The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am from a warm climate where these things are not necessary so can someone help here?

Ammary's suggestion of the new radiators be placed underneath the bay windows seemed odd to me. In winter you would close those heavy curtains against the cold... but thereby blocking the heat from the new radiator? All you would heat is the thin glass panels on the window, surely???
Under the windows is where you usually install radiators in North-Western Europe but the you usually have double or triple insulated mordern windows.

Reactions: 8
There is work done on the heating???? I'm going to watch the vlogs first before I catch up here!

Reactions: 3
A good half of Argentina is cold, and I believe Nati comes from those parts.
Also, Latinos aren't lazy.
I didn't say Latinos I said Nati who seems to have a even bigger wardrobe than Steph and who I never saw doing anything dirty other than opening parcels. From what I remember she is used to heat. And I didn't mean lazy but not used to. Anyone planing to do a days work binds his hairs together first thing in the morning.

Reactions: 12
Gawd, how awful she is, All the manic talking at speed and excessive jolly manner, body language and gestures serve to give the overall impression that she knows she is lying and being deceitful and every time she does a Patreon video, her whole manner suggests that she's cheating them and feels guilty about it so she puts on her "jolly" show and rushes through all the stuff she's embarrassed about. She is infuriating. Once she's rushed through the work being done and the money elements, she then slows down a bit and switches to her slightly less manic presenting style! All the rubbish about now being able to show the pigeon staircase, etc., now it's on the TV show - she's shown all these things loads of time in the vlogs already!
I really wish she would stop acting like an over-excited 6 year old girl; at a birthday party; it's annoying enough in a spoilt child but is way more annoying in a spoilt middle aged woman! And the almost equally annoying SS is already acting as if he's in charge of planning!
...This👍...a first year interrogator could get her confession within an hour. 😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for that tip! MP only has 13.5 million!!!
I find it really interesting how content creators are figuring out how to earn a living these days. Christene McConnell only has 8.2 mil views on youtube but 13,552 patreons. She has to be making bank from patreon. Garden Answer has 270m views on youtube, no patreon but big sponsors. Also active facebook pages, I think some creators are making a lot from that (Arms Family). SV Delos has a buy me a beer which is probably a good amount. People really seem to want to be their friends, lol. Also active Instagram pages. Anyway, that was totally off topic but I find this new way of earning a living really fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
3) A new boiler - great, at last! Let's just sit back and watch it blow out all the old radiators...😤
Omg that's exactly what I was thinking last night! I was too lazy to come here and post about it, but this will absolutely happen! In fact the whole system can go boom if they don't take into account the additional pressure!

It's like watching Titanic sync 🙈 except Titanic was an actual work of art!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you @Phoenix Richards-Bingham for sharing the patreon video. I see that Fanny was tottering around her grounds wearing totally unsuitable shoes AGAIN ! It's a wonder she doesn't come a cropper :oops:
Oh hey, but just think of the vlogs she could fill with the melodrama!
Support Squirrel at her bedside in the hospital, everyone at Chez LaLa bustling around fulfilling her every need, the interruptions to all the 'restorations' because she's such an intrinsic part of it (not)....
Call me cynical...!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I didn't say Latinos I said Nati who seems to have a even bigger wardrobe than Steph and who I never saw doing anything dirty other than opening parcels. From what I remember she is used to heat. And I didn't mean lazy but not used to. Anyone planing to do a days work binds his hairs together first thing in the morning.
Hhm, that's something I wonder about Kirsty.
When I'm working in my house and garden, I always tie my hair and my hair is only chin-length.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He does not. His brother has two kids. He left them with his wife when he started a relationship with somebody else.
So is Chantal calling this child a grandson because Amaury was in a relationship with his mum at that time, though the kiddo isn't a blood relative? This boy is older than the 2 kids in Jonathan's photo, and there are photos of all 3 boys separate from these ones, so definitely 3 kids.

Reactions: 2
Superfans getting paranoid ! 😂

Eileen W
5 hours ago
12 radiators leaking? What was the reason for the leaks? I sure hope there is not a saboteur in your midst!

Side note : according to their comments, Chateau Diaries has reached 40 million views ?
Yes it has....

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 09.50.55.jpg

EDIT: sorry I just saw this was answered

Omg that's exactly what I was thinking last night! I was too lazy to come here and post about it, but this will absolutely happen! In fact the whole system can go boom if they don't take into account the additional pressure!

It's like watching Titanic sync 🙈 except Titanic was an actual work of art!
did I just spell sink as sync? LOL
technology is taking over my brain.. I'm afraid I am a lost cause!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Race was never mentioned until you said it.
It was actually the first thing that came to mind when I read that post. Why would anyone compare the two? The only thing they have in common is they are mixed race.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A good half of Argentina is cold, and I believe Nati comes from those parts.
Also, Latinos aren't lazy.
...not only are Latinos not lazy...by any paradigm...they are extremely street smart and can smell a rat. great people.

Reactions: 5
Chicken house got raised at least a few feet up.

China pantry on hold. Though Ian may sneak in there and finish the plastering, then Matt can do the tiles ... the cabinets will wait for Amaury when he has time in the future.

The toilet for the downstairs loo is here, so they have EVERYTHING for it ... but she wants Selmar to finish it and he's off doing other jobs for other people ... so we wait more

The shutterdogs got mentioned, for all you shutterdoggers! She's in no hurry to have them put on. Matt will put them on sometime over the winter ... she's zen about them, and many other things!

She's doing another secret project with CDIY which will take Anne Marie's time for a couple weeks.

I appreciate Anne Marie's work on the new shutters, but I swear this is the FOURTH time she's had a long conversations with him about how he's doing it ... once was enough, now it is BORING.

Oct 13 & 14 they should be on Chateau DIY with the front entrance and pigeon stair case.
There is another project, a small entrance we rarely see that she's done with them as well, and it should be out in not too long.
And Gerry's apartment is also a secret project with them ... but they have just gotten it to the stage we see Natti's apartment at, so doesn't sound very interesting.

Philip explained the lighting plans for Natti's

They talked about the missing peachick and visited the peacocks and the chickens ... Philip misses the previous chick that went missing ...

And we visited the upstairs shower room AGAIN and it isn't any different then the last visit. We did get to see the pink tiles that will go in there ... they looked a bit better than the photo ... juries out though. The wallpaper comes in a couple of weeks. (Josie is a wallpaperer and would have liked to help with a wallpaper job).

Josie and Tatti are working really well together in the kitchen. Very kind words for each other.

I'm seasick from watching what I did watch ...
I like Josie. And I want that cake!
And I want to sneak some into Snorts big wishy -washy mouth and see what happens!

With her latest patron f**kery SJ once and for all tanked the argument used by the majority of her patrons of only paying her for the extra content she provides there. Each and every bit of what she showed was shown to us all for free in either Dan’s or Selmar’s vlogs and even in her own, in case her patrons hadn’t seen it..right…because why would patrons watch your regular tit… she is so far behind on reality it is actually painful to watch.
Yes and she basically thanked the Patreon money for paying for the expensive but much needed new boiler and radiator replacement. I don't consider that "restoration", but the Patreons are too stupid to care I guess on where their money is spent.
It is just ridiculous that NOTHING is getting finished. Nothing!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. SJ is quite happy to thrust a camera in front of people and uses footage that doesn't always show others in their best light. It's good to see her on the other end of this for a change.
I meant what he called her was being mean. (Gilf).Very creepy too.

It was actually the first thing that came to mind when I read that post. Why would anyone compare the two? The only thing they have in common is they are mixed race.
Not two women who set out to target complete strangers for a relationship? 🤔

Reactions: 16
He is one of the "oldest" and most active superfans on the live chat (and earlier in the comments section).

He loved to make a remark about his (French origin) name : Lalande (quite a common name in France).
In England many people's ancestors took their original surnames from the place at which they worked ( as agricultural labourers or servants in the big house).
Thus Joe Downton's ancestors might have worked for the family at Downton Abbey 500 years ago. Or they lived in Downton village nearby.

Is that how some French surnames evolved too? That is, were David Lalande's ancestors Lalande villagers, workers at a Chateau Lalande or were they the Lords?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.