The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's also the Brenda Gibbons of UK but with slightly better connections and behind this:
Grand Historic Tours – Exclusive and unforgettable journeys to the historic and stately homes of Great Britain
This is off topic but if anyone enjoys podcasts The History Chicks did a two part deep dive into Lady Mary Wortley Montagu who is part of the Earl of Sandwich line. She is credited with bringing the smallpox vaccine to England (even though Doctor Edward Jenner gets most of the credit). She led a crazy life. It was a fascinating listen!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Talking about all the seeds that were gifted and some planted and never heard about again, whatever happened to Jenny Peahen? I remember her telling them in the chats to check on the seedlings she had left in a specific window.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do you think Selmar's passivity is the result of mistreatment?
Did he go on strike after all the bullying? Was she already torturing him before he stopped working?
You have a really good point- it would make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Dan the man looks like he has a man bun himself in the thumbnail? unless I need a new pair of glasses. All he needs now is the manbag and he'll be tres cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The long houses/barns are a historical feature and in need of urgent work, but after patreon funds are spent for the structural and new roofs the Fleuries will probably start turning them into gites for their business. The houses need to be used but to benefit the local community as well as you suggested. What I like is they use local French artisans and not just rotate the money inside their expat community. The garden is a vanity project but at the moment they're living in the middle of a football field. The sooner they plant hedging to mount the house in to the landscape and create garden rooms, point de vue, vistas, the better. It will take a decade to grow. I understand the urgency to plant now.

Honestly, they should be able to pay all from their own pockets. When you buy a chateau you should have the proper funds or feasible business plan and unselfish initiative to save the house for the future generations to begin with. If you don't, you don't buy. All the chateaux are worth saving, it doesn't matter if the house is listed or not, but should be left to people who can actually save them. La Gorge is a prime example how modern materials (trying to imitate old) have ruined the magic of an old building. Lalande will be the next.
I love those timber barns. As one famous quote in The Mummy film said, ' you can shave me, wax me and use me for a surfboard if you would give me them *sigh* 😉'

Wait, I chatted with Michael today?

Oh I swear, if you all deprived me of the chance getting to know him personally, I’ll switch sides.
He’s so damn cute and I could even forgive him that Madrid adventure.

Don’t y’all stand in my way or Damocles‘ Sword will be judge, jury, and executioner.

i am 41, single, and horny for God’s sake!!!!
We're saving you from yourself. Standards man, standards! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I love those timber barns. As one famous quote in The Mummy film said, ' you can shave me, wax me and use me for a surfboard if you would give me them *sigh* 😉'
Yes, I loved it when they were touring those ancient barns... the timbers alone are history!
I really hope they get to them soon, some of the rooms were in dire need of restoration.

It depends on how far the mayor is ready to go.

@Clara Burnett thinks that he won't do anything : too many interests in common.

Time will tell (or not).

And maybe, maybe, Lalande has declared the camper van to the town authorities... It is Lalande responsability to do so as @BubbleWorld said.

Who knows.
But, he has been moving it to different locations on the weekend, so wouldn't that technically restart the day count every time he returned back to the Shitoo?

Reactions: 5
Is it just me or does he look like a Disney hero. Can't think which one though...
We need to ask SJ, she's into fantasyland things, not forgetting Disneyland Paris of course.

But, he has been moving it to different locations on the weekend, so wouldn't that technically restart the day count every time he returned back to the Shitoo?
Nope, because Lalande is considered as his base, where he stays most of the time and works.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh no! She's really going to Haworth, my birthplace. I know which cafe to avoid now when I visit my family for the pre Christmas meetup on the Main street . Most of my relatives still live in the village 😂. However I did like the look of Nicki Taylor's cooking, when she was doing the music workshops, pre pandemic. I'm torn!
I have business over there at some point (petrol situation allowing) I think Nicki can kiss her business goodbye with some farewell florals.

I shall be awaiting a fight at Dawn...

Ms Putzfrau knows what she's talking about: tips & tricks!
She just showed us the 15- year old tidiness heaped up in the outside building.
View attachment 783761
She must be on the Hinch Thread and then ignores all the advice 🤣

• Haha
Steph has created à sort of "Academy" where they all learn from her advices and tips.

Some of them are more talented than others to play with their audience...

I wonder if it's a fee paying school ? 😅
Many threads ago, we dubbed Lalande as the "School of Grifting and Scroungery!" 🥴 ;) ✌

lalande school.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Not quite clear on how the expat workers forced Selmar out of work. I've never seen the Ians do any kind of furniture repair -- well on bathrooms, OK. Are we thinking they screwed him out of the proposed china room et al? Or are we thinking they've blackballed him on work he was supposed to be pursuing outside the chateau? Didn't he have to have three other employers to get his worker papers?

• Sick
Reactions: 11
And somewhere on FB, Wendy Grimwood reports that Tatty has a room in the shatoo! Only room in the camper for her trunks? Diesel evicted her? Selmar smokes? hmmmm.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Meanwhile, Nutkins has planned to return to the Shitoo with his very own man-bun.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.