The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BJJ was present in the live chat yesterday. He came in hot with greetings for Bordeaux Life but almost forgot to cue the fans for their flog premiere. He was gifted an office kit for his play dates. Isabelle will not be using his clip board. Wendy did not give BJJ a felting lesson but that's OK. When BJJ was 10 he felted for 4 months. He's a wuss when drinking and he should be eating Norwegian chicken. 🤪 Percy was the 👍 cheerleader yesterday.

Philip Janssen @Bordeaux Life Hiya!

Philip Janssen @Lisa Akinlabi Yeah! More like a birthweek
karolinag2012@Philip Janssen I am g you liked the gifts I thought it will be usefull to you. Once again Happy Birthday to you Karolina
Philip Janssen @Karolinag2012 Thank you so, so much!! I’m extremely happy with everything you sent
Helen Stella @isabelle Jarvis You’ll have to write yourself a rota! He he
Isabelle Jarvis Helen Stella and I thought my rotais days were over!

Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates Definitely! I was so happy to finally meet her in person :)
The Building Adventures of Ziva & Jack mind your fingers Phillip!

Michael Morrison @Philip Janssen I can’t tell if you’re loving it or thinking what the ?
Philip Janssen @Michael Morrison The drink?
Philip Janssen @Michael Morrison I quite liked it, but it was slightly too sharp for me :)
friendlhi Philip has good reactions

Hanna Young @Philip Janssen , I have dear friend allergic to chicken, except Norwegain chicken.... it something in the feed used in Germany and The Netherlands that make the chicken deadly for her...
Philip Janssen @Hanna Young Oh wow! Luckily mine is not deadly...
Michael Morrison @Hanna Young that’s fascinating. I’ve never heard of that.

Percy Attfield Goodnight until tomorrow. Contribute to charity by clicking👍

Philip Janssen Thank you all so much! Speak to you tomorrow
Philip Janssen Oh yes! @Bordeaux Life has a premiere now!!
Gotta get some Norwegian chicken FRK - lucky Filly remembered to plug another channel - maybe his fingers are hurting.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
oh come on, I would be happy to have someone like them as friends.

Don’t be so conservative, you sound like… you sound like…

ISABEEELL!!!

She is here, she infiltrated us! Red Alert, to the weapons, me and woman first!
As you might have noticed, my book has many pages. If you don't like reading this particular one, might I suggest you read on the next instead of pretending to be a superfan and start namecalling? That's usually the way we do it here.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A French passport? Extremely unlikely ...
His mother is French. He is entitled to have a French passport as a bi-national.

His cousin Steph had some "difficulties" (according to her !) getting her French passport because she had never bothered to ask for one before. But she got one during the first lockdown (if memory serves - or was it before ?).

His mother is French.. So it is a possibility he does have passport. Although I am not well versed in the rules and regulations
You are right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
oh come on, I would be happy to have someone like them as friends.

Don’t be so conservative, you sound like… you sound like…

ISABEEELL!!!

She is here, she infiltrated us! Red Alert, to the weapons, me and woman first!
Funny, the avatar from your YT post is very similar to a new member's (9/19/21) avatar. 🤔 Such a coincidence???

1632834744497.png

Arkin

Horror_ Gore

• Heart
Reactions: 4
karolinag2012@Philip Janssen I am g you liked the gifts I thought it will be usefull to you. Once again Happy Birthday to you Karolina

why is she saying herself a happy birthday?

Hanna Young @Philip Janssen , I have dear friend allergic to chicken, except Norwegain chicken.... it something in the feed used in Germany and The Netherlands that make the chicken deadly for her...

some people really have no life and seek attention by whatever comes in their mind..
she could have said „I love ricecrackers“ and would have felt like climbing the Kilimanjaro in no time.

Michael Morrison @Hanna Young that’s fascinating. I’ve never heard of that.

And never will..
Sadly I never join chats

Funny, the avatar from your YT post is very similar to a new member's (9/19/21) avatar. 🤔 Such a coincidence???

View attachment 784497
Arkin

Horror_ Gore
it was the first short video I chose

A664B4E8-E642-4BE6-8714-DE16683F785B.png

Reactions: 9
Re Selmar and work ethic.
He arrived as a workaway at start of lock down promising "I can do dat, yes I can do dat." And what have we seen,
- an emerging habit of him sleeping until noon (he didn't when IJ there),
- his van parked in middle of the working space for Ian and his team,
- whilst Ian and team working Selmar is snoozing in his van,
- he expanded his van space with an out door seating area
- He doesn't eat dinner so he does not do dishes, cook, etc
Let's list what he mucked up or had to be redone:
- the plant borders (he decided to be artistic and curve them),
- the gigantic compost bins and their location,
- the marquis apartment curtain knobs and assumptions re "paddling"
- causing radiator leak and damage in grand salon
- the laundry shelving- despite what Tomas said
- the bathroom floors, china pantry floor dismantling
SJ is not getting 5 hours a day's worth of work, nor is she getting value if she is paying him by the hour as a live-in handyman.

Much of his "I can do dat" work has gone to Dan or professionals like Anne Marie. Eg Don't tell me Natti did not ask Selmar to fix a clothes line - a perfect handyman task.

SJ time to politely, kindly and firmly provide an end date to Selmar.
I recognize so much of Selmar's attitude towards Sj and her HMN from when my friends were at the end of their stay. It's like things have gotten really old and boring after having gone through SJ's game play over and over again. There's no real escape on the horizon for him just yet so he has to pretend all is still pretty okay, but the opposite clearly shows. Things are not okay and he should leave a.s.a.p. Big difference with the situation then is that Selmar brought his own house and he can leave whenever he wants to. His biggest mistake though was bringing Tatty over, she might be pushing him to stay, especially now that she seems to have moved inside the HMN.

Reactions: 21
As you might have noticed, my book has many pages. If you don't like reading this particular one, might I suggest you read on the next instead of pretending to be a superfan and start namecalling? That's usually the way we do it here.

I think you misunderstood my post

Reactions: 9
Not to derail but I must say...I'm so glad to have Tattlers to report back on MPK so I don't have to flush my eyes with bleach after watching his mess. 😂🤣😅

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Lest we forget the way Regina George La Jarvis sent daggers his way during the djembe bon fire...
Maybe his time has come to be voted off...
But as I've said in a previous post. Sillymar will only leave on his own volition, and he is still in fans' good graces. Good Luck with that Stephanie.
View attachment 784153
SJ had put all her money (well not HER money, obviously and definitely not all) on Tatty being a catfish. She was preparing for Selmar to return from his trip with a broken heart so they could comfort him by warmly offering him their support (in return for some jobs he still needed to finish obviously). Tatty being an actual person AND apparently his girlfriend, has made him unreceptive to SJ's natural charm that used to get him going.

I think you misunderstood my post
Oh really? What deeper meaning lies behind your statement
Don’t be so conservative, you sound like… you sound like…ISABEEELL!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
SJ had put all her money (well not HER money, obviously and definitely not all) on Tatty being a catfish. She was preparing for Selmar to return from his trip with a broken heart so they could comfort him by warmly offering him their support (in return for some jobs he still needed to finish obviously). Tatty being an actual person AND apparently his girlfriend, has made him unreceptive to SJ's natural charm that used to get him going.

Oh really? What deeper meaning lies behind your statement
Don’t be so conservative, you sound like… you sound like…ISABEEELL!!!
Mam, it was meant as a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Can anyone remember if Natti and Anne Marie "meeting" was shown in a vlog? I remember a post showing she was friendly with Mason.
She's thirsty and is living in the middle of nowhere; Mason, Paul, and she finally landed on Anne Marie.

132417459_1624604354400288_1284998043225219334_n.jpg

DECEMBER 23, 2020

natitaviajera's profile picture
natitaviajera
❤❤❤ Merry Christmas Mason!!

84077500_128158102048203_6440628819921784160_n.jpg

Paul Van Den Nieuwenhof

1632836918760.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
The TV programme SJ features on is a minor daytime one. It's not so well known even in the UK. Most people I knew have never watched it. The filming has already been completed for the new series which aired yesterday. There's no guarantee that the chateau will be on the next series.
He might want YouTube exposure.
I think he's up for an adventure after all the lockdowns. He's been working for his father's business, recovering from a breakup and probably , he wants a change of scene. He's got the right skills for the renovation work. Cousin Stephanie asked him if he wants work and off he went . The chateau is a party pad after all. Another reason to go.
I have cousins who are builders and I've employed them as I know I can trust them and I get a discount.Nothing unusual in that.
Maybe he already fancied Nati and wanted to get to know her better?
I'm glad he's on the scene, he's easy on the eye, works hard seems like a nice person, he might get that chaotic chateau into shape. I like the budding romance between Nati and Armoury. I wish them both well. He gets on well with Dan, which is great for both of them. Dan seemed a bit isolated from male company, apart from Matt, before Armoury's arrival.
You're spot on in your assessments about Anne Marie. That surely must be his plan. Thing is, he will not last. Already you could see him being annoyed with SJ's way of manipulating the work when they cleared his future workshop from her mess. Those annoyances will grow bigger over time, as they do with each and everyone who made plans for a longer stay before. I agree with you, he's a nice guy and not much into bulshitting around. That might just safe him from her in the long run.

Mam, it was meant as a joke.
Oh, now I get it. So I just had to laugh. So sorry I didn't. Just in case you misunderstood my post since you joked about it: I was pretty serious.

Reactions: 14
I am going to Danfend here. He is not really trying to objectifying Amaury or use him as click bait. He is doing it ironically and it is his own humour that is the attraction. He clearly likes Amaury a lot and would not want to objectify or offend him or his female viewers in any way.
:) I did the famous "which LL cast member are you" (or whatever it was called) test, and I came out as a Dan, so I have a lot of sympathy for him, but I'm not into his drone drama, and I find the bromance stuff a bit over the top..even if it is ironic. I guess it's actually the viewers' drooling which makes me uncomfortable (although I agree they are both handsome young men ;) ).

Reactions: 7
I was expecting the gift grab to be cringe worthy as usual but it was lovely to see the crafter talking about her work. I did the Berry Brothers and Rudd wine tasting school many years ago. It's still my dinner party trick. Guess the region / vineyard. French wine is still the best in my opinion.
Well who'd have thunk it, Squirrel can needle felt.Good for him. What happened to all the dressmaking he promised to do when he first arrived.?

Reactions: 18
:) I did the famous "which LL cast member are you" (or whatever it was called) test, and I came out as a Dan, so I have a lot of sympathy for him, but I'm not into his drone drama, and I find the bromance stuff a bit over the top..even if it is ironic. I guess it's actually the viewers' drooling which makes me uncomfortable (although I agree they are both handsome young men ;) ).
I realize a lot of people here really like Dan, but that does not make this his personal fanclub. I agree completely with you about the over the top bromance stuff, which is why I made a remark about that before. Like all the chateau vloggers, he must be desperate for fresh content to keep things interesting and I'm sure he'll find something that helps grow his channel and income. His chances are now so much better than SJ's, who's playbook has been limited by the type of fans that stick with her because of the gift-grab-shite, not because of the non existing renovation, extravagant parties and/or boring travel nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No sure where he calls home but this was posted a few hours ago.

View attachment 784558
paulnieuwenhof
Hauts-de-France 🇫🇷😃
3h
Manchester Ship Canal?

As I watch the gift grab live chat yesterday this comment stuck out to me. Wasn't sure what it was in reference to??? Interesting that this same statement was made here. Welcome Tony, I'm glad your here.

Tony InLosAngeles Man bun and man bag together way too much
I thought Tony was a Tattler!
[/QUOTE
they clearly are retired, probably have money from their own...when you can buy a place and decorate it with your own money, have some other sources of income..then you can use the rour rooms as a upkeep for the chateau...not possible if you have to live of it, and pay mortgage...
House prices in England have become astronomical in the last decade. If they owned their own house in London and were mortgage free , they could probably buy the chateau outright and have some left for upkeep. The B&B rooms would be a little extra for luxuries.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
And also making gîtes and B&B rooms doesn't mean people will come in crowds and rent them. How many want to stay in luxury château style rooms? Especially at Lalande?
They need to invest a lot first till they can make real money from it. It will take many years till the make a profit. To me it seems quite a risk.
Also it is real work to run a B&B and even the gîtes but they make it seem like something they can do next to renovating all day and running a huge château with plenty of grounds. There must be much more (and more money behind) they are not telling because earning 7000€ a month just to cover the running costs seems really a lot. And only with 4 rooms? And what about their food, clothing, cars, etc? They seem to have an expensive lifestyle.
I wonder how people chose a profession not at all related to hospitality and suddenly are all so eager to host guests and even cook for them. (And I am sure that they hire cheap help to do the cleaning and sheets) all the energy to get permits or do some training to be able to run a B&B but not really being properly educated would stress me out especially when I have a degree and a real profession.
They could earn lots more just working in their original jobs.
Having worked both in a Chateau run as a B&B and another property that ran 5 gites of varying sizes, they will take up all of your time (unless you have others working for you. When I worked at the Chateau if all 5 rooms were for a change over on the same day, I would begin at 10am and finish at 5pm working nonstop on my own. Plus I'd have the dining room and kitchen to clean after the rooms. For the gites again if all were for a changeover on the same day, that would be 4 of us working from 10am to 5pm with 30min for lunch. At the Chateau, eventually the linen was sent out but at the beginning it was all done there constantly up and down the huge staircase. The gites linen was done on site and the owners kitchen on a saturday was just one huge heap of washing. It is hard work and in the summer when it can get up to 40°c here, a killer.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I felt sad for the mouse maker lady in the last caddy at the shatty , forced to sit in front of a pink iphone and be filmed ... probably forced to sign a disclaimer ..... giving out all these presents ,and them all sitting grabbing them ..... it just seemed so fake and they were all over the top , made me sick to my stomach really

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.