The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Chateau DIY series that Channel 4 have just started showing on the afternoon slot has been 'in the can' for ages and definitely pre Covid. Ed and Anna's daughter is only 6 months old and the wine caves are only just being done. Interesting that the opening credits do not feature lalaland (yet). Possibly the entrance hall with the palm wallpaper will be in this series so the tower stairs to SJ's boudoir may have to wait until the next series or even better on the cutting room floor.

Reactions: 8
they clearly are retired, probably have money from their own...when you can buy a place and decorate it with your own money, have some other sources of income..then you can use the rour rooms as a upkeep for the chateau...not possible if you have to live of it, and pay mortgage...
Wow - that’s passive aggressive their retired ??? Fair play to them retiring in their 50s … a dream for most

they left their jobs - sold their home bought a dream a heap and renovated in 2 years on a savagely tight budget … guess you haven’t seen ETTC … or you’d know 😂

not
Never had a job
Bought a heap
Partial Reno over 16 years
Patron
duck all accomplished

flurries are they “not retired” -
Left their jobs
Bought a heap
Reno .. 2 years

guess it must be the Anglo / Franco situation … with you conte … yer really not feeling the Anglo s ,….,

• Heart
Reactions: 14
His mother is French. He is entitled to have a French passport as a bi-national.

His cousin Steph had some "difficulties" (according to her !) getting her French passport because she had never bothered to ask for one before. But she got one during the first lockdown (if memory serves - or was it before ?).

You are right.
Thought she had an Irish passport (according to some in here) ... all very confusing ... :ROFLMAO: Love your posts btw.

Reactions: 4
COMPARE AND CONTRAST

139697539_126509422642999_2982736451152990128_n.jpg

JANUARY 18
christiesinteriors
Verified

The Art of Entertaining: The Collection of Mr. & Mrs. John H. Gutfreund 834 Fifth Avenue is dedicated the concept of art de vivre. The extensive domestic offices at 834 included a large butler’s pantry and silver vault brimming with porcelain, silver and table decorations.
Bid on beautiful lots, including porcelain and silver, which is sure to look stunning in any home.
The Art of Entertaining: The Collection of Mr. & Mrs. John H. Gutfreund 834 Fifth Avenue, Online, 14-28 January, 2021

1632838468722.png

SJ's and BJJ's sad attempt at a luncheon table setting. How to make beautiful china look cheap.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I am going to Danfend here. He is not really trying to objectifying Amaury or use him as click bait. He is doing it ironically and it is his own humour that is the attraction. He clearly likes Amaury a lot and would not want to objectify or offend him or his female viewers in any way.
beginning to belive the Anti Dan are the battle rally cry 😢 from camp begamania

MOLD considered himself the vlog of all vlogs - visually correct ✅

however Dan has SMASHED any theory MOLD and SSB present

it dosent take days
It dosent take hours to edit

and Dan The Man can do it daily
Without needing constant holidays from the BURDEN of their “Art “
😈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Wow - that’s passive aggressive their retired ??? Fair play to them retiring in their 50s … a dream for most

they left their jobs - sold their home bought a dream a heap and renovated in 2 years on a savagely tight budget … guess you haven’t seen ETTC … or you’d know 😂

not
Never had a job
Bought a heap
Partial Reno over 16 years
Patron
duck all accomplished

flurries are they “not retired” -
Left their jobs
Bought a heap
Reno .. 2 years

guess it must be the Anglo / Franco situation … with you conte … yer really not feeling the Anglo s ,….,
Jane and Steve have always been my favorite chateau owners. ❤

1632839528120.png

• Heart
Reactions: 8
not sure, the way he reacts so shy when he is being filmed. Guess it’s about the money and a free stay. Or he needed to take a break for a change or whatever.

He seems very down to earth, more than most of the gang.
My assumption is that he genuinely is fond of his family. Working for a cousin in a chateau in France probably sounds like a great thing to do for a year or so.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thought she had an Irish passport (according to some in here) ... all very confusing ... :ROFLMAO: Love your posts btw.
Thanks.

Yes, she has an Irish passeport because it was "easier and quicker " (her words) to get one in her case than à French passeport (that she got 2 or 3 months after her Irish one).

AND she has her British passport .

• Wow
Reactions: 10
What's retirement? Can't ever see myself retiring ...
Retiring …. Both of them did 85% of all works - great friends came over for some weekends to help
She’s a Trojan worker did all painting and the mural on the stairs

are they talented yes 🙌 think you need to not be afraid of DIY … or making Do till it’s all fixed

what the show highlights - is how little SSB has achieved in 16 years

as opposed to the grafters that arrive out … and WORK 24/7 to realise a dream

their not lying in bed 🛌 trying to manifest themselves a lotto win 🥇
That’s never going to be used as it was intended.
😈

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They have three phase at the HMN, installed for their non functioning geothermal heating. As a matter of fact these cables are what caused the fire in the main fuse box outside the gardeners cottage years ago, because they were installed wrong (what else is new in SJ's shittoo). With a bit of bad luck there could easily be a repeat of that disaster, because I don't think the matter has been properly dealt with since (what else is new in SJ's shittoo). With two additional apartments and Anne Marie's workshop our frustrations could be over soon. All it takes is one spark ....
Clara..Let's hope it doesn't go up. Your property may be searched for the oily rag and matches :)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think that our US and other non British tattlers do not really 'get' our humour, teasing and banter as seen in Dan's vlog with Amaury yesterday.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They have three phase at the HMN, installed for their non functioning geothermal heating. As a matter of fact these cables are what caused the fire in the main fuse box outside the gardeners cottage years ago, because they were installed wrong (what else is new in SJ's shittoo). With a bit of bad luck there could easily be a repeat of that disaster, because I don't think the matter has been properly dealt with since (what else is new in SJ's shittoo). With two additional apartments and Anne Marie's workshop our frustrations could be over soon. All it takes is one spark ....
The sad thing at HMN is that, from what I've seen, very little gets done professionally (though Ian the #1 builder obviously is as professional possible and Dan does his best - I'd happily employ them both!). We can all see that with proper attention to detail, building codes and standards applicable to hospitality premises, most of the mistakes and re-dos would be sorted - and jobs would get done within a reasonable time. Please forgive me if I've misunderstood, @Clara Burnett, but I don't share any frustrations that could be resolved by mal-installed electrics leading to the ignition of a fire.
I just wish that the kidults in charge would grow up and apply themselves, as a matter of priority and with all due responsibility, to the health and safety of guests, residents, workers, pets and livestock.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think that our US and other non British tattlers do not really 'get' our humour, teasing and banter as seen in Dan's vlog with Amaury yesterday.
I can't speak for all the other non British Tattlers here but in France we have our humour, banter and teasing too.

Quite similar to what Dan, Matt and Amaury do actually.

The only difference would be in the way of doing it : maybe less "loud " and more "subtle ".

"French wit" maybe ? 😅😉😉

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm just over here wondering what in the world can be done to heat up that HMN 🤔. Close off rooms and get fireplaces working again? Wood burners? I don't know how they can stand it in winter. It just boggles the mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Mam, it was meant as a joke.
Bud …
cannot nor am I speaking for Clara

but the intel for 69 threads 🧵 would mean
Mini apron was vile to Clara friends and workaways .. no supposition .. it was borne out by ppl that left

as a global community we’re not going to get each other’s sense of humorous or fun 🤩

that’s ok too
Loving the fact you stepped up 🆙 to say it was MENT to be funny …

Now on Isabel side

WTF … she’s smoking hot for an 80 year old … last thing she is… a feckin squirrel 🐿 … bollix😂😂😂😂😂

😈
M

• Heart
Reactions: 14
beginning to belive the Anti Dan are the battle rally cry 😢 from camp begamania
Absolutely agree. Shove a few negative comments on to Tattle with the aim of turning us into sheep and turning on Dan. Not going to work. With your strong instincts for smelling rats and some common sense from the rest of us, these vermin can be easily sniffed out and dispatched.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Jane and Steve have always been my favorite chateau owners. ❤

View attachment 784637
it’s same for me …
FYI - the successful chateau renovations most of the men have a background in engineering….
They can turn their hands to everything!!!!

wish the nuns back in school had pointed out that salient fact … when searching for a life partner 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I previously liked Dan - but this last episode loaded with this recent gratuitous fetishisation of Amaury (ironically very homoerotic) and now this gender identity talk about man buns and man bags as being somehow an offence to the demarkation of masculinity..... I know you're in central France with patchy internet connection, but there truly is no excuse for ignorance of that measure in 2021. Dan it may have escaped you, but your viewing figures have gone up compared to the last few months - I dare say in part due to this working dynamic with Amaury - but let's not be reducing men to short hair, knocked out teeth and utility belts. Read the room Dan - me thinks maybe too much time with SJ and her previous exposing jibes at Trotter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.