The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole story is so strange: the online auction sale is ongoing, and Christies are not using the vignettes in any way at all.. so what is everybody thinking, maybe that the vignettes will encourage CD viewers to bid online... seriously? The main stuff they (YT-CD viewers) seem to get excited about is spode ware, toile de jouy, and stuffed hedgehogs (my personal pet peeve).
They have one vignette featured on their webpage for The Collector auction. I didn't see any others.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My Canadian-born-and-raised mother just reminded me tonight that our family is celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday! We've always celebrated both Canadian and American Thanksgiving days. :giggle:

When I was in the Edmonton area last, I visited the fascinating Ukrainian Cultural Village! Heard so many inspiring stories about Ukrainians, Poles, and other Slavic people settling in the area and was played a huge part in building the prairies. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend!
You too!!

Reactions: 4
She seemed to be driving to meet her mother with a carful of belongings. Does she like to take her own table with her wherever she housesits or is she travelling around in the flower hearse with everything she owns?
Her journal is better than the previous effort but did she really need to include the part where she tells us that she has been crying because the dogs ran away and that she twisted her ankle? A little bit of advice Marie, you aren't ready to look after a dog, especially as you don't even have a home for yourself and have to rely on the charity of strangers to house you. Put on your big girl pants and start to live like a grownup.
Probably used as a picnic table in a random lay-by, cup de sac, car park during a pitstop on one of her epic cross country drives.

And speaking of drives and journeys, all I cam say to Jason (comment on FRK's latest vlog) is that, yes, it's been one helluva of a journey: thousands of miles and counting:

jason nash13 hours ago
I truly am amazed and so proud Marie just how far you have come. It has honestly been a great pleasure to share your journey with you. I love these journals beautifully edited by Sarah. Thankyou so much for sharing 😘😘

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
That irked me the most when watching the video journal.

Lost the ball

I wished she'd get checked for the likes of ADHD, many a times have we on Tattle wondered if she has a cognitive disorder regarding processing information. It would help her, get the real help she might need.

Also, her mother and step father look like decent people.
Just like you, I believe we may be looking at a mild cognitive issue. Part of that would be the lack of insight as to the possible need for a check up/testing. It was sheer lunacy to breach the privacy and security of her host. Not to mention highly discourteous. I'd be furious, tearing my hair out if I were the host.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
More from, (to date the most painful flog), yesterday's live chat.

BJJ, will you just acknowledge Tony's, Fringe Frog and Tassel. He has now asked you at least three times.

Tony InLosAngeles I’m seriously going to have to yell at someone to turn down the music
Tony InLosAngeles @philp Janssen your hair is spot on
Tony InLosAngeles @Philip Janssen that instagram for you @fringefrogandtassel there is a book of the same name… enjoy

I can't bear to watch Anna and Ed.
Linda Elliott Hello @ Philip Janssen did you see Edd has a lovely gift for you
Philip Janssen @Linda Elliott I didn’t, what is it? Do I need to be worried?
Philip Janssen @Lisa Akinlabi @Linda Elliott Now I am worried
Linda Elliot tMan up @ Philip Janssen Edd and Anna will be taking great care until you can collect in person
Linda Elliott@ Lisa Akinlabi I think we have @ Philip Janssen a little worried

How many goodies came home to Lalande???
Lisa Akinlabi @the Chateau Diaries I hope you got some goodies from your Christies colab.
The Chateau Diaries @Johanna BAUMGARTNER - OBSESSED WITH EXCLUSIVITY Me too! They're all amazing
Lance Rourke Is Stephanie's chair the one that was purchased on the great shopping trip a couple of episodes back?
The Chateau Diaries @Lance Rourke Yes, it's actually Philip's chair, but he's lent it to me for filming!
Cara Winsor Hehir@The Chateau Diaries what happened to the wallpaper panels after the photoshoot? the thought that they would be painted over for later projects makes me wanna cry.
The Chateau Diaries @Cara Winsor Hehir Christie's kept the wallpaper and fabrics and I'm sure they'll go to very happy homes

Prison play talk...
JOHANNA BAUMGARTNER - OBSESSED WITH EXCLUSIVITY @Philip Janssen How was your trip to NL and your musical appearance/ role?
Philip Janssen @Johanna BAUMGARTNER - OBSESSED WITH EXCLUSIVITY It was great, thank you! I’ll have to go back and forth between France and the Netherlands the next couple of months for rehearsals :)
DeAnn P @Philip Janssen So glad you are able to travel for rehearsals. please stay safe and you travel
Chrissy Philip so excited for your play!! Don’t forget us when you are even more famous
Philip Janssen @Chrissy Don’t worry
elizabeth rial @Philip Janssen - what are the dates of your musical?
steflusk @Philip Jansen did you talk about this play on the vlogs? I don’t recall hearing about this before. Best of luck, you’ll be great I’m sure!

Nutti knows it is not going well, when they have lost Jetje.
jetje goes dutch sorry peeps but my laptop is acting up.. chat and video both buffering.. See you at Marie i will be ready with my video by then xxxx
Natasha @jetje goes dutch hello baby sis, hope no more troubles

Problems...
Michael Morrison Ugggggh….YouTube kept showing no video today. Sorry I’m late @Philip Janssen @the Chateau Diaries You look gorgeous! I’m anxious to see this from the beginning.
Philip Janssen @Michael Morrison No worries
Philip Janssen @Michael Morrison It had some issues uploading, so it premiered 15 minutes later than usual :)
Michael Morrison @Philip Janssen Awww! So I’m not an idiot LOL I was like, today is Thursday, isn’t it?
Judith Barden @Michael Morrisson I was wonding about the day too. Most disconcerting.

Let's add Donna to the mix...
Donna Davis Art Just popping in I know I'm so late OH lovely things

No, no it wasn't.
Percy Attfield Another educational with fun in attention.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Just wondering if SJ has ever finished anything at all, ever? Did she graduate from Uni? Perform in an opera? Get a job? Fix the DAMN SHUTTER DOGS?
Talking of that degree....I was thinking about it yesterday: I don't understand how someone with an English degree can have such a limited vocab (repeatedly, I love it, beautiful, amazing etc) and get so many words wrong (remember 'unctuous' when she meant 'sumptuous'? And my 'favourite': bas relief which she pronounces as spelt, not as it should be: ba relief. It's a French term, for goodness sake!
Did someone here mention that she worked in the taxi firm years ago?

Reactions: 8
@lemani Anna and Phillip were begging for a gate?
They weren't "begging" but they were saying they needed one and are saving the Patreon money for it etc. For some reason I felt sorry for them because they have two kids and don't have jobs besides running the B&B and then when Philipp was like check out our Patreon and their finance video rubbed me the wrong way. They kept looking at each other with this look and were very careful with what they were saying like they didn't want to slip up. They're both smart and talented and can get good paying jobs. But I don't think they're short on cash but seems like they're always saying look at out Patreon. meaning, sign up.

Reactions: 11
Of course.... Perhaps, FRK should follow her friend. Education and hard work is the key to SUCCESS. It is never too late to start. Please, stop giving advice to other's.

1633703604238.png
1633703686810.png

• Haha
  • Wow
I'm considering returning to work after retiring from a company I had worked at for 25 years last year, moving across country and resettling near where I grew up. I hadn't considered lipstick namer as a possible next career, so thank you Tattle for the idea!
she said it was a very stressfull job.... :eek: :LOL:

• Haha
Counting off the days on my calendar. Will there be Emmaus fashion workshops?
I
Oh yaasssss! I'm beside myself with excitement! Can't wait!
Looking forward to Chic Coop Interiors, Advanced Begging, Stuffed, Dead or Alive Animal Appreciation, Cuisine brune a la norvégienne and Diggering in the Dark...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
16 hours after premieered :

Already 102 dislikes and only 3.6K likes.

Her viewers definitevely prefer Amaury to Christie's 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Im disappointed at the christies videos too, i had hoped to see them travelling, checking into hotel, choosing her outfits, getting hair blown out, going through the selection process picking items for each vignette. Hearing beforehand about the ideas for each vignette… seeing them grab lunch or dinner after a long days work… usual travel vlog day in the life stuff.

tonights video felt like a manic history lesson, i had to watch it in 4 parts and actially slow it down for a few minutes because her speech/narrative was so fast, thee were so many tangents and different names dropped, so much background info that felt unnecessary… it was like she crammed in everything she had researched just for the sake of it, or to appeal to Christies themselves, not us her viewers.
indeed, a very derailing vlog...just filled with a lot of bla bla bla...and no footage from behind the scenes much....i guess she has enough material made to fill another 5 thursdays..her same outfits means that she made a lot of vlogs in the same day...planning more travel then alone to London i guess...

• Heart
  • Sad
Oh hey, but just think of the vlogs she could fill with the melodrama!
Support Squirrel at her bedside in the hospital, everyone at Chez LaLa bustling around fulfilling her every need, the interruptions to all the 'restorations' because she's such an intrinsic part of it (not)....
Call me cynical...!
We still don't know why she was in hospital the first time round. Promised reveal never materialized as far as I know. I assumed she had fallen down the stairs whilst doing the programme Chateau DIY or something like that and we wouldn't find out until transmission.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
There was another editing error in last night's vlog again, a double sentence that should have been edited out. She's making more and more serious but rookie mistakes, showing she's beginning to loose her touch. Or run out of beginners luck, if you look at it that way. There's always one thing to trust in regards to everything SJ occupies herself with: she will f**k it up herself sooner rather than later.
a lot of vlogs done in a hurry...so that Madame Flash can escape her shittoo as soon as possible...togehter with her support squirrel...btw in a moment of boredom..looked at Edd and Anna...they did a good job with their diningroom btw and were now planning the pool...they found a hedgehog under some palets...and named it Philip :D

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.