The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was slightly disappointed by the choice of the robes being worn. We see them out every year at the Order of the Garter so it would have been more special to see outfits specially for this Coronation. I preferred the sparkly dress choices worn by the ladies at Queen Elizabeth II coronation. Today's senior royals could have been wearing anything, we didn't see it. We got all the designer info, but we literally haven't seen any of the dresses in full.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think the choice of clothing was deliberate. Viewers were given very few distractions the focus was solely on the ceremony, the King and Queen and the items used during it.

Reactions: 9
Do you think they’ve all had a turn wearing the crown like when you’re at a wedding reception or a Christening do and you try on each others hats.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Do you think they’ve all had a turn wearing the crown like when you’re at a wedding reception or a Christening do and you try on each others hats.
I’d imagine the Keeper of the Crown Jewels had it whipped off and back in its secure case almost before they were off the balcony.

(Is t it the King Edward crown that can supposedly only be touched by the Keeper of the Jewels, the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Monarch)

Reactions: 4
I'm still confused about the crown. He only wears it once? But the Queen wore it many times? She wore a different one for her coronation?
Help me out

I'm still confused about the crown. He only wears it once? But the Queen wore it many times? She wore a different one for her coronation?
Help me out
No, King Edward Crown is just for the coronation.
It’s the Imperial State Crown for daywear.

Reactions: 7
Help me out
It's a different crown

Prince Edward today. State Imperial rest of the time

Reactions: 2
Help me out
The 2 they mainly wear are : coronation crown wear ,yes, only once &
Crown for the state opening of parliament every year.

Reactions: 2
I think the kicker for me was that they didn’t use a tiara that they already had, they instead commissioned a new one for Kate and another for her daughter. That’s tone deaf.
Fear not, they are not actual tiaras. They are made of silver, crystals and embroidery.

Reactions: 4
Honestly, the coronation was a little underwhelming. I was expecting this big extravaganza, but it wasn't like that. Not so much glitz and glamour, more choir singings and religious speeches. Do you guys think William's will be bigger and more extravagant?

Reactions: 1
Fear not, they are not actual tiaras. They are made of silver, crystals and embroidery.
They still need paying for, presumably .
just go to the vault and use one you’ve got already 😀
---
Honestly, the coronation was a little underwhelming. I was expecting this big extravaganza, but it wasn't like that. Not so much glitz and glamour, more choir singings and religious speeches. Do you guys think William's will be bigger and more extravagant?
I suppose it depends on stuff like how long it is between coronations and what the state of the country is at the time, but off the bat I’d say no … the days of the ultra extravagant displays are done.

Reactions: 6
I doubt it. If he ever does one. Once the precedent is set, and he famously hates pomp…

I think it was a bit of boring because in the last few years we've had the jubilee and the Queens funeral which were massive events. this seems a bit dull compared to them.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.