The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
❄❄❄Winter is coming❄❄❄

Thanks to @MojoDublin for 🧵 title provided before they started their journey ❤❤❤❤

really really really like to propose
Title thread 🧵

Winter is coming ….

:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

Most Likes Posts last thread (71):

#1 Congratulations to Marquis de Potpourri’s Fiancé
❤

Not to derail (storytime):
It was around this time of the year in 2018, my friend and I had just moved to NY for college and only knew the city as school girl tourists. We wanted to have coffee that was not Starbucks and discovered this little coffee shop on Google Maps at the corner of East 70th and Lexington Avenue. The place was packed but we went for it anyway. We took our coffee and biscotti to the al fresco side hoping to find a place to sit, and there was a young man sitting alone at a table for four, having coffee, reading Plato's The Republic! (who reads Plato these days?) The young man noticed us, stood up, and offered to share his table with us. That was when I met the Marquis. :giggle: My favorite New York moment!

Back to the chateauverse.

#2 Congratulations to LaFrancaise123

Things are starting to change :CD latest vlogs's comments :

Jürgen G

19 minutes ago
Is Ms. Lambert an official spokesperson for la Lande? Is it in her power to judge fans and viewers as trolls or worse? People asking questions, maybe stating concerns about the content, and they get shut down and blocked. That’s terrible public relation for such a high quality channel. But sadly, also happening in other related channels. We can’t understand that this is allowed to happen. Instead of talking with viewers who might be critical about certain content aspects, moderators call these people out in non diplomatic and childish manners. Not every viewer/fan is into this amazing lovely magical cotton candy princess world, and they might have a more neutral point of view. But that’s not allowed from what we have seen for some time now. We will stop our Patreon support.
Show less

Hide 2 replies
Cynthia Lambert
Cynthia Lambert
20 minutes ago (edited)
You misjudge me. First of all, I wasn't the first person to call the troll a troll. Yes, I take it on myself to call out the trolls. Like you, I don't like the negativity that they bring, only I'm not afraid to tell them so. I ran two Facebook groups of over 100,000 people each. I can spot a troll a mile away. "Stating concerns" and being nasty are two separate things. And many of the trolls are being sent here from a particular group. They also troll Dan's, Kirsty's, Marie's and Selmar's vlogs and anyone else having anything to do with Lalande. It's their goal in life to be miserable. If you watch every vlog, you'll soon see who they are. Same people every time.
Show less

Pixielz
8 minutes ago
@Cynthia Lambert Nobody wants to know who you are, unless you actually are the spokesperson of this channel. You always write to people in such an unkind acusatory manner, when you are the biggest troll of them all. How about you calm down and just enjoy the vlogs.
Show less

#3 Congratulations to Marquis de Potpourri

Is anyone here a patron/follower of the Lalacelles?
Did that visit and homage to the Princess of Lalande pay off with new patrons and followers?
That's a nice chair though.
View attachment 793524

Shall we start calling that new bathroom, The Bird Bath?
View attachment 793525

Didn't anyone mention the horrible state of their heating system on the last thread?
Looks like the geothermal heating system that was supposed to be conveniently manageable for one woman now takes
5 people to maintain/fix.
View attachment 793526

Hanukkah comes early this year....late November!
I guess BJJ is as excited as I am for the holidays! 🎄
View attachment 793528

That paint job was most likely done by two first-graders from Ecole Crevant in 2005!
View attachment 793536

Dan and his work wife should buy and renovate a chateau too! They could doll it up in a year! ;) :LOL:
View attachment 793532

🧜‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 28
brace-yourself-winter-is-coming.jpg

Thanks for organising and obvs I love the title. Off to winter proof Gibson Towers.🤣

I meant to reply to @MidCenturyMadOne and @Beau Monde last evening. I am pretty sure there is also an earlier version than the David Niven Canterville Ghost.
David Niven is a superb and underrated actor. I thoroughly enjoyed reading his autobiography 'The Moon's a Balloon!'

Back to the shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Patreon is a legitimate platform, it is how the money is spent that most object to. Most look to the accountability of fund spending.
Given the lifestyle choices- Michael wanted to raise funds for his cottage renovation- mainly pays someone else to renovate and then parties hard with rent boys and chucks money down the drain and is drained.
Money maybe better given to those who need it, I find it a weird juxtaposition that people will throw money at these YouTubers for living an a life most can only dream of whilst walking past more needy people.
Personally I don't believe in Patreon or supporting anyone via this platform.
It is a legitimate platform indeed but it is beyond me how anyone would give money for someone just because they feel they have to renovate an old house without the necessary funds and then being disappointed when these dreamers can't handle the sudden wealth or spend it on something else. It happens when you give money to strangers.

I

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks for the new thread !

As someone in the previous thread said, Selmar and Tatyana have posted a 2nd vlog about...themselves !

The sound is so awful that I can understand only half of what they say.

Tatyana says that her father is American and her mother is ?? Genovian ???

She explains about her life in England, her shop and BnB (??) here.

Could an english speaker Tattler translate what they say for the rest of us, pleaaaase ? :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
1633457167837.png

From the gift grab live chat...

Chateau Unwrapped! I can’t believe you made the premiere on time, @philip janssen !
Philip Janssen @Chateau Unwrapped! What do you mean?
Renée-Claude MorinIs Phillip back to Lalande?
Philip Janssen @Renée-Claude Morin I am!

lublushizn @Philip Janssen- can we have a quick update from Isabelle and Percy in a vlog again? miss hearing from them! thanks for the consideration
Philip Janssen @ilublushizn I’ll ask Steph!
Percy Attfield Hello and thank you for all the personalised message. Isabelle and I are well in New Castle, South Africa about 4 hours from our home tonight.

CasperP @Philip Janssen do you know where Tatyana is from? UK?
Philip Janssen @CasperP She lives in the UK!

Philip Janssen @Sharon I’m back at Lalande! I’ll go back to the Netherlands in a couple of weeks :)
Sharon @Philip Janssen I am so excited for you. You get to perform. It is the best feeling. Do you have and IG. I would love to follow you.
Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen will you be at LaLande for Christmas?

Cristina Preda Philip you look so much better shaven!
Philip Janssen @Cristina Preda I had to shave as we were taking the photos for the poster of the musical I’m in! I play a 17 year old
Philip Janssen @Elizabeth rial I’ll be in two! One in December called “Lelies” (I’m playing one of the leads) and the other one in the next year.

Chrissy Philip I hope you video a bit of your trip for us
Philip Janssen @Chrissy I’m not sure, I’ll think about it :)

Chateau Unwrapped! Hello again everyone! I’m sorry I haven’t been in the premiere, we’re all celebrating a guest’s birthday tonight
Chateau Unwrapped! We miss you @philip Janssen !

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts is it being screened online/ @Philip Janssen
Philip Janssen @Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts I don’t think so, but I might post the odd clip when the time comes :)
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Thank you Philip as some theatres screen online in UK look forward to it @Philip Janssen
Philip Janssen @Elizabeth rial It’s really dramatic and in Dutch.. it’s one of my favourite musicals, so I feel so incredibly fortunate I’m playing my favourite part in it
Philip Janssen @Elizabeth rial I don’t think there’s a translation online, but I might write a synopsis in English in December :)

Carol Z @Philip Janssen I hope Stephanie does an interview with you soon. I’d love to know more about how you came to have such well developed taste and extensive knowledge of antiques at your age. UNUSUAL.
Philip Janssen @Carol Z Thank you so much! We’ll try and find the time soon :)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Thanks for the new thread !

As someone in the previous thread said, Selmar and Tatyana have posted a 2nd vlog about...themselves !

The sound is so awful that I can understand only half of what they say.

She explains about her life in England, her shop and BnB (??) here.

Could an english speaker Tattler translate what they say for the rest of us, pleaaaase ? :)

She’s got a b&b in Suffolk on the Suffolk/Norfolk border. I’m sure she says her mother is from Jamaica. I’m going to go back and listen again 🙉

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Hello, everyone! I have missed so much being MIA but I am all caught up now. Random thoughts:

* I can’t get past Tatty’s eyebrows. I survived the 90s brows intact, she could have as well.

* GaG yesterday, Fanny seems out of sort as she can’t get a read on Tatty. “Do you like this, you should have this candle it matches your outfit, etc. (note: I am going on my second week of not feeling well, so please don’t judge my having watched it.) it is just odd to see Stef, well, sucking up? Very out of character for someone who normally reserves that for people who can benefit her, and those people only.

* Over under on Amaury retooling the heating and getting it fixed out of sheer frustration and desire to stay warm? Or at least patched better than it ever has been?

* Dan. It is very clear (and he has now said it himself) his inspiration is Casey Neistat. Nothing wrong with that, Casey is incredibly talented and a good role model for a vlogger, but assuming someone else’s persona and copying their editing style almost directly leads to a lack of authenticity. And I like Dan. (Sometimes he reminds me of a young Dave Gahan, and if you know, you know.)

* The first Christies vignette explanation was actually informative and charming, and it ensures she can write off that McQueen dress.

ok, back to lurking. Everyone take care.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Picking up on a previous post, Christie's is implicated in this world wide network of pirated artifacts. No one should do business with them, think of their endorsement as an honor, think of them as arbiters of taste, or of their hallmark as a fair ascription of value to goods.
Ah poop it wants me to subscribe in order to read the article. Good find though.

Reactions: 3
Comment from MPK’s Narc Award video. Whoa! My advice to dickpet…take the red pill!!! 😆

C4CDFED5-1212-49E8-9E79-63155D8B8D92.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Hello, everyone! I have missed so much being MIA but I am all caught up now. Random thoughts:

* I can’t get past Tatty’s eyebrows. I survived the 90s brows intact, she could have as well.

* GaG yesterday, Fanny seems out of sort as she can’t get a read on Tatty. “Do you like this, you should have this candle it matches your outfit, etc. (note: I am going on my second week of not feeling well, so please don’t judge my having watched it.) it is just odd to see Stef, well, sucking up? Very out of character for someone who normally reserves that for people who can benefit her, and those people only.

* Over under on Amaury retooling the heating and getting it fixed out of sheer frustration and desire to stay warm? Or at least patched better than it ever has been?

* Dan. It is very clear (and he has now said it himself) his inspiration is Casey Neistat. Nothing wrong with that, Casey is incredibly talented and a good role model for a vlogger, but assuming someone else’s persona and copying their editing style almost directly leads to a lack of authenticity. And I like Dan. (Sometimes he reminds me of a young Dave Gahan, and if you know, you know.)

* The first Christies vignette explanation was actually informative and charming, and it ensures she can write off that McQueen dress.

ok, back to lurking. Everyone take care.
SJ knows Tatty is street smart maybe? Not as gullible as your average bear. She doesn't gush all over the "queen of Versailles" as everyone in her circle does. At least not yet.. Hold out,Tatty!!!!! Resist! Resist!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Jamaican. Lots of strains of beautiful people in Jamaica, one of the hardiest being Afro Chinese.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
In the last thread I was not able to view about 90% of the shared videos. Are others having that problem?

I think it was @Dippy Hippy that asked about advantages of heating with a geothermal system. The main advantage is that you are harnessing the warmer air from a well that has been drilled. The system extracts the warmer air which requires less energy to heat. It is more energy efficient as you are not heating the colder air from the outside. The drawback is that you have added costs which include the drilling of the well and pipes leading to your system. You also have to have enough land to accommodate this. I’m not familiar with geo thermal functioning with a boiler system. I’m familiar with an electric forced air system. SJ would have had to add duck work for that easier with new construction however they did strip everything back to the studs. A boiler system may be more energy efficient. She needs to address the doors, windows, insulation etc. otherwise she is heating the outdoors. As been noted here many times. It is frustrating you just want to shake her to the reality. She says she likes it cold, seriously why do you run around with a hot water bottle and closet yourself in your boudoir under the covers.
I think it has been mentioned before on here that maybe it was a botched install. These systems do need regular maintenance at least twice a year. Since she does not have forced air I doubt she has the ability to use her system to provide air conditioning.
Heat pumps as I have been told have an average of 15 yrs of life and similar for the forced air furnaces. So you are looking at approximately $20,000 plus. Gone are the days where furnaces lasted 25 - 50 yrs!
For Americans on here This old house did a very interesting install of an energy efficient heat pump boiler system, I think it was last season.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 795543

From the gift grab live chat...

Chateau Unwrapped! I can’t believe you made the premiere on time, @philip janssen !
Philip Janssen @Chateau Unwrapped! What do you mean?
Renée-Claude MorinIs Phillip back to Lalande?
Philip Janssen @Renée-Claude Morin I am!

lublushizn @Philip Janssen- can we have a quick update from Isabelle and Percy in a vlog again? miss hearing from them! thanks for the consideration
Philip Janssen @ilublushizn I’ll ask Steph!
Percy Attfield Hello and thank you for all the personalised message. Isabelle and I are well in New Castle, South Africa about 4 hours from our home tonight.

CasperP @Philip Janssen do you know where Tatyana is from? UK?
Philip Janssen @CasperP She lives in the UK!

Philip Janssen @Sharon I’m back at Lalande! I’ll go back to the Netherlands in a couple of weeks :)
Sharon @Philip Janssen I am so excited for you. You get to perform. It is the best feeling. Do you have and IG. I would love to follow you.
Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen will you be at LaLande for Christmas?

Cristina Preda Philip you look so much better shaven!
Philip Janssen @Cristina Preda I had to shave as we were taking the photos for the poster of the musical I’m in! I play a 17 year old
Philip Janssen @Elizabeth rial I’ll be in two! One in December called “Lelies” (I’m playing one of the leads) and the other one in the next year.

Chrissy Philip I hope you video a bit of your trip for us
Philip Janssen @Chrissy I’m not sure, I’ll think about it :)

Chateau Unwrapped! Hello again everyone! I’m sorry I haven’t been in the premiere, we’re all celebrating a guest’s birthday tonight
Chateau Unwrapped! We miss you @philip Janssen !

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts is it being screened online/ @Philip Janssen
Philip Janssen @Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts I don’t think so, but I might post the odd clip when the time comes :)
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Thank you Philip as some theatres screen online in UK look forward to it @Philip Janssen
Philip Janssen @Elizabeth rial It’s really dramatic and in Dutch.. it’s one of my favourite musicals, so I feel so incredibly fortunate I’m playing my favourite part in it
Philip Janssen @Elizabeth rial I don’t think there’s a translation online, but I might write a synopsis in English in December :)

Carol Z @Philip Janssen I hope Stephanie does an interview with you soon. I’d love to know more about how you came to have such well developed taste and extensive knowledge of antiques at your age. UNUSUAL.
Philip Janssen @Carol Z Thank you so much! We’ll try and find the time soon :)
I so hope Snorts makes some little friends while making these "epic" theater debuts and stays up north. Absence does NOT make the heart grow fonder.

I absolutely did not hear Jamaican.....otherwise why would Selmar say that that would surprise a lot of viewers?
Because having ancestors from Jamaica would NOT be a surprise .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.