The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was odd, I think he was taking her car… and she was using a rental ??? I didn’t get the logic.
She isn’t paying her ward enough money to rent a car and rack up the mileage so SJ loaned Phyllis the car the Nic gave her….and she rented a car to get back to use her tastemaking skills on the chicken’s HMN 2.0 at the ShatO.
Oh and the Patrons paid for it all I’m sure!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Who exactly is Florian ? I think he makes a good match for MP tbh . He seems genuine and has a cute personality

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I just watched CD and at the end figured out that the birthday they were referring to was actually for the lady (guest) sitting down by Selmar and Tatyanna. She blew out the candle on the cake (one of them, Tatyanna blew out the other one) and at the end Stephanie says "happy birthday" and the lady smiled and nodded her head.

Also, at the beginning Stephanie just HAD to rush outside to see the stained glass repairer at the chapel BEFORE getting dressed of course! Even though it was HOURS until the restorer would have the window installed. She just has to run around in her nightclothes! And the wind blowing into the microphone was annoying. I thought they had one of those muffling thingies for that....oh, they were recording on the phone without the external microphone.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I had to work in my office downtown, today, so watched CD from there. Compared notes with my husband later. He was AGOG that they were putting those framed needlepoint pictures in the damned CHICKENCOOP. I just rolled my eyes. He was worried the granny who tatted those needlepoint pics would be offended they're going to be hung in a chickencoop. Isn't that sweet? We've actually been trying to hire someone to needlepoint the frontpiece for a pillow that will read: What A Dump! in florid script but so far, no luck. (Confidential to CD Needlepoint Chicken Lady: I will PAY you cold hard PayPal cash if you take on this job, and I assure you your work will be treated as the priceless treasure it truly is and not as a landingpad for Frenchified chickenshit).
oooh, that pillow sounds fantastic! Have you tried Etsy or a needlepoint shop in your town?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
There is one thing about the Aga - he knows what it is called. As for the tomatoes and chickens - again, clueless in what types they are. Here is a tip teabagger - Apps The CBI (Chicken Breed Identifier) capable of accurately identifying poultry chicken breeds with high accuracy in less than a second.
But he DID identify the chickens! “This one is red, this one is white, this one is grey, this one is speckled…”. 😆 MPK…the Chicken Whisperer! After all, chickens are the new tomato!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She w
I just watched the latest CD vlog and I could just kick SJ in the butt ... You Had your Birthday witch!
OMG .... on and on it goes like a child who must have the attention ALL the time.
I felt sorry for Tatt's and Selmar ... it should have been a party for welcoming Just Tatt's but Noooo.... the old girl had to be the centre of attention and bring up her bloody birthday .... its been and gone girl !!!
Sorry, but I cannot stand people like SJ .... they do not care for anyone or thing ... just themselves.
Just look at the poor helpless chickens and don't go there with the stupid framed needlework in the coops! Put that money to good fencing for them! It grates my teeth when she coo's over the peacock chic's ..... they are all on their own - good luck with your chicks peacock mother ! Fanny won't help but , oh you make such good videos for my $$$ Channel ! The woman is such a hideous , horrid thing.

Squirrel Boy ... if you think hitching your wagon to her for a easy fun life ... think again. You will have to dance attention on her everyday for the rest of your life ( or , however long she wants you around ) and the older it gets the harder it gets.
You will want to poison her in the end!!

Oh .... Good Morning All .... I have to relax , have a herbal tea and calm down but isn't it interesting .... sometimes she does something and it really gets under your skin at times .
Some days it slides off but not this vlog for me today ! :love:
She was singing happy birthday to a guest. The lady at the end of the table.

Less miles on the rental vehicle if it doesn't go to Snorty's but stays local.
Yeah, but Nic bought that car. And it’s getting the miles on it. That should be Flips expense, not Nics. Then she goes to see Nic. I wonder if she went in his car or the rental? Why is her job to save him money on getting to gig that not his job?

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Thanks for playing but both these things were done with scrap woodworm boards. The beds are already in need of repair and the bins made to wrong size. Will see if water runs next spring. Money going, going, gone?
I think he also finished fixing a bed in the bedroom MPK painted (I never remember the names of the rooms)

Reactions: 13
I've given up on DIO, never watched Ryan 🤢 or Sadie, gave up the GAG ages ago, and am getting dizzy from the latest lala vlogs. Headache inducing and too chaotic for me. It all went downhill for me with the arrival of BJJ, such a half-formed and ineffectual fluff.
Will not give up tattle though!
So I'm enjoying Dan, and have watched a bit of the Fleuries. While I don't like their plugging of patreon and sponsored segments, Anna works hard and seems very capable and Philip (sp?) is hilarious.
That's enough for me, it's meant to be entertainment after all, not pain?!?!

Reactions: 26
I've given up on DIO, never watched Ryan 🤢 or Sadie, gave up the GAG ages ago, and am getting dizzy from the latest lala vlogs. Headache inducing and too chaotic for me. It all went downhill for me with the arrival of BJJ, such a half-formed and ineffectual fluff.
Will not give up tattle though!
So I'm enjoying Dan, and have watched a bit of the Fleuries. While I don't like their plugging of patreon and sponsored segments, Anna works hard and seems very capable and Philip (sp?) is hilarious.
That's enough for me, it's meant to be entertainment after all, not pain?!?!
Great description of our least favorite squirrel...half-formed and ineffectual fluff!!! That sums it up in a "nutshell"😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Well said!

As a Boomer I consign him to history, as most Boomers worked hard before we retired. He doesn't deserve to join us. He's just a opportunist sponger.

His mother is Isabelle's sister. His father is English. It was mentioned by someone when he first came to the chateau.

So the French sisters both married Englishmen!

Reactions: 7
Can we please talk about that old lady's piss stained fainting couch in the kitchen that the princess of the farm house refuses to move out of there ! So effing gross .
Thank you !!!
Every time I see that old thing there I think of IJ..... Yik to both of them - chair and her ! :poop:

I just watched CD and at the end figured out that the birthday they were referring to was actually for the lady (guest) sitting down by Selmar and Tatyanna. She blew out the candle on the cake (one of them, Tatyanna blew out the other one) and at the end Stephanie says "happy birthday" and the lady smiled and nodded her head.
Oh..... I did not see that .
OK :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Please tell me this is intentional comedy!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
It's not. :D The lady at the beginning, Reva Cooper Unsicker (1915-1995) was a local music teacher in Peoria, Illinois. For over half a century she taught her fellow congregants and the children of First United Methodist piano, organ, and voice. Twice a year their recitals were shown on a local TV station. This video came from one of the recitals. ;) :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Re begging and patreons on YT, there are many content creators out there with the whole YT package, and not so transparent about what they do with the money, as long as the content is good, that's fine for me
I agree . Though i as well don't enjoy the actual on screen begging ,I usually fast fwd through that. I do think if one buys a chateau one shouldnt expect Patrons to become their funding source if the money runa out, or for something like a commercial kitchen , that they clearly are not suited for ( how many times have we heard Ana fly by the seat of her pants when cooking or baking!) I do agree that at least they are more transparent than most YouTubers. I actually have never encountered a YouTube channel with patreon acct that is transparent with the money they get, until these reno chateau channels. I follow beauty channels, asmr channels, and they literally make a haul of some makeup items and talk about them for 20 minutes and they are making bank with that kind of content and get free stuff shipped to them constantly and they definitely don't viewers know how they ll spend their money.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.