The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've given up on DIO, never watched Ryan 🤢 or Sadie, gave up the GAG ages ago, and am getting dizzy from the latest lala vlogs. Headache inducing and too chaotic for me. It all went downhill for me with the arrival of BJJ, such a half-formed and ineffectual fluff.
Will not give up tattle though!
So I'm enjoying Dan, and have watched a bit of the Fleuries. While I don't like their plugging of patreon and sponsored segments, Anna works hard and seems very capable and Philip (sp?) is hilarious.
That's enough for me, it's meant to be entertainment after all, not pain?!?!
I watch DIO and CD just so I can keep up in here...but I do watch other things, too. I've just watched 2 vlogs on Sarah Beeny's Restoration Nightmare where they're reno-ing Rise Hall. It's actually pretty interesting.

Reactions: 8
I was surprised he'll get all his machinery from England. I thought he had a business there ... doesn't seem to be going well ...
I’m surprised he wants to stay
At the hell hole.
then again, perhaps the video exposure is flattering to his ego 😏😏😏

Why does philip have to use car to go to netherlands... Surely there r public transportation... Is he that much of a posh princess who will turn into ashes in public transport

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just watched the latest CD vlog and I could just kick SJ in the butt ... You Had your Birthday witch!
OMG .... on and on it goes like a child who must have the attention ALL the time.
I felt sorry for Tatt's and Selmar ... it should have been a party for welcoming Just Tatt's but Noooo.... the old girl had to be the centre of attention and bring up her bloody birthday .... its been and gone girl !!!
Sorry, but I cannot stand people like SJ .... they do not care for anyone or thing ... just themselves.
Just look at the poor helpless chickens and don't go there with the stupid framed needlework in the coops! Put that money to good fencing for them! It grates my teeth when she coo's over the peacock chic's ..... they are all on their own - good luck with your chicks peacock mother ! Fanny won't help but , oh you make such good videos for my $$$ Channel ! The woman is such a hideous , horrid thing.

Squirrel Boy ... if you think hitching your wagon to her for a easy fun life ... think again. You will have to dance attention on her everyday for the rest of your life ( or , however long she wants you around ) and the older it gets the harder it gets.
You will want to poison her in the end!!

Oh .... Good Morning All .... I have to relax , have a herbal tea and calm down but isn't it interesting .... sometimes she does something and it really gets under your skin at times .
Some days it slides off but not this vlog for me today ! :love:
I feel you 😂
Poor Fanny, she's lost without her support mammal. There's two love couples in the house concentrating on each other, Cat was leaving, there's nobody to give her her daily dose of fawning adoration. There she was alone in her room talking to her camera. When she came down in her shiniest costume (a narc is always the bride of every wedding and the corpse of every funeral) completely missing the mark dressed as 1920's New York Great Gatsby flabber girl yet nobody giving her attention, she drove the next morning to Belgium. It's a short drive to see her darling boyfriend from Nic's. This is an emergency. Probably he doesn't have the time for her either. Poor Philip, he'll learn it's all his fault :LOL: Hopefully she doesn't order him to return immediately to his more important work at Lalande.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Doesn't Phillip have a car?

Look SJ or whoever reads this in your behalf. I get you are trying to cultivate wealthy patreons, however the 32K a month is not going to last for years. Make hay why the sun shines. Sit down with AnneMarie and the owners and discuss the critical property issues you have and use the money for heating, water, windows and the facade. It is not sexy, however I think you could attract MORE money and sponsorship if you did. People would be soooooo sympathetic. At some stage your fans will ask about the lake - which with the chapel was the original reason for the patreon being established.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I would like to know as well if they're allowed to continue with risk assessments (in case the barrier brakes due to for example flooding and the lake drains suddenly in to the stream) and a survey for the impact of rising ground water levels (for nearby roads, wells, lower fields.) She hasn't mentioned the lake for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Doesn't Phillip have a car?

Look SJ or whoever reads this in your behalf. I get you are trying to cultivate wealthy patreons, however the 32K a month is not going to last for years. Make hay why the sun shines. Sit down with AnneMarie and the owners and discuss the critical property issues you have and use the money for heating, water, windows and the facade. It is not sexy, however I think you could attract MORE money and sponsorship if you did. People would be soooooo sympathetic. At some stage your fans will ask about the lake - which with the chapel was the original reason for the Patreon being established.
He doesn't seem to have one. Lalande technically has only one working vehicle, SJ's Ford Fiesta. Does her mother's Jaguar still work?

SJ's three biggest projects (Natti's and Gerry's apartments, and the paneling in the not-so-grand salon) are her current priorities. Her plan is to just repair or replace what breaks but has no solid plans for redoing any of the more important things: 1) structural integrity, 2) heating, 3) electrical, 4) windows/doors, and 5) the facade. Her next biggest project is Davy's garden. She has programmed her patrons to think that having "a lot of things going on at the same time" is impressive. But what's the use of more apartments and a massive garden when the chateau is crumbling?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Excellent 🧵title suggestion from Iolander: The bride of every wedding and the corpse of every funeral

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Certainly, Steffie is no respecter of boundaries. IMHO, she's very immature in at least that respect. She is one of those people to whom one can never entrust one's own fragile boundaries. They're open season for people like her.
Very true. In retrospect, I think it was especially Frank who was the fragile one. Even though he tends to look stronger, Ivo is a much gentler person. Frank went through a lot of difficult episodes before and had a terrible burn out at some point from which he never truly recovered physically and he was left with a rather low self esteem regarding his capabilities and talents (my imho, based on what I've seen him do and heard him say). Running the shitshow for SJ, taking care of everything for her, probably made him feel in control again. Until he found out he wasn't as SJ/IJ pulled the rug right underneath him. Did they also stay because they got something out of the transactional relationship? Probably. Did they leave when they realized it was no longer worth their sanity? Just as probable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Then those guys who got their hair cut must have been in on the joke as that was real hair (as far as I could tell) that the hair cutter put into the jar!!!...Sorry, I'm not bashing you when I say that I really didn't find it amusing.

We have a similar thing but with a dry erase board. As we need something we write it on the board and then on the next shopping run we write it down on paper to take with us to the store.
Too 20th century, take a photo of the board on a phone.
One of those chickens might end up in the AGA 😆…to the horror of baby Ernest! 😳
Well the turkey definitely will.

Was that a nicotine patch on Ann Marie's upper thigh during Pilates. Odd placing even if it was only a bandaid.

What ever happened to the dried tomatoes that IJ spent ages doing last year. That expensive machine must be covered in a layer of dust along with the Dyson airwrap that has been made redundant by the babybliss curler that cost a quarter of the Dyson.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
She'll probably pop over to The Netherlands to see her partner.
This was why she was there in the first place, she could not be away from him any longer. So silly to ruin your own timeline this way, as in the vlog she made a huge point of them renting a car so he could venture out on his own. And that impersonal goodbye on the parking lot of the local supermarket. Does she really think that after all the lies and bad acting we don't know what's really going on?

Every time I see the cottage mentioned, I nod knowingly to myself....then I realised...what cottage? Excuse my ignorance, but have no idea where it is! Does LaLaLand have a separate cottage that we never see? where is it? who lives there now - sorry if thats a whole lot of stupid questions after all this time! 🥴 :unsure:
Its on the end of one of the wings, connected to the shitshow (next to Potty's tacky room) but with a separate entrance. The main door is on the messy courtyard where the entrance to the walled garden is and where Selmar usually parks his camper van.

he is in boardingschool, but they have a week off in the middle of Oktober..
I wish them luck explaining to Antoine why he can't be on camera anymore. If they bring him at all, I know they are seriously considering either not going or leaving Antoine with his biological father, who is no fan of SJ's mannerisms either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
She's sent out a clear message about their relationship with the car. Fillet takes the car, so she needs to hire one because of course he's more than just part of her staff or a volunteer. No public transport for Mummy's little Prince. He'll be grifting for his own car soon ( FRK got one for her "work") so. he'll need a car of his own to pop to and from The Netherlands for his "work." The Gangsta Grannies couldn't stand to think of Fanny's "chosen one" slumming it on the train.
I thought he had his own car when he came back from his visit for family business during lockdown- which is how he managed to bring half the contents of his Grandma's house and her wardrobe with him. Did Mum and Dad take the car away when they came? Perhaps that's why they came and didn't want to be filmed?

Reactions: 24
What totally fries my chicken is she's framing pictures for them but will not constuct a chicken run with a roof and no aperture wider than 45mm, which pine martens -- who party all night long in front of PJ's wildlife cam -- can squeeze through. Pine martens kill chickens for sport, not to eat, and will kill every one they can catch. Per @LaFrancaise123 it seems French poultry owners have some legal obligation to keep chickens safely housed. And not in the too small, grifted and decorated chicken house. With an impermeable plastic sheet on the floor which will collect waste and damage their feet. Grrrrr.
She really should be told this can't go on. I've seen her abuse animals this way for years, pretending to be sad when disaster strikes but do nothing to prevent the next. No living animal (or human) deserves to be at the mercy of her care and lack thereof. If Selmar's Tatty is only half the animal lover she claims to be, this is the time for her to step up to the mike.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
So did Phillip drive SJ's car to pick up his immune sick friend?

Here in OZ we have a QR code - so everytime you enter a store you ping the app to say when you arrived. NOW - gasp everyone. I do not have a mobile phone. Never had one (well I did in the 90's those brick things and a pager for work) The cafe had one. So basically I do the paper registration when I go into a store - I am compliant. I asked the stores what happens to the paper ones and they have all told me, they keep them for 2 weeks and then can ditch them. No sending off anywhere into the big cloud of data. Fabuuulous. Happy with that solution! Not paranoid about these things - just happy that big data has not got the final say....yet.
Yes, and when was the last time we had a covid case in the community here? Lucky to be living on an island close to Antarctica. No one can come in so we don't have lockdowns. Sorry @Pekey - not long to go now?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
FFS. GRR...I loathe all this subterfuge, the deceptions and stupid games.
But then, it's all part of the fantasy illusion in her head - she's truly sick, isn't she...?
She truly is, indeed. And we are not the only ones who think so. From what I've heard the meeting in Brussels was set up to talk business with the not so elusive N, who as we know has strong opinions that SJ usually ignores because she longs to continue on her immoral path and ways. Apparently Potty and the not so elusive N are pretty worried about the Selmar situation too, as they fear another clash could be presenting itself soon.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I am with you there! Sean Connery is my James Bond. ;)
Sean Connery is my favourite James Bond... he is the original.
Dominique "Domino" Durval is my favourite Bond Girl, although Thunderball isn't my favourite movie. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.