The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I felt sad for the mouse maker lady in the last caddy at the shatty , forced to sit in front of a pink iphone and be filmed ... probably forced to sign a disclaimer ..... giving out all these presents ,and them all sitting grabbing them ..... it just seemed so fake and they were all over the top , made me sick to my stomach really
Yes hard to watch even at double speed but I’m sure she loved every second of of the over the top fawning.
Would love it if some actual children under the age of 10 broke into the ShatO and actually played with half of theheap of toys, stuffies, Playmobile etc etc. could you imagine the horror!!!! Phyllis would be in tears!
Have we even seen Antoine since he was told he couldn’t play with the Playmobile?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I think that our US and other non British tattlers do not really 'get' our humour, teasing and banter as seen in Dan's vlog with Amaury yesterday.
I get it. I’m in the US. I normally see it between men sitting around drinking beer. As a female I have been subjected to it and I give as good as I receive. My pet name for it is “hard-assing”. The fellas I know are ruthless. It really is a show of affection though. I totally get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This actual business plan talk is of real importance.
So, @Le Comte de Monte Cristo, I took away from your last serving of the nitty gritty that a steady income from gites was more profitable than a B n B business. But you seem now to say gites alone are not enough, you think, to support a chateau? So, if I were interested in preserving the not-very-old or illustrious hunting lodge of the Fleuries -- or even their wonderful barns @Gibson is not the only diehard fan of -- my best bet for keeping them standing for another 200 years would be gites and not events/B n B? What other business should I diversify into?
Honestly I think Anna could make more money giving wallpaper workshops once she's got studio space out there (indoor event, could she charge €2500 a pop, as much as Shrek and Fiona wanted to for their Disneybound cosplay workshops?). Phillip could do video workshops for the husbands. Don't know how profitable these are.
I keep going back to Dick and Angel, who repeatedly went over other chateau grifters' "business plans" -- pure :poop: -- and told them that weddings are the only way to make the mortgage money. People tend not to flake on the date even if the weather is bad, etc. Plus I would guess the markup on cheap plonk and wildflowers is massive. (I have to say I FFd Edd and Anna in the new episode of Chateau DIY. She works so hard and he's such a pig.)
I don't know if Brexit is going to affect this British fantasy wedding business in France, which is offensive to me on several grounds having to do with plantation colonialism. If the grifter chateau owners did anything for the locals, or learned French, or directed their guests to buy at local French businesses, I'd be a little less grossed out by the whole vampire wedding business.
I keep thinking how a worker cooperative laundry could work for the chateaux, organized and perhaps housed by the chatelaine, servicing local businesses and enriching its local worker-owners. Stuff like that. Rural France and the chateaux need real economic development plans -- what would work, all you business people? Fish farming? Workshops? George Sand [insert local French icon/hero] conferences? Digital download PDF wallpaper patterns or Tres Riches Heures needlepoint cell phone holder patterns?
Gites are better than rooms..you dont have to clean every day, and refresh the bedlinnen because they are mostly rented out for a week minimum..they give a good income...depends off course what your chateau has cost and if you have a mortgage or not...i know a English couple, in their end fifties..they bought a farm with 1 ha of land...just enough..and converted the barn in three gites...built a swimmingpool....you have to do that...for a high rate of hire income..they rent them out for 1500 a week its 4500 a week in low season...highseason 2000 and this for 25 weeks a year..they also rent out around christmas..the gites are well heated with woodstoves and good isulation... just buy a good farmhouse..in a good area, with swimmingpool and if you have three you can live nice of it..Their farmhouse was about 250000 euros like 10 years ago...lies beautifull in the countryside and doesnt have too much land...Chateaux are to expensive to buy and to maintain...also much land most of the time..which you cant use but have to pay huge taxes for..Here in The Neterlands we rent out farms and land...in France the prices of land are much lower...the neighbour will use your land, but doesnt wanne pay for it..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My 72 year old brother has a rather hefty pony tail/man bun -- it just starts much further BACK ! :ROFLMAO:
My husband has got one too. Looks really good fastened back, horrific when he's just woken up, think Scrooge. That's what I call him now🤣.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Just a consideration, if the place/people were so vile why did the guardians stay for 3 years?
I still wonder about that. If there were all these bad things going on, why did they stay just to the point of not winning the homophobia fight with a volunteer? Seems like they went along with a lot up til that point.

• Heart
If a dog destroys a neighbour's property e.g. chickens. Are the dog's owners liable to pay damages? @LaFrancaise123

I find it odd that they purchased duck. They don't even have a moat or a lake... well except the one in the forest. But... predators... 🤷‍♀️ 🙄 Instead they :poop: in the kiddie pool. :sick:
Michael ought to find some pants that fit, or at least a belt.
It irked me when he stated "Oh, every time I do something I get dirt under my nails..." - Yes, Michael. It's called work! - What did he expect he lives in the Gardener's Cottage!!!🤦‍♀️

Maybe Florian is using MOLD to improve his English skills, so I am not judging too harshly. But I wish Florian would disassociate with him, or at least speak French and make MOLD subtitle him.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm just over here wondering what in the world can be done to heat up that HMN 🤔. Close off rooms and get fireplaces working again? Wood burners? I don't know how they can stand it in winter. It just boggles the mind.
They never ever close the drapes which makes me crazy!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In re wine with asparagus, the wine floggers are on it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that's a challenge i've mastered, without even knowing it !! Being a wine-ohlic makes mincemeat of such tasks.;) Actually, the delicious white, fat asparagus, served during Spargelzeit in austria and germany makes, as PJuice's article purports, a gruener veltliner or riesling, a delicious companion. Almost 6 pm in central europe = wine time !! 🥳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Let's not forget there is nothing thoughtful about helping a swindler get even richer by pretending she's doing it all for charity. That chanel should have been shut down before she even started it, it's just all very bad taste, considering the state of the world. Sj has made it very clear, by ignoring all criticism even from the people closest to her, that she will only give to charity if she gets things in return. The uplifting feeling of being able to help others, what should be the true motivation for charity, escapes her if she's not compensated heavily.
Just reading about how Markle picks successful charities to sponsor, aims to redirect donors to donate through her website. She takes a cut for processing, reportedly, and gets to appear as the charity's largest donor. Charity manipulation is an industry.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I watch Baumgartner Restoration and Curiosity Inc too. Alex vlogs every single day. While running a shop, going out to buy collectibles and building his own house. Julian at BM is such a skilled artisan with a perfect soothing voice, I could listen to him for hours. Neither of them ask for money.
Actually, as I said in other post, Julian has a Patreon, and payed sponsorships, but he does it discreetly, and his contents are good, so I don't mind. His patreon tiers are also more moderate that Stephanie's

Reactions: 4
The Chateau Diaries
CLEARING THE MESS OF A THOUSAND YEARS (well it felt like that...)
Premiered Sep 26, 2021

Is Tomaz referring to FRK??? 🤔
From the comments...

Tomaz Quaresma
Tomaz Quaresma
20 hours ago
This is my favorite videooo!!! Hahahahaaaa... say goodbye to the MESS!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The sad thing at HMN is that, from what I've seen, very little gets done professionally (though Ian the #1 builder obviously is as professional possible and Dan does his best - I'd happily employ them both!). We can all see that with proper attention to detail, building codes and standards applicable to hospitality premises, most of the mistakes and re-dos would be sorted - and jobs would get done within a reasonable time. Please forgive me if I've misunderstood, @Clara Burnett, but I don't share any frustrations that could be resolved by mal-installed electrics leading to the ignition of a fire.
I just wish that the kidults in charge would grow up and apply themselves, as a matter of priority and with all due responsibility, to the health and safety of guests, residents, workers, pets and livestock.
I don't wish that kind of disaster on anybody, lets be clear about that. All I was trying to say is that their own irresponsible and lazy behavior will go on creating chaos. SJ is a master in self destruction.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just a consideration, if the place/people were so vile why did the guardians stay for 3 years?
See I do think like you - I’d have run a mile … in heels 👠

Early threads 🧵 @Clara Burnett said they had total free reign to set it all up as SSB hadent a clue HOW to organise things - apart from the fact as normal she went on long vacations…

then the boys made a successful attempt at the b & b money rolled in and so did mini apron and SSB
Then it transpires after an awful situation .. the owners didn’t roll in and back the managers

the working relationship deteriorated

so … the boys stories add up 🆙 - we’ve seen how ppl are Used and abused and promptly dispatched

there IS a pattern
Am old enough to know there’s three sides to every story

yours
There’s
And the truth

hence WE are ALL here on tattle 😈

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Berlin calling, directly from the "petit coin".
Why is it that these guys take their pics with the open-lid loo as the background? Fits in very well with the LV logo on Tiberio's/ Helmut's phone.
Much taste. Not.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I agree. Just his demeanour lifting one of those heavy pieces of junk up out of the maintenance room, hustling to load his van, tells me Amaury is a work horse, not a show horse. He may take his shirt off a little more often than necessary but Dan is there to give him :poop: for it, which they both enjoy. I think there wasn't enough work for him in Angleterre and with lockdown he was getting stir crazy. It strikes me moving all his high end equipment to France means he thinks there's enough business there outside the chateau to keep him busy. Plus, let's not forget, he is the next of kin and actually running and owning the chateau are both reasonable prospects.
I hope he'll get rid of Nutkin. Some believe he bit back on the orders of "Steph and Philip" in an early video. Not persuaded but very, very, very alert. I think just the presence of testosterone in the chateau will alter SJ's fugue state.
Find it interesting that Isabel’s sister is on her way. Even though she is trapped in ZA she is still pulling the strings and I don’t see the Support Squirrel there for long. He is hiding in his new ‘office’ playing with his woodland office supplies while the rest of the crew gets to work. Even Nati had the sense to stop not answering emails and bring a tray of crap to contribute to the brocante pile and join in the ‘fun’. And now he has the cheek to tell Queen Isabel he is no longer in the Rota? He really is too big for his Baby Jesus Jeans!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Well I'm split between London and farming country in East Anglia and I can tell you the Man bun is well and truly ALIVE in a multi generational way too! I'm unsure where Dan hails from in the UK. No Dan doesn't need to like man buns, but there is a machismo overtone running through his critique of Amaury and I'm not sure why he's even saying it - it's an antiquated way of thinking. This machismo idea that all signs of femininity are to be rooted out and exposed and therefore ripe for mockery is a bit uncomfortable viewing. Blimey, I didn't think I that was particularly woke....
you HAD me all the way to Here 😄☝

The last part of your prose …
Which I don’t bother to repost
Nope 👎 … like Connor Mc Gregor face down on the matt

tapping out …..

you have an agenda 🥶
😈

• Heart
Reactions: 8
:) I did the famous "which LL cast member are you" (or whatever it was called) test, and I came out as a Dan, so I have a lot of sympathy for him, but I'm not into his drone drama, and I find the bromance stuff a bit over the top..even if it is ironic. I guess it's actually the viewers' drooling which makes me uncomfortable (although I agree they are both handsome young men ;) ).
Handsome ,and they seem to have fun. But I cannot get over the damn teeth…(Dan’s) Ooo my goodness…They look like vampire teeth!

• Haha
  • Sad
In my book there's nothing really cool about two straight guys joking around about being gay/not being man enough. It's sad and certainly unnecessary. They both should know better.
That bit between Armoire and Dan somewhat reminded me of No Life Ryan and Billy Trotter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.