The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And also making gîtes and B&B rooms doesn't mean people will come in crowds and rent them. How many want to stay in luxury château style rooms? Especially at Lalande?
They need to invest a lot first till they can make real money from it. It will take many years till the make a profit. To me it seems quite a risk.
Also it is real work to run a B&B and even the gîtes but they make it seem like something they can do next to renovating all day and running a huge château with plenty of grounds. There must be much more (and more money behind) they are not telling because earning 7000€ a month just to cover the running costs seems really a lot. And only with 4 rooms? And what about their food, clothing, cars, etc? They seem to have an expensive lifestyle.
I wonder how people chose a profession not at all related to hospitality and suddenly are all so eager to host guests and even cook for them. (And I am sure that they hire cheap help to do the cleaning and sheets) all the energy to get permits or do some training to be able to run a B&B but not really being properly educated would stress me out especially when I have a degree and a real profession.
They could earn lots more just working in their original jobs.
Most people who rent out gites and rooms have another income..The Fleuries wanted a different lifestyle...but chateaux are moneypits...always something gets broken or damaged..After every storm you have to take the cherrypicker out because some lead has gone up...or a few slates are missing..in Fall its constantly cleaning the gutters..because of the leaves..its a full time task...the cleaning is a nightmare..taxes and .insurance too...

Here in the Netherlands hosting events is also a lott of work..you need permission from the council, not too much noise, not create parkingproblems...or to much traffic in the small roads...you need medical people for in case some one gets injured..hire people for the carpark..mobile toilets...and then the weather is bad and nobody comes to visit...or you get a lott of visitors but they are mostly lookers...and not spending much...its really difficult to make a nice profit...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Is a man bun AND man bag too much? 😆
As I watch the gift grab live chat yesterday this comment stuck out to me. Wasn't sure what it was in reference to??? Interesting that this same statement was made here. Welcome Tony, I'm glad your here.

Tony InLosAngeles Man bun and man bag together way too much

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Most people who rent out gites and rooms have another income..The Fleuries wanted a different lifestyle...but chateaux are moneypits...always something gets broken or damaged..After every storm you have to take the cherrypicker out because some lead has gone up...or a few slates are missing..in Fall its constantly cleaning the gutters..because of the leaves..its a full time task...the cleaning is a nightmare..taxes and .insurance too...

Here in the Netherlands hosting events is also a lott of work..you need permission from the council, not too much noise, not create parkingproblems...or to much traffic in the small roads...you need medical people for in case some one gets injured..hire people for the carpark..mobile toilets...and then the weather is bad and nobody comes to visit...or you get a lott of visitors but they are mostly lookers...and not spending much...its really difficult to make a nice profit...
OHHH so so true! Events are subject to all that and more. We have had some disasters here. Nobody comes and it is all in place. Everyone comes and the highway is congested and the council goes mad. Weather turns foul and everyone leaves. It is a minefield.We have decided now not to hold too many - one off put in place that runs for a few months - just set up once only. Keep it simple.

Reactions: 16
Just my thoughts..... is he moving to the HMN because of several factors?
1. Bad breakup
2. Almost 2 years of lock downs and being pinged by the CV app every time he steps out the door with mandatory 10 (or7 or 14) day quarantine.
3. Scarcity of specialty wood products for his business. Brexit could be a major factor in this.
4. Loss of customers and income, decided to try and make a go of it in France.
5. Per several discussions with cousin Steppy, immediate job at shatoo, find his feet again, lucky man to have a cousin in position to assist with restarting business.
I got pinged twice and had to do the 10 day quarantine twice. Very annoying . The second time I'd only gone to M&S for socks. I got fed up of it and turned off the app. No one else I knew was using it anyway.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Poor old Florian.... looks like he will be the new Squirrel Boy !!! 😵
It is desperate isn't it - this looking for a wing man. Do you think he is trying to hit viewers with - I am not alone at home? Waves from Tassie - hope things have settled down in your end of oz x

Reactions: 7
I've just shown my husband Anne Marie's UK workshop and all the machinery he has. His comment.... I wish him luck getting them to work in rural France with the poor electrical supply. Those machines could need three phase.
They have three phase at the HMN, installed for their non functioning geothermal heating. As a matter of fact these cables are what caused the fire in the main fuse box outside the gardeners cottage years ago, because they were installed wrong (what else is new in SJ's shittoo). With a bit of bad luck there could easily be a repeat of that disaster, because I don't think the matter has been properly dealt with since (what else is new in SJ's shittoo). With two additional apartments and Anne Marie's workshop our frustrations could be over soon. All it takes is one spark ....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
As I watch the gift grab live chat yesterday this comment stuck out to me. Wasn't sure what it was in reference to??? Interesting that this same statement was made here. Welcome Tony, I'm glad your here.

Tony InLosAngeles Man bun and man bag together way too much
Him and Jimmy, I can’t stand them. Trying hard to be Superfans.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I got pinged twice and had to do the 10 day quarantine twice. Very annoying . The second time I'd only gone to M&S for socks. I got fed up of it and turned off the app. No one else I knew was using it anyway.
Not surprised you and many others turned the app off. Made it impossible to work or shop or even turn around in your own garden.

Reactions: 7
Poor old Florian.... looks like he will be the new Squirrel Boy !!! 😵
mhm with Ryan gone, Sean hurt from what I know, Dad working to much, there seems to be Billy and Sadie left over. And I haven’t seen Billy and MPK interacting much for some time now.

Dan the man looks like he has a man bun himself in the thumbnail? unless I need a new pair of glasses. All he needs now is the manbag and he'll be tres cool.
In my book there's nothing really cool about two straight guys joking around about being gay/not being man enough. It's sad and certainly unnecessary. They both should know better.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Here in OZ we have a QR code - so everytime you enter a store you ping the app to say when you arrived. NOW - gasp everyone. I do not have a mobile phone. Never had one (well I did in the 90's those brick things and a pager for work) The cafe had one. So basically I do the paper registration when I go into a store - I am compliant. I asked the stores what happens to the paper ones and they have all told me, they keep them for 2 weeks and then can ditch them. No sending off anywhere into the big cloud of data. Fabuuulous. Happy with that solution! Not paranoid about these things - just happy that big data has not got the final say....yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It is desperate isn't it - this looking for a wing man. Do you think he is trying to hit viewers with - I am not alone at home? Waves from Tassie - hope things have settled down in your end of oz x
Yes I agree....." See everyone.... I am not alone" ....... mind you , when he was alone he did good work and had many views too !
Waves from Victoria ... all fine but I think we are in for some rain which will be good.
I am so sick of the Lock Down..... they say - perhaps November we will be out ??? Covid numbers going up - more that NSW today :confused:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
In my book there's nothing really cool about two straight guys joking around about being gay/not being man enough. It's sad and certainly unnecessary. They both should know better.
oh come on, I would be happy to have someone like them as friends.

Don’t be so conservative, you sound like… you sound like…

ISABEEELL!!!

She is here, she infiltrated us! Red Alert, to the weapons, me and woman first!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Clearly a sign how much knowledge she has on people....when he entered the gates in the first vlog he appeared in.... i could clearly see Selmar is a drifter end a dreamer..and no worker...she should have known ...he is useless...
Don’t they recognize their own? Selmar must have felt so warmed and welcomed by his own people. Sleeping in all morning, starting a project then tea time! Back to now looking at completely unwarranted and unnecessary projects Followed by taaaango!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I actually enjoyed the gift grab tonight, I dont usually watch it but the gifts were really thoughtful. I LOVE the journal, I had a custom miniature version made for me once, very similar style and era - I would love to make a full size one like that - very much my craft style :)
Let's not forget there is nothing thoughtful about helping a swindler get even richer by pretending she's doing it all for charity. That chanel should have been shut down before she even started it, it's just all very bad taste, considering the state of the world. Sj has made it very clear, by ignoring all criticism even from the people closest to her, that she will only give to charity if she gets things in return. The uplifting feeling of being able to help others, what should be the true motivation for charity, escapes her if she's not compensated heavily.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
BJJ was present in the live chat yesterday. He came in hot with greetings for Bordeaux Life but almost forgot to cue the fans for their flog premiere. He was gifted an office kit for his play dates. Isabelle will not be using his clip board. Wendy did not give BJJ a felting lesson but that's OK. When BJJ was 10 he felted for 4 months. He's a wuss when drinking and he should be eating Norwegian chicken. 🤪 Percy was the 👍 cheerleader yesterday.

Philip Janssen @Bordeaux Life Hiya!

Philip Janssen @Lisa Akinlabi Yeah! More like a birthweek
karolinag2012@Philip Janssen I am g you liked the gifts I thought it will be usefull to you. Once again Happy Birthday to you Karolina
Philip Janssen @Karolinag2012 Thank you so, so much!! I’m extremely happy with everything you sent
Helen Stella @isabelle Jarvis You’ll have to write yourself a rota! He he
Isabelle Jarvis Helen Stella and I thought my rotais days were over!

Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates Definitely! I was so happy to finally meet her in person :)
The Building Adventures of Ziva & Jack mind your fingers Phillip!

Michael Morrison @Philip Janssen I can’t tell if you’re loving it or thinking what the ?
Philip Janssen @Michael Morrison The drink?
Philip Janssen @Michael Morrison I quite liked it, but it was slightly too sharp for me :)
friendlhi Philip has good reactions

Hanna Young @Philip Janssen , I have dear friend allergic to chicken, except Norwegain chicken.... it something in the feed used in Germany and The Netherlands that make the chicken deadly for her...
Philip Janssen @Hanna Young Oh wow! Luckily mine is not deadly...
Michael Morrison @Hanna Young that’s fascinating. I’ve never heard of that.

Percy Attfield Goodnight until tomorrow. Contribute to charity by clicking👍

Philip Janssen Thank you all so much! Speak to you tomorrow
Philip Janssen Oh yes! @Bordeaux Life has a premiere now!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Dan likes being ironic and as I've said before I like his sarcasm and banter. Amore is relaxed in his presence rather than tensed up at what subtle or not so subtle dig might be coming next.🙂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.