The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a consideration, if the place/people were so vile why did the guardians stay for 3 years?
Things evolved and developed up to the point they couldn't wait to leave. I'm sure they enjoyed staying there a lot too. There where months they were completely alone at her HMN while she was frolicking around the world. They were wise enough not to live in the shittoo itself but in the much more private cottage, where they could distance themselves when things got tough. A lot of the stories they told me are one sided, obviously, and lots is now told in hindsight. It's always easier to judge afterwards and think, why the hell did I put up with that tit? Personally, I told them during their stay over and over again that they should grow a pair and at least talk back to SJ, but I also recognize we are not all the same when it comes to guarding our boundaries.

Reactions: 26
I get it. I’m in the US. I normally see it between men sitting around drinking beer. As a female I have been subjected to it and I give as good as I receive. My pet name for it is “hard-assing”. The fellas I know are ruthless. It really is a show of affection though. I totally get it.
Same here, I grew up in a farming community, brought up by my dad and I had brothers, no sisters. I had sons no daughters and have 3 grandsons plus 3 granddaughters, it is is lovely for me to be round girls. I'm used to the way boys and men interact here in the UK. Banter and insults are a sign of affection. You know when the group doesn't like you, you would be shunned. My husband has MH issues and was unable to see his psychotherapist face to face over the lockdowns or any of his friends of course. . I was worried for him, but he had support from several of his friends over the phone and Skype. You would be shocked if you heard their conversations. It is all swearing and insults and teasing. Very Un PC. He was so happy to hear from them, one friend rings daily, it makes his day I can tell. They try to outdo each other with the must outrageous, filthy and abusive insults and laugh like idiots. .I think it's a British or English thing. To be taken as a sign of affection. British women don't do it quite as much, but ribbing is common amongst good friends and family.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Why do people stay in bad relationships, keep their lousy jobs they don't enjoy, accept to endure unfulfilling arrangements? There are no good reasons but we humans tend to do these things a lot.
Exactly. And then we get out, make a better life for ourselves and look back and think: why? Why was that so hard?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Could it be summarised by : hypocrit?
No.

- a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

-a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

denoting or pertaining to a personality type or behavior marked by the expression of negative emotions in passive, indirect ways, as through manipulation or noncooperation:a passive-aggressive employee who often misses deadlines.

Reactions: 7
The crafter seemed like a sweet woman who has fallen under the Lalande spell. The way she beheld SJ with that enthralled look on her face, like an absolute super fan who'd do anything to please SJ. I cringed at how she tried to kiss everyone's butts as she dug deep in her Mary Poppins bag pulling out gift after gift thinking she is making them all happy. She's so under SJ's spell, she'd no doubt eat dirt if SJ told her to.

View attachment 785047
View attachment 785018
LMAO, Phillips face...haha!!! I had a bad day yesterday, I feel much better now. LOL!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
The crafter seemed like a sweet woman who has fallen under the Lalande spell. The way she beheld SJ with that enthralled look on her face, like an absolute super fan who'd do anything to please SJ. I cringed at how she tried to kiss everyone's butts as she dug deep in her Mary Poppins bag pulling out gift after gift thinking she is making them all happy. She's so under SJ's spell, she'd no doubt eat dirt if SJ told her to.

View attachment 785047
View attachment 785018
it got really pitiful...I was embarrassed for her...and had to shut it off.

Reactions: 9
By then SJ will be off on her travels, with PJ, Oliver, Scot man, to visit mummy etc, etc leaving Anne Marie with Natti to run the place in peace.
yep...but...she best be careful...natti and the cousin may skim and run off together. serve her right.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hey guys, I just watched Dan's vlog and was reading the comments, and Caroline Gooder made a comment about chicken poop. Isn't that the broad who is always being the Queen of Bird Poop's staunchest defender?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
What are Nutty's hopes and dreams for the future? Wasting her youth and life at a HMN? She's a competent human being, and she has a degree, she could get a job anywhere.
To play devil's advocate... I would love to live in a remote area and have a job that can sustain my life style. And just travel once in a while if I get bored. Not everyone enjoys the big city life and a corporate 9-5 job.
Now. if a hunk of man also falls from the sky and into my lap, I would be quite content 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Same here, I grew up in a farming community, brought up by my dad and I had brothers, no sisters. I had sons no daughters and have 3 grandsons plus 3 granddaughters, it is is lovely for me to be round girls. I'm used to the way boys and men interact here in the UK. Banter and insults are a sign of affection. You know when the group doesn't like you, you would be shunned. My husband has MH issues and was unable to see his psychotherapist face to face over the lockdowns or any of his friends of course. . I was worried for him, but he had support from several of his friends over the phone and Skype. You would be shocked if you heard their conversations. It is all swearing and insults and teasing. Very Un PC. He was so happy to hear from them, one friend rings daily, it makes his day I can tell. They try to outdo each other with the must outrageous, filthy and abusive insults and laugh like idiots. .I think it's a British or English thing. To be taken as a sign of affection. British women don't do it quite as much, but ribbing is common amongst good friends and family.
My oldest son is that way too, and as we are American, people sometimes think he is being a smart ass. But he only ribs people he likes. Though he is very good at standing up for himself with a good poke now and then to those that deserve it. He is a good mix between being politically correct and blunt.

LMAO, Phillips face...haha!!! I had a bad day yesterday, I feel much better now. LOL!!!
I think he is sniffing his own farts in that pic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Try this one. Were any projects completed in 2020?
Ancient masonry repair, so badly supervised it now needs redoing under supervision of architect. It's the only restoration project I know of that has been attempted and completed. Sort of.
WTF? I can't get over it. Same problem with the completely unacceptable Christie's asparagus vignette. Everything she touches turns to dung.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
yep...but...she best be careful...natti and the cousin may skim and run off together. serve her right.
Better yet, maybe Amaury and Natti could change all the locks while SJ is gone and then banish her and Snorty to the boathouse on the sunny shores of the swamp. One can only dream.;)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
To play devil's advocate... I would love to live in a remote area and have a job that can sustain my life style. And just travel once in a while if I get bored. Not everyone enjoys the big city life and a corporate 9-5 job.
Now. if a hunk of man also falls from the sky and into my lap, I would be quite content 🤩
Wasn't she also getting over a bad abusive relationship?She probably wanted peace and a quiet place to heal.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.