The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to figure out recorded but YouTube WONT upload ….
It’s highlighted how little SSB has achieved - this is 2 years old and some of the works are stunning 🤩
It drives me wild. I'd get up off my death bed to organize the restoration of the lake and the shutter dogs, et al, if that amount of money was laid on me.
I'm feeling that energy in the Dan/Amaury/Nati plus Kirsty git-er-done conjunction. Hope that fugue vibe of SJ's is blasted away.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
So it seems the Fleuries are reserving Patreon funds for artisanal resto -- local blacksmith engaged for gates, I might part with a dime for. Hedges and barn resto, I don't know. They might persuade me with a pledge to employ local restos like Benoit and friends, and to use the restored buildings for local community somehow -- ancient church right next door would have good suggestions and contacts. Housing a pod of Compagnons du Devoir, now that would be cool. Teaching locals to print artisanal wallpaper for free, ditto. Soup kitchen or church-related community center stuff, yes please.
The long houses/barns are a historical feature and in need of urgent work, but after patreon funds are spent for the structural and new roofs the Fleuries will probably start turning them into gites for their business. The houses need to be used but to benefit the local community as well as you suggested. What I like is they use local French artisans and not just rotate the money inside their expat community. The garden is a vanity project but at the moment they're living in the middle of a football field. The sooner they plant hedging to mount the house in to the landscape and create garden rooms, point de vue, vistas, the better. It will take a decade to grow. I understand the urgency to plant now.

Honestly, they should be able to pay all from their own pockets. When you buy a chateau you should have the proper funds or feasible business plan and unselfish initiative to save the house for the future generations to begin with. If you don't, you don't buy. All the chateaux are worth saving, it doesn't matter if the house is listed or not, but should be left to people who can actually save them. La Gorge is a prime example how modern materials (trying to imitate old) have ruined the magic of an old building. Lalande will be the next.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Re VIP status do comments on other thread topics count? I've made a few comments on other Tattle threads. Oh I feel dirty and unfaithful admiting that.
I hope so, as I’m making myself comfy on the Strictly threads now it’s started again :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Selmar is an employee, not a friend. Would that make a difference?
I think Selmar fell head over heels for Stephanie, but was "punching above his weight ", as we say in the UK. When he realised she wasn't interested and started her friendship with a younger man disillusion set in. You could see the anger and pain in his face during the blogs when Philip first arrived. Selmar was so jealous of the younger man. He couldn't believe it. He started going away at this point.
He's stayed at the chateau because it's an easy parkup for his van, he gets meals, alcohol, parties, in exchange for some work. (He's no longer doing much work). He's an old hippy looking for somewhere good to crash and has fallen on his feet. He needs to be moved on. I suspect Stephanie is too afraid to confront him directly. Matt and Dan tried to deal with it in a crude way, with the rough bantering about where his van should go. I think Selmar has some difficulties as he didn't take the hint. He needs to be moved on now. I'm not Steph fending, but I would want him out too. I've lived in communal settings and I've seen these "very sweet, good with animals, spiritual guru" types, who don't contribute much to the community but just hang around, taking not giving. I would applaud Stephanie if she just told him to leave. Her sort of setup will attract hangers on. Sorry, I think Selmar is good at heart, but he needs to go. He's done well out of the chateau, free lodgings for little work, got his face on YouTube, got his own vlogs, got a new girlfriend. Just go now Selmar, while you've still got dignity and good luck to you and Tatty.
I have old hippie rellies like that. And, good observation on the arrival of PJ.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Selmar is an employee, not a friend. Would that make a difference?
I think Selmar fell head over heels for Stephanie, but was "punching above his weight ", as we say in the UK. When he realised she wasn't interested and started her friendship with a younger man disillusion set in. You could see the anger and pain in his face during the blogs when Philip first arrived. Selmar was so jealous of the younger man. He couldn't believe it. He started going away at this point.
He's stayed at the chateau because it's an easy parkup for his van, he gets meals, alcohol, parties, in exchange for some work. (He's no longer doing much work). He's an old hippy looking for somewhere good to crash and has fallen on his feet. He needs to be moved on. I suspect Stephanie is too afraid to confront him directly. Matt and Dan tried to deal with it in a crude way, with the rough bantering about where his van should go. I think Selmar has some difficulties as he didn't take the hint. He needs to be moved on now. I'm not Steph fending, but I would want him out too. I've lived in communal settings and I've seen these "very sweet, good with animals, spiritual guru" types, who don't contribute much to the community but just hang around, taking not giving. I would applaud Stephanie if she just told him to leave. Her sort of setup will attract hangers on. Sorry, I think Selmar is good at heart, but he needs to go. He's done well out of the chateau, free lodgings for little work, got his face on YouTube, got his own vlogs, got a new girlfriend. Just go now Selmar, while you've still got dignity and good luck to you and Tatty.
I think most here would agree it is time for Selmar & Tatty to find their own rainbow

however, the following problems arise:

Fanny Fairplay is a coward and cannot face a conflict face forward-maybe AnnMarie is going to be the enforcer?
Tatty doesn’t look to be a woman someone simply might dismiss with a shrug and “oh well”-she won’t be ignored!
No one but Kristy left to care for animals-maybe she gets a larger role on the ole shatoe?
Don’t count out Selmar’s tenacity-he can be a stubborn old cat who turns a deaf ear to all of it to avoid the inevitable eviction!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
All the chateaux are worth saving, it doesn't matter if the house is listed or not, but should be left to people who can actually save them.
And who don't make You Tube vlogs about it.

Jacqueline and Emma... the Great Team !

Samantha C
11 hours agoAmaury's "Jesus Christ" under his breath was everything! I think they should Spring clean when Stephanie is next on holiday . . .

Hide 2 replies
Jacqueline Reynolds
1 hour agoPeople seem to forget its her house and her possessions. Its no one elses business to get rid of anything without her permission

Emma Miller
4 minutes ago
@Jacqueline Reynolds and she rightly saved everything because she has had no money to splash until very recently

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I wonder if Selmar and Tatty believe that they can live at LL and he can have his dance studio there. Maybe T thinks they can also organise "historical events" there and perhaps that's what she's discussing with Steph. Selmar showed in a vlog that he used to take part in re-enactments so maybe they want to do that. Can't see that working well! The dancing "lessons" are dreadful, no one would want to pay anything for that.
I think that was semi-addressed in the last Selmar video, TH talks about how much better it will be when he gets his "own ballroom".

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Do you think Selmar's passivity is the result of mistreatment?
Did he go on strike after all the bullying? Was she already torturing him before he stopped working?
When the local expat community smelled the money, they have made every effort to systematically supersede him. You can sense the belittling attitude and see he's been excluded from all work. I would call it bullying. In SJ's defense there's no more need for a handyman who works only few hours a day but she should have a talk with him and take her promises back since the situation has changed. She's a coward and rather leaves him out to dry, alone and frustrated. I hope Tatyana will succeed encouraging him to leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Steph has created à sort of "Academy" where they all learn from her advices and tips.

Some of them are more talented than others to play with their audience...

I wonder if it's a fee paying school ? 😅
Maybe it’s a franchise like McDonalds.
In exchange for SJ helping set up your McChateau operation and sharing her contacts, she must be able to use your image, footage and property for her vlogs whenever she likes, inclusive of sending her other franchisees to annoy you (think Marie visiting the Fleuries).

Don’t pay your fees and Stephanie will exile you from the McChateau circle and lay an 18th century curse on your chimneys.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Nichola provided somewhat of an explanation as to what FRK may be up to next. (I'm still not sure what that is.) I do believe that Nichola and Jill may provide FRK with some motherly advice and support. FRK should heed their advice and roll up her sleeves and do the HARD WORK necessary to be SUCCESSFUL!!! Only time will tell.

View attachment 783012
@incabellablog
Nichola Jane Taylor

@incabellablog
It’s happening! I have been very fortunate and honoured to have had the opportunity to work with so many talented chefs and wonderful people during my career in the hospitality industry. So I’m excited to be able to tell you my latest news! Now that we are progressing further with the new project, I can reveal more. I can say at this stage, that it involves me moving to Haworth in Yorkshire, where I’ll be joining an already successful business, to start work on the next chapter of my cooking career. I’ll be working with my dear friends (of 30+years) and business owners, Jill & Michael @cobblesandclay and their amazing team. I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll also be spending a lot more time in Haworth, with my lovely friend @bymariewiik whilst she continues to work on her beautiful floral designs and establishes her new business. As you may know already, I had the pleasure of working with Marie @chateaudelalande and appearing in château diaries in the summer of 2020. We became good friends, so it’s very exciting to be bringing together, friends with such passion and positive energy to collaborate on a new venture. Follow along on Instagram to see our exciting new projects unfold over the next few months. It’s going to be very exciting and a great new adventure indeed for all. @cobblesandclay @bymariewiik @incabellablog @incabella.com @chateaudelalande @stephanieejarvis @johnwrightmushroomsjoh
Oh no! She's really going to Haworth, my birthplace. I know which cafe to avoid now when I visit my family for the pre Christmas meetup on the Main street . Most of my relatives still live in the village 😂. However I did like the look of Nicki Taylor's cooking, when she was doing the music workshops, pre pandemic. I'm torn!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I think most here would agree it is time for Selmar & Tatty to find their own rainbow

however, the following problems arise:

Fanny Fairplay is a coward and cannot face a conflict face forward-maybe AnnMarie is going to be the enforcer?
Tatty doesn’t look to be a woman someone simply might dismiss with a shrug and “oh well”-she won’t be ignored!
No one but Kristy left to care for animals-maybe she gets a larger role on the ole shatoe?
Don’t count out Selmar’s tenacity-he can be a stubborn old cat who turns a deaf ear to all of it to avoid the inevitable eviction!
Directed by Ann Marie, which Selmar said in his intvu with SJ he hates, I think there's plenty of work for Selmar at Lalande, pews, shutterdogs, marten-proof housing for Sif and chicks NOT TO MENTION THE 145 ROTTING WINDOWS I'm obsessed with. If AM starts taking outside commissions, even further work for SD. I'm thinking that's not going to happen, because SD's full of kumbaya on the tango evenings, as he describes to TH in the latest rockin' van vid.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think @Goatboy and a flying monkey have been located eating Ma Trotter's berries.

Bingo …..

nail on the head

I’d say ma Petherick is livid their cover is blown up

but petulant MOLD …
will do that
On time
Every time ….

you can at least rely on him for that
😈

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh no! She's really going to Haworth, my birthplace. I know which cafe to avoid now when I visit my family for the pre Christmas meetup on the Main street . Most of my relatives still live in the village 😂. However I did like the look of Nicki Taylor's cooking, when she was doing the music workshops, pre pandemic. I'm torn!
At the speed FRK is traversing the UK I think she will be long gone from Haworth by the time you are heading there. The phrase burning bridges applies, I reckon she TELLS her hosts how they should be doing things and they politely suggest she moves on.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wait, I chatted with Michael today?

Oh I swear, if you all deprived me of the chance getting to know him personally, I’ll switch sides.
He’s so damn cute and I could even forgive him that Madrid adventure.

Don’t y’all stand in my way or Damocles‘ Sword will be judge, jury, and executioner.

i am 41, single, and horny for God’s sake!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.