The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how they got loans in the first place. Running a BnB while renovating seems like a losing battle. With all of the reviews just a click away, your business is killed with a couple of well written negative reviews.
Dick and Angel are always saying that. The wedding venue business is far more profitable and actually, according to them, puts you in the black.
COVID and perhaps Brexit have shown, however, you shouldn't put all your eggs in even that wedding basket. Videos and TV shows are the real source of income, and depend, as the Strawbridges conned out, on reno. Once reno is done, let's do a series on other peoples'.
The Petherick/Jarvis argument, that the videos themselves are art, does not apply to everyone. Dan's are. The Fleuries, not so much, though Phillip has been begging us for cameras shamelessly and relentlessly for months. Because reno got dust on the lens of the old one. Lens cap, €5 euros. Dan has understood the reno/video algorithm as well, and may now be blundering into Phillip's arena of asking Patreons to support his art -- ie., videos, not restoration. Like Phillip, Dan is building a studio, which may be the right financial decision for them. And begging for a drone which, according to @HalcyonOrganic's knowledge of the warranty on the old drone, may not, strictly speaking, be necessary for Dan to earn his video crust.
I do think Patreons have a right to more financial transparency, and to vote on projects as SJ started out doing. Dan has provided neither of these options.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Just watching the new series in the background whilst working. It's same old, same old and doesn't feel the same without Dick narrating.
Same interesting that Anna / bag head bought for 895 k

that was a bargain
Considering they said on YouTube it was bank of mum n dad 😂

bargain
😈

Reactions: 7
Same. After the vlog...
- I put up a pyramide shelf (Amagerhylde for those who are interested) my father made in his youth. It hangs above the TV.
- Put out the Paper refuse, Metal & Plastic refuse and the regular refuse.
- Cleaned my appartment
- Read 100 pages in my book
- Still need to clean my bathroom sink drain. It's my own fault, I brush my hair there and it falls in the drain. 😭:sick: (I would love to manifest a plumber. 💖)

In any case La Lande inspires me to clean my home... Well done Stephanie... 😏
I can do relate! Reminds me of when i used to watch Hoarders, always freaked me out and I'd purge a closet or 2!

The old chair of dad's made me cringe and reminded me of my narc mom who hoarded too. She was sentimental about everything left by those who had passed. It's an illness. My sister and I have spent too much of our lives hauling her tit to the dump and the thrift store.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Thank you for posting this. The biggest take away from it is something we already knew to be true: SJ is advertising her scam by teaching other grifters how to evade taxes. The fleuries might make it sound like they are all above board, but by presenting SJ as the source of their financial planning, we know they have chosen the dark path too.
way too much information with them, they completely blew it with this one, the luv is now gone. 🤢 SJ has that innate ability to infect them all with her special brand of rot and ensuing decay.

• Sad
So...if Selmar doesn't make a fast exit...like his entrance...he'll be owing 2 years in tax, already in arrears?
It depends on how far the mayor is ready to go.

@Clara Burnett thinks that he won't do anything : too many interests in common.

Time will tell (or not).

And maybe, maybe, Lalande has declared the camper van to the town authorities... It is Lalande responsability to do so as @BubbleWorld said.

Who knows.

Last edited:
It depends on how far the mayor is ready to go.

@Clara Burnett thinks that he won't do anything : too many interests in common.

Time will tell (or not).

And maybe, maybe, Lalande has declared the camper van to the town authorities... It is Lalande responsability to do so as @BubbleWorld said.

Who knows.
it’s really more how Fanny decides to play it-she can use it to shoo Selmar out or make it her next raison d'être and raise patreon funds off it

Reactions: 8
Well now, that's opened up a whole new world of Patreon-sponsored grifting for FRK. 🤣
(And she's daft enough to do it. Someone just needs to suggest it's about her inner Amazon goddess.)
That kind of "sponsorship" belongs in Only Fans, not Patreaon :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Nichola provided somewhat of an explanation as to what FRK may be up to next. (I'm still not sure what that is.) I do believe that Nichola and Jill may provide FRK with some motherly advice and support. FRK should heed their advice and roll up her sleeves and do the HARD WORK necessary to be SUCCESSFUL!!! Only time will tell.

View attachment 783012
@incabellablog
Nichola Jane Taylor

@incabellablog
It’s happening! I have been very fortunate and honoured to have had the opportunity to work with so many talented chefs and wonderful people during my career in the hospitality industry. So I’m excited to be able to tell you my latest news! Now that we are progressing further with the new project, I can reveal more. I can say at this stage, that it involves me moving to Haworth in Yorkshire, where I’ll be joining an already successful business, to start work on the next chapter of my cooking career. I’ll be working with my dear friends (of 30+years) and business owners, Jill & Michael @cobblesandclay and their amazing team. I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll also be spending a lot more time in Haworth, with my lovely friend @bymariewiik whilst she continues to work on her beautiful floral designs and establishes her new business. As you may know already, I had the pleasure of working with Marie @chateaudelalande and appearing in château diaries in the summer of 2020. We became good friends, so it’s very exciting to be bringing together, friends with such passion and positive energy to collaborate on a new venture. Follow along on Instagram to see our exciting new projects unfold over the next few months. It’s going to be very exciting and a great new adventure indeed for all. @cobblesandclay @bymariewiik @incabellablog @incabella.com @chateaudelalande @stephanieejarvis @johnwrightmushroomsjoh
totally in agreement, I think this is very decent of her and a good path for Marie. she will survive if she has a mentor and you are right, a motherly, calm type who can speak to her in a non threatening way. it may also keep her away from SJ and lalande, which is her only hope for any personal success.

Reactions: 16
FRK had to take the initiative to come and say goodbye, so SJ never made the effort.
SJ had her climb onto her bed HQ.
Being filmed in her bedwear.
Doesn't SJ have any self-consciousness about what is appropriate?
Or she thinks she's Le Roi Soleil who required a court from the moment he woke up to the minute he went to bed.
We owe ourselves entirely to the public.

It's easy to understand why she sees herself as a Madame Soleil.
Subtitles in English!
I'm team Roi Soleil, ever since the French Heritage Society Zoom meeting in which she filmed her ladies' maid primping her perruque poudré. Showing the world exactly what she thinks of him, and the well-heeled, Francophone membership of the NYC heritage soc. She smears fecal matter on every bona fide opportunity she gets.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I am pretty sure I have a tablecloth made out of that same yellow print (the dress last night)…

[gets out house dress pattern, tape measure and tablecloth]

voila-my own cottage industry! I start a youtube channel all about my tablecloth dresses-Stephantasy finds me and makes me a star🤩-only to later attempt to destroy my fame and fortune because it has eclipsed her own 😪

it‘s a tale as old as time
Ace plan!
Can I invest in your start-up please? I know you'll be successful because you have a business plan and scoped the SWOTs already!
Which is light years away from Stefantasy's MO.

(Don't worry, I have a plan to stop Steffy's destruction efforts dead in their tracks. Best not to tip her off here though. We'll have to talk about it in the secure room at the VIP Lounge. :cool:😉)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
way too much information with them, they completely blew it with this one, the luv is now gone. 🤢 SJ has that innate ability to infect them all with her special brand of rot and ensuing decay.
The way I see it they see her $ amount/success on patreon and are trying to get a slice of that pie. They gained 11 new patrons overnight. They have to be making a pretty good amount now from 614 patrons. And SJ hit the $32k mark overnight.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Blimey. What is it with these people and their effusive, overwrought hyperbole? It actually exhausts me just reading it.

Nicky J got a new job at a little cafe up north, FRK is renting a garage and making some table decs for the cafe. And they'll all have such jolly good fun.
Whistling in the dark.
For the very grown up version, "House of Mirth".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
You just reminded me out of the blue of an older lady I was next to in a yoga class in Massachusetts. Hearing that I wasn't a local, and apropos of nothing, she regaled me with an incongruous, unsolicited tale of how she'd got seasick sailing off the Cape recently. She made sure to let me know her august lineage by saying that her friend had commented, "But, Marjorie, how can you get seasick when your family came over in the Mayflower?"

I forbore to whip out my Debretts and trump her gauche, snobbish, self-elevation attempt with my 1,800 years of blue-blooded genes.
As you so rightly intimate, it's character that matters, it's how you treat others that really counts. Not how you exploited good people and your entitled ancestors' name to acquire money/power/fame.

Certain circles in English society particularly are still intensely snobbish (watch 'Lady C' in full flight...it's quite sickening IMHO. ).
Besides it's ludicrous - the genealogists tell us that a large ajority heritage Brits and thus many Americans of UK origin are descended from King Edward III, though most have lost the paperwork over the generations.
(PS I'm proud to say that I can count ag. labs. (agricultural labourers) and an actual washerwoman amongst my ancestors on the other side.

Yes, though I think he's on his way out in any case.
The two bigger issues for me here are the glamper proprietors' tell-tale nastiness and the growing encroachment on the rights of property owners to do what they want on their land.

So, Steffie has ONE small RV on her 60-odd acres...how does that materially affect the glamper people? It's not taking any business away from them. If they could get Selmar to park on their land for a weekly rent, they would.

Their complaint only makes them look petty and mean. IMHO.
I looked at their website a few weeks ago, before this news. I thought that it might be an interesting, peaceful place to spend a few days when all's safe again. Now, I wouldn't even go near it with a disinfected bargepole!

And the other thing is that it's just a little RV of a friend who helps with household jobs, and tucked well away out of sight. It's not bothering anyone at all in practical terms. What business is it of any arm of gvt?

Please don't think that I'm Steff-fending! Perish the thought!
Just that there are bigger, more important principles of freedom and good manners at play here, as far as I'm concerned.
Selmar is an employee, not a friend. Would that make a difference?
Do you think Selmar's passivity is the result of mistreatment?
Did he go on strike after all the bullying? Was she already torturing him before he stopped working?
I think Selmar fell head over heels for Stephanie, but was "punching above his weight ", as we say in the UK. When he realised she wasn't interested and started her friendship with a younger man disillusion set in. You could see the anger and pain in his face during the blogs when Philip first arrived. Selmar was so jealous of the younger man. He couldn't believe it. He started going away at this point.
He's stayed at the chateau because it's an easy parkup for his van, he gets meals, alcohol, parties, in exchange for some work. (He's no longer doing much work). He's an old hippy looking for somewhere good to crash and has fallen on his feet. He needs to be moved on. I suspect Stephanie is too afraid to confront him directly. Matt and Dan tried to deal with it in a crude way, with the rough bantering about where his van should go. I think Selmar has some difficulties as he didn't take the hint. He needs to be moved on now. I'm not Steph fending, but I would want him out too. I've lived in communal settings and I've seen these "very sweet, good with animals, spiritual guru" types, who don't contribute much to the community but just hang around, taking not giving. I would applaud Stephanie if she just told him to leave. Her sort of setup will attract hangers on. Sorry, I think Selmar is good at heart, but he needs to go. He's done well out of the chateau, free lodgings for little work, got his face on YouTube, got his own vlogs, got a new girlfriend. Just go now Selmar, while you've still got dignity and good luck to you and Tatty.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.