The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I saw her with all that luggage I knew she wasn't a campervan chick! That said, I know loads of couples who have good relationships but dont sleep in the same room because one or the other snores too loud!
I also think she not at all a giddy type of woman and so beside the giggly giddy girls of lalande she might appear unhappy, when really she just isnt loud and fake. Just guessing, time will tell.
Absolutely! As a former campervan chick myself, it's not as romantic as it sounds.We used to work away in the summer with our catering business and living in our van, returning home by the end of October. Very cramped, you really don't have any personal space. I have been with my husband for nearly 30 years and even when you are very comfortable with each other, there are times you just long for space. They are just getting to know each other. You have to have minimal personal possessions. I wonder where Selmar stores all those formal suits and tango outfits? Any room for Tatty's many cases and trunks? Also winter is coming. I never used to spend winter in our van. We always returned to our house before winter set in as, even with the wood burner, the cold penetrates. Mmmm it might be warmer than the chateau in winter though 🤔 Two people's body heat 🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The problem with Selmar is that he doesn't want to work. Like he said early in the CD vlogs, he likes to sleep late and work only few hours a day at his own pace. He can't be left in charge of any work, let alone repairing 145 windows. Pure craziness to keep him just to build a chicken coop or install pews when the others won't let him participate. I wish him well but @Dippy Hippy is spot on of his type. Maybe in time the curtain is lifted and we get an idea if it's his laziness/slow pace why he's not included in the renos or pure greed from the expat community hogging all the work.
I’m thinking we haven’t seen much of Selmar because he was working on tv projects. He restored all of the gilded chairs in the room we “haven’t seen” yet. There about four projects we haven’t seen so far, I think. She probably put him on tv as he was popular in the vlogs. I think that’s why the loo was put off along with garden stuff, etc. she’s going to pay more attention to the tv stuff because more people will see it. Not defending, but I think that’s what’s been going on. He may be somewhat on the outs, or Amoire can on the scene to improve the projects for tv and the Patreons. I think she’s going to keep doing things at a clip as long as the money is coming in. I think she wants to have musical events on the grounds, etc. whether or not she can hang in there until it’s all done remains to be seen.

Reactions: 17
Im American and totally cringe at her sometimes. I also can't stand her creeping out over garden snake in the pond when you're willing to go into a pond to begin with! Clam down, dear!

Has anyone landed on the Chateau de la Ferte channel? They only have a few videos up but I think they are hardworking and have potential for some good renovation vlogs
No, I can't help but laugh at the name. I just think of Château le Fart must have a windy problem there.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Well to have musical events on the grounds she will need toilets!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't watch the Fleuries anymore. When I did there was a vlog whete Anna mentioned they over extended themselves in purchasing the chateau to begin with. It was over their budget. So to me they were behind the 8 ball from the start. Why not keep one partner working for the next 12 months before launching another round of renovation.
From what I can gather she does do commissions, this has been shown and they also run the B an B.
I agree they over extended as a business. They must however, have made a fair bit of money to afford a nice holiday this year and everything does look well presented and upto standard. They portion money off as shown, business, personal etc.
YouTube is the new bank manager it seems- the bank of patrons and subscribers.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Could it be that Amaury is moving to the Shitoo so he gets TV exposure?
The TV programme SJ features on is a minor daytime one. It's not so well known even in the UK. Most people I knew have never watched it. The filming has already been completed for the new series which aired yesterday. There's no guarantee that the chateau will be on the next series.
He might want YouTube exposure.
I think he's up for an adventure after all the lockdowns. He's been working for his father's business, recovering from a breakup and probably , he wants a change of scene. He's got the right skills for the renovation work. Cousin Stephanie asked him if he wants work and off he went . The chateau is a party pad after all. Another reason to go.
I have cousins who are builders and I've employed them as I know I can trust them and I get a discount.Nothing unusual in that.
Maybe he already fancied Nati and wanted to get to know her better?
I'm glad he's on the scene, he's easy on the eye, works hard seems like a nice person, he might get that chaotic chateau into shape. I like the budding romance between Nati and Armoury. I wish them both well. He gets on well with Dan, which is great for both of them. Dan seemed a bit isolated from male company, apart from Matt, before Armoury's arrival.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Can anyone remember if Natti and Anne Marie "meeting" was shown in a vlog? I remember a post showing she was friendly with Mason.

Reactions: 4
she just needs to drill holes in the ground straight to the skeptic tanks..

So, Natti and Amaury is a deal? Good for her.

Where does my sugar cube Paul live, by the way? Just asking…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Don't you think that it would be cramped by staying both in the camper? She probably prefers having some comfort & washing facilities.
And very young.

Have you noticed that all their new volunteers are mainly under 30 ?

I wonder why ? More....impressionable, malleable, naive ? Less experiences of life ?

:unsure::unsure:😅

• Haha
Reactions: 15
From what I can gather she does do commissions, this has been shown and they also run the B an B.
I agree they over extended as a business. They must however, have made a fair bit of money to afford a nice holiday this year and everything does look well presented and upto standard. They portion money off as shown, business, personal etc.
YouTube is the new bank manager it seems- the bank of patrons and subscribers.
I think they (Fleuries) are pretty transparent about the finances, which is O.K. for me. The last years have been difficult for the hospitality industry, so the budgets didn't work out. I think they also mentioned, no renovation work inside, when they still have guests, so this could be a general issue for other B&B chateaux as well? The vlog contents are indeed a bit scarce at the moment...
Re begging and patreons on YT, there are many content creators out there with the whole YT package, and not so transparent about what they do with the money, as long as the content is good, that's fine for me, e.g. Baumgartner restoration. Where I have issues are people as MP, who seem to be re-hashing the same content again and again (see the last DIO vlog), and CD at moments, as well as Dan, who is objectifying the cousin for views.

Reactions: 17
SNAP! I thought the same thing - here in Tassie those toilets also need to be disability friendly. Actually all access to any events on the farm need to have space for that. Plus liability insurance to host such events. No idea what the French require but if someone here falls over on the Art Trail, you need coverage.

• Heart
@Perplexed bee I love Baumgartner Restorations. He has created a real niche for himself. I guess the monies go towards his business and his editing and narration time. He is very clever in not releasing too many videos, although he has been going for 3 years or so.

For other Tattlers - he is a professional painting restorer. The work is unbelievable in its skill and execution.

• Heart
I don't watch the Fleuries anymore. When I did there was a vlog whete Anna mentioned they over extended themselves in purchasing the chateau to begin with. It was over their budget. So to me they were behind the 8 ball from the start. Why not keep one partner working for the next 12 months before launching another round of renovation.
And also making gîtes and B&B rooms doesn't mean people will come in crowds and rent them. How many want to stay in luxury château style rooms? Especially at Lalande?
They need to invest a lot first till they can make real money from it. It will take many years till the make a profit. To me it seems quite a risk.
Also it is real work to run a B&B and even the gîtes but they make it seem like something they can do next to renovating all day and running a huge château with plenty of grounds. There must be much more (and more money behind) they are not telling because earning 7000€ a month just to cover the running costs seems really a lot. And only with 4 rooms? And what about their food, clothing, cars, etc? They seem to have an expensive lifestyle.
I wonder how people chose a profession not at all related to hospitality and suddenly are all so eager to host guests and even cook for them. (And I am sure that they hire cheap help to do the cleaning and sheets) all the energy to get permits or do some training to be able to run a B&B but not really being properly educated would stress me out especially when I have a degree and a real profession.
They could earn lots more just working in their original jobs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Bought chateau 23 rooms in 2 years
Have B n B running
insulated 😈
Panelling installed
Hand painted murals

And now working on the plunge pool terrace and gardens

no patron for 500 k
not a go fund me in sight
No small cottage with 70 k gone on partying and men.
No 11 holidays during Covid
Nor a squirrel
nope 👎
View attachment 784222View attachment 784223View attachment 784224View attachment 784225View attachment 784226

One 30 min show
And a terrace has been planted
A plunge pool installed
Pretty
Clean
And tastefully done ✅

did I mention not a drop of patron
Customer s staying in only 4 rooms
😈View attachment 784227View attachment 784228View attachment 784229
Well, that is impressive and beautiful. Lets see how the go on YT. As we know things can change. So far no squirrel also they will probably avoid
Volunteers with cameras in their faces
Guests who felt mice, travel by bike, searching for a chateau - dreams of medieval festivals
Renovations inside and out of duration that workmen/women turn into fossils trying to complete
Endless trips to junk shops for plates and furniture tat
Resident florist - now gone to grift from another shore
"Brother" Cabbie in tartan
Showcasing a door opening after 15 years + being to a room of dust and crap. Sorry, Workshop
For eye candy cousin with manager Nutti - struggling to read gag letters but manages all the bookings via email.
Part owners - one Potty the other a bag head
Dancing handymen with gallbladder gone girlfriend - living in the forest
Ex BFF who also has a channel, disgraced by grifting and personal life disasters - the aga broke
Stop me now...because that is only recently. Basically if they can run a B&B without any of this nonsense, they are on a winner!
Evening All 😜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.