Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reader's digest

VIP Member
Can you be more precise about what you're wanting of family history? To find out about your own family? Or something more general? (TBH I'm not sure what a night school can really show you that you can't do already!)
If you're looking specifically for your own recent British ancestors (from 1837 when registration was made compulsory) you could start here
FREE BMD - https://www.freebmd.org.uk/
FREE CEN - https://www.freecen.org.uk/
(I've transcribed many census and other records for these two).
FAMILY SEARCH - https://www.familysearch.org/en/

If you haven't already watched these, I'd recommend:
Who do you think you are? (
UK TV series on notable people's family history - it's a bit light and doesn't show much how to DIY in depth)
Finding your roots
(Prof. Henry Louis Gates Jnr - US TV series on notable people's family history - shows how proper research is done and use of DNA testing. I really like this one, Prof Gates is a proper academic and usually gets to the heart of things!)

Note that all these programmes invariably become tearjerkers! It's often very moving when you find real evidence of your forebears and some of the facts of their lives and struggles.

Enjoy!!
Yes know both series and they are great. Loved even the episode with Boris! 😆

Reactions: 2

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
He does not. His brother has two kids. He left them with his wife when he started a relationship with somebody else.
So is Chantal calling this child a grandson because Amaury was in a relationship with his mum at that time, though the kiddo isn't a blood relative? This boy is older than the 2 kids in Jonathan's photo, and there are photos of all 3 boys separate from these ones, so definitely 3 kids.

Reactions: 2

Wilhelm

FRK was one of the first CD spin-offs that I dumped. She is so tedious. Unwatchable. I started off interested in her floral ambitions because I used to be a floral designer so we had that in common. She reminds me of the young, fresh-out -of-floral-school things that braved coming into our shop, resume in hand. No experience, but plenty of pics of FTD arrangements. When I was designing, we had huge accounts with businesses, hotels and department stores. That's what kept us afloat week to week. The weddings and events were icing on the cake and it wasn't uncommon to snatch a few $25,000+ weddings in the summer. That was almost 30 years ago. There isn't any hotel or department store floral work, anymore and brides are nowadays shoving weeds into bottles for their wedding decor ala FRK. I got out of that biz just in time, though I still do the occasional wedding for family or friends.
I do like her arangements and choice of flowers and plants.Bottles as well. There are so many florists capable of making flowers look tacky,outdated and hideous it never ceases to amaze me.I wish her all the best.

Reactions: 1

silvergirl

Chatty Member
Time will tell! It will be interesting to see if he even mentions his family in his bromance ‘podcast’, especially as so many of his fans have asked about them, a lot have noticed they have mostly been cut of of the daily Dan since the summer. There’s more footage of the shitoo kitchen than his own unfinished project, ironic as he only works at the shitoo 3 days per week and the rest of the week he vlogs.
...I think I now get what you are implying...

BubbleWorld

Chatty Member
Talking about electrics, we are at present in a rented apartment on holiday in Cornwall, but the main lights have tripped. We sent a message to the owner who apparently lives in France. He just replied "the lights have tripped", no mention of where we could find the fusebox which we suspect is in a locked box. Ah well! We have torches, the heating works, all the rest of the electrics work, and we have a beautiful old smugglers inn round the corner. 🌃🌚🌙🍺😂
Penzance, Newlyn, Mousehole, St, Ives? 😉

• Heart