The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just shown my husband Anne Marie's UK workshop and all the machinery he has. His comment.... I wish him luck getting them to work in rural France with the poor electrical supply. Those machines could need three phase.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
It's almost time for another Monday gift grab and more of BJJ's birthday gifts.
I feel like the hedgehog below. ☹

1632777171624.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Wait, I chatted with Michael today?

Oh I swear, if you all deprived me of the chance getting to know him personally, I’ll switch sides.
He’s so damn cute and I could even forgive him that Madrid adventure.

Don’t y’all stand in my way or Damocles‘ Sword will be judge, jury, and executioner.

i am 41, single, and horny for God’s sake!!!!
Just for a little encouragement for you; my brother was in his 40s before he came out, met his partner online and has had the longest lasting relationship in the family.

And, you are worth so much better than MPK!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You just reminded me out of the blue of an older lady I was next to in a yoga class in Massachusetts. Hearing that I wasn't a local, and apropos of nothing, she regaled me with an incongruous, unsolicited tale of how she'd got seasick sailing off the Cape recently. She made sure to let me know her august lineage by saying that her friend had commented, "But, Marjorie, how can you get seasick when your family came over in the Mayflower?"

I forbore to whip out my Debretts and trump her gauche, snobbish, self-elevation attempt with my 1,800 years of blue-blooded genes.
As you so rightly intimate, it's character that matters, it's how you treat others that really counts. Not how you exploited good people and your entitled ancestors' name to acquire money/power/fame.

Certain circles in English society particularly are still intensely snobbish (watch 'Lady C' in full flight...it's quite sickening IMHO. ).
Besides it's ludicrous - the genealogists tell us that a large ajority heritage Brits and thus many Americans of UK origin are descended from King Edward III, though most have lost the paperwork over the generations.
(PS I'm proud to say that I can count ag. labs. (agricultural labourers) and an actual washerwoman amongst my ancestors on the other side.

Yes, though I think he's on his way out in any case.
The two bigger issues for me here are the glamper proprietors' tell-tale nastiness and the growing encroachment on the rights of property owners to do what they want on their land.

So, Steffie has ONE small RV on her 60-odd acres...how does that materially affect the glamper people? It's not taking any business away from them. If they could get Selmar to park on their land for a weekly rent, they would.

Their complaint only makes them look petty and mean. IMHO.
I looked at their website a few weeks ago, before this news. I thought that it might be an interesting, peaceful place to spend a few days when all's safe again. Now, I wouldn't even go near it with a disinfected bargepole!

And the other thing is that it's just a little RV of a friend who helps with household jobs, and tucked well away out of sight. It's not bothering anyone at all in practical terms. What business is it of any arm of gvt?

Please don't think that I'm Steff-fending! Perish the thought!
Just that there are bigger, more important principles of freedom and good manners at play here, as far as I'm concerned.
Well said...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Directed by Ann Marie, which Selmar said in his intvu with SJ he hates, I think there's plenty of work for Selmar at Lalande, pews, shutterdogs, marten-proof housing for Sif and chicks NOT TO MENTION THE 145 ROTTING WINDOWS I'm obsessed with. If AM starts taking outside commissions, even further work for SD. I'm thinking that's not going to happen, because SD's full of kumbaya on the tango evenings, as he describes to TH in the latest rockin' van vid.
The problem with Selmar is that he doesn't want to work. Like he said early in the CD vlogs, he likes to sleep late and work only few hours a day at his own pace. He can't be left in charge of any work, let alone repairing 145 windows. Pure craziness to keep him just to build a chicken coop or install pews when the others won't let him participate. I wish him well but @Dippy Hippy is spot on of his type. Maybe in time the curtain is lifted and we get an idea if it's his laziness/slow pace why he's not included in the renos or pure greed from the expat community hogging all the work.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I've just shown my husband Anne Marie's UK workshop and all the machinery he has. His comment.... I wish him luck getting them to work in rural France with the poor electrical supply. Those machines could need three phase.
Amaury is going to set the place on fire just trying to plug them in 🔥📛 🔥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I anticipate that he is relocating long-term to France.
The VAT aspect will not be fun to deal with when his parents go through customs.
The plug systems are not the same format either. Will insurance cover a case if an electricity-related problem arises?

• Heart
Reactions: 14

For research purposes 🧐
From the article shared above by @Albee

😂😂

" Currently, she runs a Bed and Breakfast business from within the confines of the grounds and it has become a popular destination for tourists."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Directed by Ann Marie, which Selmar said in his intvu with SJ he hates, I think there's plenty of work for Selmar at Lalande, pews, shutterdogs, marten-proof housing for Sif and chicks NOT TO MENTION THE 145 ROTTING WINDOWS I'm obsessed with. If AM starts taking outside commissions, even further work for SD. I'm thinking that's not going to happen, because SD's full of kumbaya on the tango evenings, as he describes to TH in the latest rockin' van vid.
we will 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh no! She's really going to Haworth, my birthplace. I know which cafe to avoid now when I visit my family for the pre Christmas meetup on the Main street . Most of my relatives still live in the village 😂. However I did like the look of Nicki Taylor's cooking, when she was doing the music workshops, pre pandemic. I'm torn!
Go and pay a visit, and let tattlers know all about it afterwards 😇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I cant wait to see today's Gift Gangbang at the Shitoo, as we get to meet another certifiable nutter.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I cant wait to see today's Gift Gangbang at the Shitoo, as we get to meet another certifiable nutter.
There was a post on FB group that was deleted before I could screenshot... Apparently some thirsty grannies posted about AnnMarie and it got deleted, and then someone else posted to ask what happened to the post.

Wendy commented under that post saying Amory gave her a ride to airport and that they chatted all the way and he is very sweet.

I really do wonder why he would subject himself to these nutcases... but if he's giving out free rides.. I mean.. a girl may just consider visiting the shitshow :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The problem with Selmar is that he doesn't want to work. Like he said early in the CD vlogs, he likes to sleep late and work only few hours a day at his own pace. He can't be left in charge of any work, let alone repairing 145 windows. Pure craziness to keep him just to build a chicken coop or install pews when the others won't let him participate. I wish him well but @Dippy Hippy is spot on of his type. Maybe in time the curtain is lifted and we get an idea if it's his laziness/slow pace why he's not included in the renos or pure greed from the expat community hogging all the work.
Yes, he describes his religion of the lazy morning at the end of this last vid.

Thread ideas
How to set up your own McChateau @Lieileen
Kumbaya Tango evenings @purejuice
@Lieileen I fell out on McChateau. Well said.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
From the article shared above by @Albee

😂😂

" Currently, she runs a Bed and Breakfast business from within the confines of the grounds and it has become a popular destination for tourists."
Aah, what a 💩💩💩newspaper. Poor Erin & Jean-Baptiste have been renamed as Stephanie & Nic

Renamed.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Ms Putzfrau knows what she's talking about: tips & tricks!
She just showed us the 15- year old tidiness heaped up in the outside building.
Sh-te.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.