessions. I suppose he could have skipped it but I think it’s probably a crucial, visible signal of monarchy and his role. It’s unlikely there will be any jubilees or weddings for a while. So they need to do something to be visible and give people a celebration.

Reactions: 5
Many European countries have Royal Families, and they do not have coronations, it’s a uniquely British thing to do. The flip side though, is many people across the Western World don’t really know of any other Royal Family, other than the British one, and a big part of its selling point as an advert for GB is the pomp and ceremony. Think about how many people visit the Tower of London every year just as an example.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.