The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it was a bit of boring because in the last few years we've had the jubilee and the Queens funeral which were massive events. this seems a bit dull compared to them.
I wasn't bored, not for a second, my Mother like me enjoyed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In not a fan of camilla or charles but i dont feel like it should have been Diana's day or she was robbed of queen etc .As mentioned previously ,they were divorced .It was never going to be her day and i dont really think she cared about being queen anyway.
What i do feel her and we and her family were robbed off was seeing her at her childrens weddings .Seeing her with her grandchildren .The good she would have done in her life had she been given the chance .

Reactions: 13
Says on the DM William and Kate might have been late as they were supposed to arrive before the King.

I love seeing Louis at public occasions :ROFLMAO: I guess really he's just being a normal 5 year old boy, but to see it while everyone around him is being so formal and stuffy is just hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 21
They still need paying for, presumably .
just go to the vault and use one you’ve got already 😀
---

I suppose it depends on stuff like how long it is between coronations and what the state of the country is at the time, but off the bat I’d say no … the days of the ultra extravagant displays are done.
Yeah that's the thing isn't it. I think if they are going to do it, go big or go home, but yeah the future is uncertain so as you say it likely won't happen and we've seen the last of the extravagance.

Says on the DM William and Kate might have been late as they were supposed to arrive before the King.
Some expert on the TV coverage said it was the horses pulling the carriage too fast that made them arrive too early. He said ‘that’s the unpredictability of horses’!

Reactions: 1
I love seeing Louis at public occasions :ROFLMAO: I guess really he's just being a normal 5 year old boy, but to see it while everyone around him is being so formal and stuffy is just hilarious
That’s what people used to,say about Harry …

• Haha
  • Wow
why is the shindig tomorrow night ? i was up for watching it tonight but i'll be over it tomorrow and not arsed about watching

Reactions: 5
I have 3 children and our youngest was exactly the same and so funny! He was always very entertaining…until he became a moody teenager!

William seemed similar when he was young and Diana said he wasn’t shy whereas Harry was a bit more reserved!

Reactions: 3
Honestly, the coronation was a little underwhelming. I was expecting this big extravaganza, but it wasn't like that. Not so much glitz and glamour, more choir singings and religious speeches. Do you guys think William's will be bigger and more extravagant?
It was more like a church service than I expected .

I liked it when the choir did Zadoc the Priest . That's quite a dramatic piece of music. It used to be on a advert .

Reactions: 2
Honestly, the coronation was a little underwhelming. I was expecting this big extravaganza, but it wasn't like that. Not so much glitz and glamour, more choir singings and religious speeches. Do you guys think William's will be bigger and more extravagant?
Yeah I don’t know what I expected but I expected a bit more.
William if you could up the razzle dazzle for yours I’d be most obliged.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The thing is I know there is a cost of living crisis etc etc BUT the coronation has to happen and is a once in a lifetime thing for some people so IMO they should have gone ALL OUT tiaras diamonds the lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah I don’t know what I expected but I expected a bit more.
William if you could up the razzle dazzle for yours I’d be most obliged.
yeah,they already spent x amount of money and had people complaining so they might as well have gone all out .
---
The thing is I know there is a cost of living crisis etc etc BUT the coronation has to happen and is a once in a lifetime thing for some people so IMO they should have gone ALL OUT tiaras diamonds the lot.
thats my thinking .Like it was gonna happen ,it already cost a rediculous amount .The tories are still twats.Might as well have given us something spectacular to watch

I’m not sure if it was this thread or the Royals one but someone was asking about the dog and the Chattos, mainly Lady Sarah. I didn’t see them but they were there (apart from one son) but her brother wasn’t there.
IMG_6483.jpeg
IMG_6484.jpeg
IMG_6485.jpeg
IMG_6486.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I felt like it wasn't quite as big as I'd have liked, hope Will and Catherine's is a bit more interesting.

Camilla didn't look well imo, she needed helping down some steps that the archbishop didn't seem prepared to need to help her with. Loved seeing Catherine and Sophie in full regalia. Harry should have taken a look in the mirror before writing that line about his brother being bald and not looking like Diana anymore 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is what I wanted to see to be honest. Like @Loveitme says they get flamed whatever they do so they may as well of gone for it.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.