The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He'd have to be counting the sex work to bring it to full time. Is sex work a taxable income in France?
According to Lady Trotter, of course not.
But again, what is work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Put your hands on your hips, pull your knees in tight,
Do the pelvic thrust
It'll drive them insane
Let's do ...

On closer inspection is that not Dan's drone in his pocket or is he pleased to see him? 🤔
Ooh, you sure know how to tickle Nutsy, he just caaaaan't resist.
Bits 'n bobs, just for yuuuuuu.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Highlights from yesterday's CD flog.
Gerry was busy working. Donna Davis as been appointed the new Jill Scott??? Natasha is Nutti in the chats. Jimmy is all about Nutti and AM as a couple. Barbara asked about the chapel but no reply.

Gerald Grady Hello lovely Lalanders, I’m out in my Cab, please forgive if I don’t reply

Brenda M @Donna Davis Art will give Jill Scott a call today
Isabelle Jarvis Donna Davis Art hello
Donna Davis Art Lovely again thank you so @the Chateau Diaries @Philip Janssen @isabelle Jarvis @Percy Attfield @escape to rural France @Gerald Grady

Natasha @Donna Davis Art I said hello to you earlier but you know it’s all love between and amongst us
Donna Davis Art @Natasha OH good, it was all whizzing by so fast I said hello to @Chrissy as well but not sure she saw it so you pass it on for me
Natasha @Donna Davis Art I’ll definitely tell her

Jimmy Connolly Nati and Amaury

Barbara Harrison @chateaudelalande. What is happening about the chapel? Did the renovations start?

SJ was busy with answers in the chat. Isabelle gave a shout out to The Chateau Diaries not SJ???

The Chateau Diaries We're having a proper Chateau Diaries vlog tonight as this week's 'Sunday Video' will be shown later this week, so that it launches at the same time as Christie's photos of my vignettes!

Sarah Lou Selma has just been pushed out. sad.
The Chateau Diaries @Sarah Lou Selmar wanted a workshop near his camper and closer to nature, so he's taken the old wood hanger by the woods

Isabelle Jarvis Wonderful the chateau diaries

Jimmy Connolly Jesus! Don’t give them eggs! They are eating themselves
The Chateau Diaries Scrambled eggs are good for newborn chicks

CA Garden Did they save the rattan sofa? I missed that part.
The Chateau Diaries @CA Garden I kept the rattan sofa in case we ever have a pool house! Major forward planning!

MP (Potty?) is donating again during the chat. Funny, Gerry has been around since SJ was born??? That's not the same story SJ and Mini Apron have been telling.

M P
$15.00

Steph... LOVE all your little Digger Digs towards Dan. LOLOL

MP

M P
$15.00
So cool this channel is a "Family Business". Nice to see Mummy, Percy and Gerry being so supportive and attending most live chats with us.

The Chateau Diaries @M P Yes, I love that too - it makes me feel much closer to Mummy, Gerald and Percy
Gerald Grady Always had Stephanies back, since the day she was born MP
Morning all - Potty broke out the biscuit money to donate in a live chat - hilarious! These chats are so boring - we do so much better!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Re Selmar and work ethic.
He arrived as a workaway at start of lock down promising "I can do dat, yes I can do dat." And what have we seen,
- an emerging habit of him sleeping until noon (he didn't when IJ there),
- his van parked in middle of the working space for Ian and his team,
- whilst Ian and team working Selmar is snoozing in his van,
- he expanded his van space with an out door seating area
- He doesn't eat dinner so he does not do dishes, cook, etc
Let's list what he mucked up or had to be redone:
- the plant borders (he decided to be artistic and curve them),
- the gigantic compost bins and their location,
- the marquis apartment curtain knobs and assumptions re "paddling"
- causing radiator leak and damage in grand salon
- the laundry shelving- despite what Tomas said
- the bathroom floors, china pantry floor dismantling
SJ is not getting 5 hours a day's worth of work, nor is she getting value if she is paying him by the hour as a live-in handyman.

Much of his "I can do dat" work has gone to Dan or professionals like Anne Marie. Eg Don't tell me Natti did not ask Selmar to fix a clothes line - a perfect handyman task.

SJ time to politely, kindly and firmly provide an end date to Selmar.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
MPK is really trying to gaslight everyone on the vlog timeline. He really hasn’t done any vlogs for weeks. The AGA repair was way back in early September, but he just released the video as if it was recent. And the wedding rescue happened weeks ago, too. His income is supposedly tied to YouTube videos…Must be nice to take months of time off.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
He hasn’t finished the work from a year ago. Church pews sitting, no benches or picnic tables complete. They showed the sink for his loo laying in pile of junk they cleaned up. Once he flooded the house I think that was the last straw he now is costing her money and not helping. He blew it, Petheric blew it, FRK blew it and Snorty will fall. They are not workers but dreamers and don’t have the intelligence, personality or talent to be stars.
And..lets not forget, now he is a vlogger he is a liability to the message. I still think the vlog he did while she was away on the repairs in that horrid guest room - would have sent her OTT. Plastic shelf and crappy dirty fixtures. The room in general under the microscope. Even his last vlog of the garden - ummmm she may not be able to tell him what he can film but I am sure she would not be happy with what he does. Au Revoir Dancing Handyman.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
MPK is really trying to gaslight everyone on the vlog timeline. He really hasn’t done any vlogs for weeks. The AGA repair was way back in early September, but he just released the video as if it was recent. And the wedding rescue happened weeks ago, too. His income is supposedly tied to YouTube videos…Must be nice to take months of time off.
The wedding at Lagorce happened on the first weekend of September (4th-5th). The IG photo of the wedding showed up on Anna's IG on the 7th, her vlog came out 10 days later.
When a commenter on The Petherick's Sept 7th vlog asked where MPK was, Billy said he had been at Begmania working on his AGA (late August), but "currently" filming at another chateau (early September).

mpk57.png

Took this screenshot 1.5 weeks ago.

MPK probably needed a few days to recover from a broken heart and emptied-out bank account. He looked so dejected at the opening of his Lagorce video.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
The longer people like Selmar and Dan stay in the area and get to know some of the locals in addition to making vlogs at LL, the more likely they are to give away any secrets that SJ would prefer to be hidden. In the past, the LL residents largely stayed in their little group together at the chateau. Dan, Selmar, etc., need to watch what they show on video and what they say to others as SJ will not be happy if she is being exposed to scrutiny as a result of something they have inadvertently given away.
I agree, that is a problem for Fanny. Also now Tatty is there she is by all accounts quite verbose. Interestingly so far mute in praise, love or awe of being at La La Lande. In the garden walk she does look for anything GROWING to comment on but the general vibe is that she is as disappointed as we are.

Reactions: 16
And..lets not forget, now he is a vlogger he is a liability to the message. I still think the vlog he did while she was away on the repairs in that horrid guest room - would have sent her OTT. Plastic shelf and crappy dirty fixtures. The room in general under the microscope. Even his last vlog of the garden - ummmm she may not be able to tell him what he can film but I am sure she would not be happy with what he does. Au Revoir Dancing Handyman.
I think she has every right to ask him not to film the Château and its grounds. Same for Dan too!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lest we forget the way Regina George La Jarvis sent daggers his way during the djembe bon fire...
Maybe his time has come to be voted off...
But as I've said in a previous post. Sillymar will only leave on his own volition, and he is still in fans' good graces. Good Luck with that Stephanie.
Regina George.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
View attachment 783835

Comment from the MPK Aga saga slog…I mean vlog. If his birthday is coming up, that probably means he’s a Libra, which would explain a lot! (no offense to other Libras out there! 😄) I researched Libra‘s “negative” traits and saw this (Note: this does not apply to ALL Libras! 😆 But it sure seemed to apply to MPK)

“Attention seeker, dishonest, trouble maker, “tit-for-tat“ mentality, controlling”

“Libras are so difficult because they're too busy pitying themselves. Libras tend to only feel bad for one person, and that person is them only. It's like the world has to revolve all around them at all times, and if it doesn't, then you're in for a wild ride. ... Libras probably want you to feel bad for them.”
He arrived as a workaway at start of lock down promising "I can do dat, yes I can do dat." And what have we seen,
SJ is not getting 5 hours a day's worth of work, nor is she getting value if she is paying him by the hour as a live-in handyman.

Much of his "I can do dat" work has gone to Dan or professionals like Anne Marie. Eg Don't tell me Natti did not ask Selmar to fix a clothes line - a perfect handyman task.

I agree. He probably costs her more in living expenses (food, electricity... Annoyance) than he makes up for in work

• Sad
Reactions: 19

Of course we only see what she shows us. I think removing and chopping down those floor stones from the china pantry room for the loo was a massive massive job. I feel like since then we have seen little of his work. Though some of it was in areas that ETTCDIY wont let them show yet. So I dont think we have enough info to judge him.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh for bloody sake have a
MPK is really trying to gaslight everyone on the vlog timeline. He really hasn’t done any vlogs for weeks. The AGA repair was way back in early September, but he just released the video as if it was recent. And the wedding rescue happened weeks ago, too. His income is supposedly tied to YouTube videos…Must be nice to take months of time off
Maybe the Aga fell on him and he is trapped!:eek:

Of course we only see what she shows us. I think removing and chopping down those floor stones from the china pantry room for the loo was a massive massive job.
That was a very heavy job !
How is the China Pantry going I wonder?????

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Of course we only see what she shows us. I think removing and chopping down those floor stones from the china pantry room for the loo was a massive massive job. I feel like since then we have seen little of his work. Though some of it was in areas that ETTCDIY wont let them show yet. So I dont think we have enough info to judge him.
If....and it's a big IF....Selmar has been working away on ETTCDIY, you think he'd at least mention it. Like..."I've been very very busy with projects but it's for the TV show, sorry I can't tell you about them yet but look! Squirrel !"
But no, not even a whisper.
I'll be very surprised if that is the case.

Reactions: 12
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 782673

Julie Montaghe seen here celebrating Spring

Julie Montaghe is also the most highly concentrated irritating American... She's like a hyper golden retriever, mouth is constantly rambling without saying much, or stating the very obvious, it just never stops. I don't know how she can be a Yoga instructor, even when she stands still she vibrates ..
Her vlogs have some potential if she'd allow people to talk and take a back set
Im American and totally cringe at her sometimes. I also can't stand her creeping out over garden snake in the pond when you're willing to go into a pond to begin with! Clam down, dear!

Has anyone landed on the Chateau de la Ferte channel? They only have a few videos up but I think they are hardworking and have potential for some good renovation vlogs

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.