The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Read Some stuff. O.k. skimmed. All 3 of my boys are Millennials at least according to their birth years. Snorts should be a Gen Z but does have some attributes of a Millennial. Taken care of to the extreme by parents....
Dont forget the grandparents...Those likely had an early retirement...sometimes the boomers stopped working at 55,here in The Netherlands in those days...today is a different matter.... so a lott of time to take care of the grandchildren, when the parents were working...and spoiled them rotten...You see it a lott...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We forgot a project which selmar finished... he did the bathroom. And he replaced mirror, towel holder etc in another room.

He must take his rest now.

I think what SJ's vlog makes it more interesting to watch are the people in it. They come and go. We tattle about the garden, the pahrties, the volunteers, the animals.
all the others might have their parents over for a while who might add to the vlog.
Imagine the fleuries having Balmain colleagues over or a bunch of cousins/friends. It would be full house and drama will come forward. Instead it is Phillip and Anna doing renovations while Phillip pulls his weight as film director. No digs, no passive aggresiveness, no spontanous laughter heard,no crazy old mama's driving them crazy.
Just fleuries with their adorable girls.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Mornin' all. I am still catching up...tattlers are getting ever faster :ROFLMAO:.Soon we will be faster than the French dogs :p!
So, bear with me if someone has already mentioned this.
Here is serious competition for our Shattelaine! She has been on UT for a while, remember the Tuscan town house she bought and renovates?
Anyways Anyway, she now has another channel, revamped her channel, and I think also changed its name.

There is serious quality here, and great potential. (personally I don't much like her, but that is not the point here)
She is so persuasive that I almost became a patron-ess. NOT.:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just watched Trotter boys vlog -the chicken angle is ok. If you take aside they lost the other ones. They seem to be trying to work out how to keep birds. Maybe some time researching how to do this - instead of rolling up to a place and buying more birds would be useful. We ALL know he can find things on the net. The part of this vlog that irked me the most was - Florian. He sticks a camera in the face of a man who is not English and then 'educates' him in how to say, convey things. Florian , grab the effing camera and turn it on to a man who lives in France and has NEVER attempted to speak in French to his viewers. Then there is a level playing field in this - not amusing, dig at a friend - he is filming. Did this to Andrew too - arrogant nit wit. No cottage updates, just the aga lover is doing well. Thank goodness I will sleep better tonight knowing that expensive stove is heating up..sheesh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Could it be that Amaury is moving to the Shitoo so he gets TV exposure?
not sure, the way he reacts so shy when he is being filmed. Guess it’s about the money and a free stay. Or he needed to take a break for a change or whatever.

He seems very down to earth, more than most of the gang.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
SNAP! I thought the same thing - here in Tassie those toilets also need to be disability friendly. Actually all access to any events on the farm need to have space for that. Plus liability insurance to host such events. No idea what the French require but if someone here falls over on the Art Trail, you need coverage.
The same in France.

I said "France"... not "Lalande".

😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Lest we forget the way Regina George La Jarvis sent daggers his way during the djembe bon fire...
Maybe his time has come to be voted off...
But as I've said in a previous post. Sillymar will only leave on his own volition, and he is still in fans' good graces. Good Luck with that Stephanie.
View attachment 784153
Clearly a sign how much knowledge she has on people....when he entered the gates in the first vlog he appeared in.... i could clearly see Selmar is a drifter end a dreamer..and no worker...she should have known ...he is useless...

Reactions: 19
Mornin' all. I am still catching up...tattlers are getting ever faster :ROFLMAO:.Soon we will be faster than the French dogs :p!
So, bear with me if someone has already mentioned this.
Here is serious competition for our Shattelaine! She has been on UT for a while, remember the Tuscan town house she bought and renovates?
Anyways Anyway, she now has another channel, revamped her channel, and I think also changed its name.

There is serious quality here, and great potential. (personally I don't much like her, but that is not the point here)
She is so persuasive that I almost became a patron-ess. NOT.:cool:
Yeah - that woman of the hanging out her washing - revelation needs clothes pins. Then repeats herself so much - I had to mute her to look at the place.

Clearly a sign how much knowledge she has on people....when he entered the gates in the first vlog he appeared in.... i could clearly see Selmar is a drifter end a dreamer..and no worker...she should have known ...he is useless...
Then so much mileage on his dancing and pets because she is hopeless in keeping something alive that has a heartbeat. OR even what is made of stone.

Reactions: 10
I think they (Fleuries) are pretty transparent about the finances, which is O.K. for me. The last years have been difficult for the hospitality industry, so the budgets didn't work out. I think they also mentioned, no renovation work inside, when they still have guests, so this could be a general issue for other B&B chateaux as well? The vlog contents are indeed a bit scarce at the moment...
Re begging and patreons on YT, there are many content creators out there with the whole YT package, and not so transparent about what they do with the money, as long as the content is good, that's fine for me, e.g. Baumgartner restoration. Where I have issues are people as MP, who seem to be re-hashing the same content again and again (see the last DIO vlog), and CD at moments, as well as Dan, who is objectifying the cousin for views.
I hear what you are saying. They are being transparent, more importantly they are productive and give good value in vlogs. As someone involved in many aspects of hospitality, social media is a short term solution in market demands. Can even be the death of a business. I do not believe for one minute they are so hard up that the decisions of patreons would be the deal breaker in going forward. It is a bonus, Phillip works in film making and can work from home Anna is interior design and she works from home. They are building a lifestyle with the B&B to stay at home. Now stop the asking and promoting patreon and get on with it - because it is tacky.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Bought chateau 23 rooms in 2 years
Have B n B running
insulated 😈
Panelling installed
Hand painted murals

And now working on the plunge pool terrace and gardens

no patron for 500 k
not a go fund me in sight
No small cottage with 70 k gone on partying and men.
No 11 holidays during Covid
Nor a squirrel
nope 👎
View attachment 784222View attachment 784223View attachment 784224View attachment 784225View attachment 784226

One 30 min show
And a terrace has been planted
A plunge pool installed
Pretty
Clean
And tastefully done ✅

did I mention not a drop of patron
Customer s staying in only 4 rooms
😈View attachment 784227View attachment 784228View attachment 784229
they clearly are retired, probably have money from their own...when you can buy a place and decorate it with your own money, have some other sources of income..then you can use the rour rooms as a upkeep for the chateau...not possible if you have to live of it, and pay mortgage...

Reactions: 13
as well as Dan, who is objectifying the cousin for views.
I am going to Danfend here. He is not really trying to objectifying Amaury or use him as click bait. He is doing it ironically and it is his own humour that is the attraction. He clearly likes Amaury a lot and would not want to objectify or offend him or his female viewers in any way.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
We forgot a project which selmar finished... he did the bathroom. And he replaced mirror, towel holder etc in another room.

He must take his rest now.

I think what SJ's vlog makes it more interesting to watch are the people in it. They come and go. We tattle about the garden, the pahrties, the volunteers, the animals.
all the others might have their parents over for a while who might add to the vlog.
Imagine the fleuries having Balmain colleagues over or a bunch of cousins/friends. It would be full house and drama will come forward. Instead it is Phillip and Anna doing renovations while Phillip pulls his weight as film director. No digs, no passive aggresiveness, no spontanous laughter heard,no crazy old mama's driving them crazy.
Just fleuries with their adorable girls.
That is Fannys whole product - the crazy. I am all for it - go girl, do crazy is as crazy does. Entertainment and fantasy for a viewer they too can visit this place and experience. There is always a but isn't there... people are piling money in to see the changes she promotes and the work does not add up to the changes. Entertaining as her carnival lifestyle is - it can still be that without the grift. Ad Rev - go for it. Even sponsor a product - go for it. Money for a lake, chapel, restored panels - forget it. Unless she asks the patter-ons - are you ok with the money you pledge being for video content - alone. Then things could change dramatically. I believe they will not be interested in video content alone or holidays etc. It would dry up very fast. The sell is that this is a restoration/keeping the chateau going project. So far it is failing badly.

Portaloos?
Yes, we have had the here and they work well but still had to have disability one close by - ( here the art distillery has one) if they have one in the house --umm downstairs loo looks too narrow. I would be wondering?

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Yes Marie is definitely in Haworth. I recognise the landscape behind her. She's off to Bath to do the course and "collaborate" with them in October.
She'll might love Haworth, it has a new age shop "for all your psychic phenomena needs" and nice cafes, or she might hate it when the winter sets in, believe me the cold is phenomenal. Its a cute, flaky place but very small and everything closes up in winter. There's the Bronte connection if she likes the books.
It's a great place if she likes walking.
.She could walk up to the remains of Top Withins (Wuthering Heights) in her floaty dresses looking for Heathcliffe( not our Tattler one). 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Bought chateau 23 rooms in 2 years
Have B n B running
insulated 😈
Panelling installed
Hand painted murals

And now working on the plunge pool terrace and gardens

no patron for 500 k
not a go fund me in sight
No small cottage with 70 k gone on partying and men.
No 11 holidays during Covid
Nor a squirrel
nope 👎
View attachment 784222View attachment 784223View attachment 784224View attachment 784225View attachment 784226

One 30 min show
And a terrace has been planted
A plunge pool installed
Pretty
Clean
And tastefully done ✅

did I mention not a drop of patron
Customer s staying in only 4 rooms
😈View attachment 784227View attachment 784228View attachment 784229
Interesting, although why such a big château for two people? Costly to run ... no guests = no income. Best way to live in a château is with income that's not generated from gîtes or B&B ...

Reactions: 5
Could it be that Amaury is moving to the Shitoo so he gets TV exposure?
Just my thoughts..... is he moving to the HMN because of several factors?
1. Bad breakup
2. Almost 2 years of lock downs and being pinged by the CV app every time he steps out the door with mandatory 10 (or7 or 14) day quarantine.
3. Scarcity of specialty wood products for his business. Brexit could be a major factor in this.
4. Loss of customers and income, decided to try and make a go of it in France.
5. Per several discussions with cousin Steppy, immediate job at shatoo, find his feet again, lucky man to have a cousin in position to assist with restarting business.

• Heart
I am going to Danfend here. He is not really trying to objectifying Amaury or use him as click bait. He is doing it ironically and it is his own humour that is the attraction. He clearly likes Amaury a lot and would not want to objectify or offend him or his female viewers in any way.
I think he's just doing it for a laugh and Amaury goes along with it for the laugh too.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.