The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of châteaux, I've found a wonderful property (which once belonged to one of Napoleon's generals) in the south of France that I'm seriously thinking of buying - an eighteenth-century château with outbuildings, a maison de guardien, and 100 hectares of land near Nice, with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean ...
Did that general go to pick up Marie Antoinette though? Not worth it if not.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
ok so am I the only person who just watch Curtis Ryan Woodside new flog? I actually wanted to watch for the recipe and to see him doing some DIY... but my eyes could only focus on his crotch. 😵😵😵

Wonder if Phyllis likes him more than Stefanny?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Hot water bottles for all the guestrooms at Lalande??? That is not a glowing endorsement. 🥶

View attachment 799285
1d
mor_is_mor's profile picture's profile picture
mor_is_mor
Snuggled up under @yvesdelormeparis bedding with my matching green hot water bottle looking at the fountain view from my @chateaudelalande window while I make an appointment to see this beauty next week… 🙏🏻🤞🏻
#dreamtrip #ifnotnowwhen #thirdact #france🇫🇷
And how unhygienic, the sharing of hot water bottles. What next?
There's miles of fabric in the attic. At least covers could be sewn.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Speaking of heating systems, we thought Chateau de Beau Monde was going to need a new heating system to the tune of $12,000. But we got another estimate today and the serviceman said our furnace was perfectly OK, just had a wonky connection, which he fixed. What a relief.
My parents had the repairman out to look at their furnace yesterday. Everyone was happy it was just some clogged air holes and an easy fix.

I get my chimney swept every summer. This year he said I can go 2 or 3 years between sweeping because it's never badly sooted.

Reactions: 15
Tried to watch or listen to CD today....as I cleaned my kitchen all I heard was, blah, blah, blah....
And then I finally looked at the screen....to see the 2nd vignette....😯😒
She has no color sense!!!
Why would you lay fabric over the back of the chair that totally clashes with the hideous red table top...
Then pick 1960's pink candkesticks.....and those blue glasses....again, like the room she was taping in today at the Shanty....just a conglomeration of crap. No cohesiveness. Where were the Christies employees that were overseeing this nightmare???

• Heart
  • Haha
Tried to watch or listen to CD today....as I cleaned my kitchen all I heard was, blah, blah, blah....
Thanks for the summary. I have heard enough not to watch it myself 😂

Reactions: 12
She has no color sense!!!
Why would you lay fabric over the back of the chair that totally clashes with the hideous red table top...
Then pick 1960's pink candkesticks.....and those blue glasses....again, like the room she was taping in today at the Shanty....just a conglomeration of crap. No cohesiveness. Where were the Christies employees that were overseeing this nightmare???
Whereas I couldn’t help but notice that the wallpaper either side of that less wonky blue candle in the middle have been hung different ways if you look at the ‘shadow’ of the trellis pattern.
05EEA3B2-F341-4F1C-B30E-74E7CE70D142.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Snuggled up under @yvesdelormeparis bedding with my matching green hot water bottle looking at the fountain view from my @chateaudelalande window while I make an appointment to see this beauty next week… 🙏🏻🤞🏻
#dreamtrip #ifnotnowwhen #thirdact #france🇫🇷
If I was a paying guest I would want a big old discount for having a hot water bottle for warmth!

Still trying to finish SJ latest ....I have to do lots of skipping ... god what a boring "know it all" she is , like a old school teacher .... that insane shopping for food, do not go there with that wallpaper ... I don't care how much it costs - its a shocker! SJ rammed in so much crap in those Christie's Rooms , its just so gaudy and tizzy !!!
If you wanted to use that wallpaper you would need to pair it with black bamboo chinoiserie furniture and not a ton of it !

Morning All !

• Heart
Selmar's vlog is out. He is being filmed by Tatty opening gifts in his lovemobile. Is this a sign that he is being pushed to the side?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.