The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also enjoy Julian's vlogs. His voice is soothing, I watch before bed. Another channel I absolutely love is Curiosity Inc. Alex and his family are just lovely and hard working. I really don't care what all these bloggers do with their money they just need to stop begging and hinting. By all means have a patreon account but don't say you are using it for this and that. Let people pay for the content you offer. That's it! Once they start talking money I switch off.
Yes a few of us are fans of Alex and co - now that is a hard working family!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
passive aggressive - can someone explain to me what on earth this means, in plain UK English. Because I found this on google and think is a heap of crap.

Major signs of passive-aggressive behavior include:
  • Always arriving late.
  • Sulking.
  • Sullenness.
  • Procrastination.
  • Intentional inefficiency.
  • Stubbornness.
  • “Forgetting” to do something.
  • Avoiding people when they're upset with them.
I always understood it to mean smilng simperingly in conversation whilst sticking the knife in under the conversation e.g a veiled compliment. I noticed this as a child listening to relatives conversation. 😅
It's a way to say what you're feeling without actually saying it either verbally or non verbally....

Last edited:
  • Heart
One thing the hookup with Amaury disabuses me of is the sus that Nati -- along with Dana -- persisted at Lalande to snag a rich Patreon husband. Whatever he is, Amaury is not a rich Patreon. Preying on the Lalande entourage may be a separate problem. I was hoping he'd go outside the bubble and date sane local French girls.
LOL. He's following the natural order - following the path of least resistance. If dickmatized hoes in house are thowing themselves at you, why would you go down the road, go thru all the effort and pay for dates to woo local girls? He's working his slave job at LaLande, trying to keep up with Dan no less, so I'm actually surprised he has the energy to plow the in-house girls. let alone try with ones that will take effort.

Reactions: 2
Yeah - that woman of the hanging out her washing - revelation needs clothes pins. Then repeats herself so much - I had to mute her to look at the place.

Then so much mileage on his dancing and pets because she is hopeless in keeping something alive that has a heartbeat. OR even what is made of stone.
my heat aches for Ruby, he needs to go to a loving caring home. All that witch does is go gaga over peacock chics ffs, they dont need tactile love. God, I cant stand her. Reminds me of my sociopathic ex husband who put me in the poor house.

• Heart
Just my thoughts..... is he moving to the HMN because of several factors?
1. Bad breakup
2. Almost 2 years of lock downs and being pinged by the CV app every time he steps out the door with mandatory 10 (or7 or 14) day quarantine.
3. Scarcity of specialty wood products for his business. Brexit could be a major factor in this.
4. Loss of customers and income, decided to try and make a go of it in France.
5. Per several discussions with cousin Steppy, immediate job at shatoo, find his feet again, lucky man to have a cousin in position to assist with restarting business.
I agree. Just his demeanour lifting one of those heavy pieces of junk up out of the maintenance room, hustling to load his van, tells me Amaury is a work horse, not a show horse. He may take his shirt off a little more often than necessary but Dan is there to give him :poop: for it, which they both enjoy. I think there wasn't enough work for him in Angleterre and with lockdown he was getting stir crazy. It strikes me moving all his high end equipment to France means he thinks there's enough business there outside the chateau to keep him busy. Plus, let's not forget, he is the next of kin and actually running and owning the chateau are both reasonable prospects.
I hope he'll get rid of Nutkin. Some believe he bit back on the orders of "Steph and Philip" in an early video. Not persuaded but very, very, very alert. I think just the presence of testosterone in the chateau will alter SJ's fugue state.

Reactions: 23
I previously liked Dan - but this last episode loaded with this recent gratuitous fetishisation of Amaury (ironically very homoerotic) and now this gender identity talk about man buns and man bags as being somehow an offence to the demarkation of masculinity.....
I can understand your feelings on the gratuitous fawning over Ammy, but I must have missed the joke that was made about faeries? I must have not been paying attention. If the same gratuitous objectification were directed at females it would be immediately identified as creepy and misogynistic.
OneMoonbeam said:
I'm just over here wondering what in the world can be done to heat up that HMN 🤔. Close off rooms and get fireplaces working again? Wood burners? I don't know how they can stand it in winter. It just boggles the mind.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It appears as if this is by choice (by Fanny of course). During one CDV, a brave soul, upon commenting that the inside temp was 11 degrees C (!!), was snappily answered that the glorious shatto is maintained purposefully, at that bone chilling comfort level, to PROTECT the building and artworks it contains !! That she could turn up the heat, the geothermal IS effective BUT it would be detrimental. (Do you think we should notify the Louvre that they are doing it all wrong?) It was before the seeping wall episode, during depths of winter, people huddled and bundled, waterbottles tied asunder. Perhaps even a GAG. BUT, unfortunately, in order to keep up with these threads, hurtling along, I cant devote time to research. ;) .
Well she obviously lied because there's no AC when the Temps are 35° to 40° in summer. I think the geothermal doesn't work and Steppy just doesn't want to spend the cash to heat the place. Heating and windows are top priority-along with bathrooms- for literally Everyone Else who owns a frigid pile.
Speaking of..... I think Steppy is a Frigid Pile of bollocks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Can you imagine the outcry if Armoire was a female volunteer? Careful or we'll have Tomas on here again accusing us of sexism.!😁

I think he works for the family firm in England.
Is there ANYONE here who can actually WATCH Tomaz? I tried and I could not after he likened SJ to a FAIRY ??? IWTV ( I want to vomit )

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Can't believe I made it all the way thru the chicken video. All I was thinking was that the only chicken I'd like to see plucked is that Florian. I bet that's some tender meat. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
From what I can gather she does do commissions, this has been shown and they also run the B an B.
I agree they over extended as a business. They must however, have made a fair bit of money to afford a nice holiday this year and everything does look well presented and upto standard. They portion money off as shown, business, personal etc.
YouTube is the new bank manager it seems- the bank of patrons and subscribers.
They seem to have made some money to have a holiday and close the house for it during peak season. They still need to finish their fifth guest bedroom for the next season. It would be foolish not to have full capacity. Nevertheless the kitchen is the priority, I guess it's been difficult to cater to their guests now. They're thinking ahead and planning for a semi-professional kitchen for future needs.

Reactions: 6
Well I'm split between London and farming country in East Anglia and I can tell you the Man bun is well and truly ALIVE in a multi generational way too! I'm unsure where Dan hails from in the UK. No Dan doesn't need to like man buns, but there is a machismo overtone running through his critique of Amaury and I'm not sure why he's even saying it - it's an antiquated way of thinking. This machismo idea that all signs of femininity are to be rooted out and exposed and therefore ripe for mockery is a bit uncomfortable viewing. Blimey, I didn't think I that was particularly woke....

Then again maybe it is jealousy? Maybe it's the start of a great homosexual love affair, watch out Annalise looks like Dan has eyes for tugging on a pocket size stallion's mane instead of yours....
OK... I watched Dan's daily vlog... but only for Amaury's bun ! ;)

Now I see what's going on there. But I won't comment.

Ziiiip ! 😅

• Haha
This is just my opinion . . . . I watch both Escape to Rural France and Chateau Diaries, even though ETRF's are daily they are really short 4-6 minutes. CD does one 30 minute one. To me, those kind of equal out. Like I said, just my opinion. It will be interesting to see how long Dan can keep it going. I can see him having to make adjustments with time, they all have to find what works for them. He is fairly new to all of this. When I think about the channels I really enjoy watching, they put up 30 minute vlogs once a week (Wild Wonderful Off Grid, Simple Living Alaska). But, to each their own, some people just want to jump on for a quick 4 minute video.

Reactions: 9
I'm with you on this. They don't use the fireplaces if they are not in the room because SJ is affraid the place will burn down. Also she mentioned somewhere it didnt have a much priority because the cold didnt get to her that much and she 'manage' while dragging hot water bottles...😁
She only just got fire extinguishers installed last year 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I can understand your feelings on the gratuitous fawning over Ammy, but I must have missed the joke that was made about faeries? I must have not been paying attention. If the same gratuitous objectification were directed at females it would be immediately identified as creepy and misogynistic.

Well she obviously lied because there's no AC when the Temps are 35° to 40° in summer. I think the geothermal doesn't work and Steppy just doesn't want to spend the cash to heat the place. Heating and windows are top priority-along with bathrooms- for literally Everyone Else who owns a frigid pile.
Speaking of..... I think Steppy is a Frigid Pile of bollocks.
i'll have to watch it again and twist things round to see if I would be offended as a woman..... Although I think it's just banter.

Reactions: 5
I previously liked Dan - but this last episode loaded with this recent gratuitous fetishisation of Amaury (ironically very homoerotic) and now this gender identity talk about man buns and man bags as being somehow an offence to the demarkation of masculinity..... I know you're in central France with patchy internet connection, but there truly is no excuse for ignorance of that measure in 2021. Dan it may have escaped you, but your viewing figures have gone up compared to the last few months - I dare say in part due to this working dynamic with Amaury - but let's not be reducing men to short hair, knocked out teeth and utility belts. Read the room Dan - me thinks maybe too much time with SJ and her previous exposing jibes at Trotter.
Well, it's all negotiable, as is everything here. We each read whatever we see according to our knowledge, experience and mediated by our choices.
If you'd like to investigate, there's a body of non-judgemental, non-partisan psychosocial research that gives surprising insights into this sort of banter and its place in norming and forming interpersonal dynamics and strengthening bonds amongst males.
Thus, I wouldn't rush to extrapolate any of what we saw in this piece to the 'gratuitous fetishisation' or 'reduction of men to short hair, knocked out teeth and utility belts' that you do from this short sequence.
That said, like any video anywhere, we don't have to support what we see by watching it or damn them for one instance that doesn't accord to our perspectives. It's all a choice. Voting with one's feet and wallets is still the most effective way to show pleasure or disapproval.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
3 passports? Is that possible? I thought, although I might be wrong, that only dual citizenship was possible ...
You can have more than 2 nationalities. It's' called "pluri-nationalities". At least in France. I believe in UK and Ireland too.

I checked for the US and yes, it is possible too.

Reactions: 7
Speaking of man buns, I remember this vid from a few years ago. Probably fake, but...

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Interesting to see Bordeaux Life doing a daily vlog in an attempt to get their subscriber numbers up and probably Patreon numbers up as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.