The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm with you on this. They don't use the fireplaces if they are not in the room because SJ is affraid the place will burn down. Also she mentioned somewhere it didnt have a much priority because the cold didnt get to her that much and she 'manage' while dragging hot water bottles.
I'm with you on this. They don't use the fireplaces if they are not in the room because SJ is affraid the place will burn down. Also she mentioned somewhere it didnt have a much priority because the cold didnt get to her that much and she 'manage' while dragging hot water bottles...😁
She's enough money coming in. Replace the rotten windows for a start. Get the chimeny inspected and repaired if necessary. If you're not going to have open fires install wood or pellet burners, get the chimneys lined and the regularly swept.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I just checked (who would have thought that I would Google hens, neighbours' dogs and coop...!)

Long story short :

In France the dog's owner is responsible for his dog and liable to pay damage via his own insurance.

BUT : the "victim" needs photos or proof before going to the gendarmerie (police) and lodging a complaint.

AND : the chickens' owners (like the dog's owner) must provide safety to their animal (French law). Which means for chickens, appropriate fences + a good coop.

We learn every day 😅
Thank you for coming through. 💖 💖 💖 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can understand your feelings on the gratuitous fawning over Ammy, but I must have missed the joke that was made about faeries? I must have not been paying attention. If the same gratuitous objectification were directed at females it would be immediately identified as creepy and misogynistic.

Well she obviously lied because there's no AC when the Temps are 35° to 40° in summer. I think the geothermal doesn't work and Steppy just doesn't want to spend the cash to heat the place. Heating and windows are top priority-along with bathrooms- for literally Everyone Else who owns a frigid pile.
Speaking of..... I think Steppy is a Frigid Pile of bollocks.
The whole heating system needs to be regularly serviced.

Reactions: 17
The crafter seemed like a sweet woman who has fallen under the Lalande spell. I cringed at how she tried to kiss everyone's butts as she dug deep in her Mary Poppins bag pulling out gift after gift thinking she is making them all happy. She's so under SJ's spell, she'd no doubt eat dirt if she told her to.

View attachment 785018
and you get a button necklace! and you get a button necklace! and you get a button necklace! SJ > throw this tit out when she leaves.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Just reading about how Markle picks successful charities to sponsor, aims to redirect donors to donate through her website. She takes a cut for processing, reportedly, and gets to appear as the charity's largest donor. Charity manipulation is an industry.
And that's another pair of talentless, narcissistic and egregious grifters.

'Big Charity' itself is a big industry now - and itself cynically manipulative.

Thus now I give ONLY to very local charitable efforts. Like the Foodbank (my next door neighbour is the Treasurer) and the local church (5mins walk from my house) that also supports a number of similar local endeavours which a couple of friends help to run.

This means that you can physically see where your donations are going and you can directly speak to the people who both run things and those who benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Retiring …. Both of them did 85% of all works - great friends came over for some weekends to help
She’s a Trojan worker did all painting and the mural on the stairs

are they talented yes 🙌 think you need to not be afraid of DIY … or making Do till it’s all fixed

what the show highlights - is how little SSB has achieved in 16 years

as opposed to the grafters that arrive out … and WORK 24/7 to realise a dream

their not lying in bed 🛌 trying to manifest themselves a lotto win 🥇
That’s never going to be used as it was intended.
😈
as you point out, those chateau owners are about the renovations and proper results/accomplishments. it has become clearer that SJ‘s reason for her chateau is all about her ego, having a stage, procuring “friendships” for as long as she needs them. the irony here is that her dump is falling apart before her very eyes despite the huge cash she is receiving. imo, the cousin, who is a hard worker and goal oriented, is already becoming increasingly irritated at the frivolity she causes. he won’t last, despite his natti hookup...which I imagine SJ had a hand in. give him a few months, he will be disgusted at her and all the half assed “work” going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Gites are better than rooms..you dont have to clean every day, and refresh the bedlinnen because they are mostly rented out for a week minimum..they give a good income...depends off course what your chateau has cost and if you have a mortgage or not...i know a English couple, in their end fifties..they bought a farm with 1 ha of land...just enough..and converted the barn in three gites...built a swimmingpool....you have to do that...for a high rate of hire income..they rent them out for 1500 a week its 4500 a week in low season...highseason 2000 and this for 25 weeks a year..they also rent out around christmas..the gites are well heated with woodstoves and good isulation... just buy a good farmhouse..in a good area, with swimmingpool and if you have three you can live nice of it..Their farmhouse was about 250000 euros like 10 years ago...lies beautifull in the countryside and doesnt have too much land...Chateaux are to expensive to buy and to maintain...also much land most of the time..which you cant use but have to pay huge taxes for..Here in The Neterlands we rent out farms and land...in France the prices of land are much lower...the neighbour will use your land, but doesnt wanne pay for it..
So, €18K a month in low season, three farmhouse gites. Six months per annum, €108,000. Fleuries' monthly mortgage/operations nut, €7000, totally covered with a €24K low season surplus if taxes etc not included in their €7K monthly.
Pool installation required.
Not understanding why they would go for restoring their shittoo first. Wasn't there some kind of talk the B n B resto was part of their deal with the bank? Why wouldn't the bank know better, if so?
Also, I recall, part of the Nadaillac/SJ transaction, or a Nadaillac transaction, was allowing one of the farmers who's been on the land for 800 years, to buy a good amount of the property. I like that.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Mpk demonstrated his ability to communicate in French when he and Isais (sp?) went to the neighbors on the golf cart to get a bottle of milk.
He put 3 words together, and giggled a lot to compensate.
He has an extraordinary ability to demonstrate where he is lacking.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I can understand your feelings on the gratuitous fawning over Ammy, but I must have missed the joke that was made about faeries? I must have not been paying attention. If the same gratuitous objectification were directed at females it would be immediately identified as creepy and misogynistic.

Well she obviously lied because there's no AC when the Temps are 35° to 40° in summer. I think the geothermal doesn't work and Steppy just doesn't want to spend the cash to heat the place. Heating and windows are top priority-along with bathrooms- for literally Everyone Else who owns a frigid pile.
Speaking of..... I think Steppy is a Frigid Pile of bollocks.
If the place isn't properly insulated the geothermal will not work correctly anyway as it gives out a low constant heat. No sufficient insulation, then it's a complete waste of time having it.

Reactions: 10
as you point out, those chateau owners are about the renovations and proper results/accomplishments. it has become clearer that SJ‘s reason for her chateau is all about her ego, having a stage, procuring “friendships” for as long as she needs them. the irony here is that her dump is falling apart before her very eyes despite the huge cash she is receiving. imo, the cousin, who is a hard worker and goal oriented, is already becoming increasingly irritated at the frivolity she causes. he won’t last, despite his natti hookup...which I imagine SJ had a hand in. give him a few months, he will be disgusted at her and all the half assed “work” going on.
By then SJ will be off on her travels, with PJ, Oliver, Scot man, to visit mummy etc, etc leaving Anne Marie with Natti to run the place in peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If the place isn't properly insulated the geothermal will not work correctly anyway as it gives out a low constant heat. No sufficient insulation, then it's a complete waste of time having it.
not even been smart and am aware her dads gone

but 16years ago Prince Charles was pushing for this type of green life

it was jumped up nonsence to install geo thermal in ONE section of the farmhouse - and NOT insulated the roof - or upgrade the windows
Nothing about the construction 🦺 was managed in any way normally

it was middle class snobbery trying to protect the environment

All the time flying to SA .. all 3 of them …
and multiple destinations … lots of piping over to London ect

been green - that sales man saw them coming …..

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The crafter seemed like a sweet woman who has fallen under the Lalande spell. The way she beheld SJ with that enthralled look on her face, like an absolute super fan who'd do anything to please SJ. I cringed at how she tried to kiss everyone's butts as she dug deep in her Mary Poppins bag pulling out gift after gift thinking she is making them all happy. She's so under SJ's spell, she'd no doubt eat dirt if SJ told her to.

View attachment 785047
View attachment 785018
..and she's another manipulator as well.

Yellow cardigan screams 'LOVE ME, LOVE ME, STEFFIE!!'

I wouldn't choose this lady as a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
he won’t last, despite his natti hookup...which I imagine SJ had a hand in. give him a few months, he will be disgusted at her and all the half assed “work” going on.
He's probably desperate to get away from post-Brexit Britain ... now he's in the land of the frank and the free ... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Actually, as I said in other post, Julian has a Patreon, and payed sponsorships, but he does it discreetly, and his contents are good, so I don't mind. His patreon tiers are also more moderate that Stephanie's
Had no idea he had patreon., he never mentions it. I knew about the paid sponsorships but not that he had patreon. Interesting.

Reactions: 2
Yes, it's a real thing. You've posted some of the signs. Other behaviours include making jokes at the target's expense, doing a task for the target so badly that the job is messed up, covertly thwarting their plans, malicious gossip about or spreading the target's confidences whilst pretending to be a close friend....in fact, anything covert that serves to undermine the target.
Could it be summarised by : hypocrit?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.