The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
passive aggressive - can someone explain to me what on earth this means, in plain UK English. Because I found this on google and think is a heap of crap.

Major signs of passive-aggressive behavior include:
  • Always arriving late.
  • Sulking.
  • Sullenness.
  • Procrastination.
  • Intentional inefficiency.
  • Stubbornness.
  • “Forgetting” to do something.
  • Avoiding people when they're upset with them.
Try google mate
It won’t confuse you 😂

Passive-aggressive behavior

Passive-aggressive behavior is characterized by a pattern of passive hostility and an avoidance of direct communication. Inaction where some action is socially customary is a typical passive-aggressive strategy. Such behavior is sometimes protested by associates, evoking exasperation or confusion. People who are recipients of passive-aggressive behavior may experience anxiety due to the discordance between what they perceive and what the perpetrator is saying.

your welcome 🙏
😈

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think he's just doing it for a laugh and Amaury goes along with it for the laugh too.
agree...just guys being “guys”. no matter the age...28-88...men think these things are funny. It’s harmless fun for them. and actually, if you relax a bit, don’t take everything so seriously and allow yourself to think like a man...it oftentimes “is”.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They never ever close the drapes which makes me crazy!
what do you think about that enfilade of rooms without doors...the wind blows from east to west through that shithole...all the warmth disappears into the towerstaircases upstairs and gone through the roof...the outlay of that place is thats its built as a summerhouse...not to live in in winter...also something you have to look into when you buy....

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Clara..Let's hope it doesn't go up. Your property may be searched for the oily rag and matches :)
They can search whatever they want whenever they want to and find nothing. Who needs oily rags and matches when SJ's laziness and carelessness is causing these fires to self ignite?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Find it interesting that Isabel’s sister is on her way. Even though she is trapped in ZA she is still pulling the strings and I don’t see the Support Squirrel there for long. He is hiding in his new ‘office’ playing with his woodland office supplies while the rest of the crew gets to work. Even Nati had the sense to stop not answering emails and bring a tray of crap to contribute to the brocante pile and join in the ‘fun’. And now he has the check to tell Queen Isabel he is no longer in the Rota? He really is too big for his Baby Jesus Jeans!
Woodland office supplies, ur killin' me. He keeps them in his cheeks. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just started Michael's new vlog...he bought 12 chickens, 3 ducks and 3 turkeys...let's hope the neighbor's dog doesn't visit again!!!
The Turkeys will be the first over the fence, Teabag should also do some strimming to cut back on those nettles and weeds, after all none of the new animals are goats.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Call
1. Get your local yellow pages
2. Find a plumber
3. Call the plumber the same day
4. Make an appointment at the earliest possible time (at this point we skip to call at least 3 - 5 plumbers to get cost estimates to be able to compare. Though it is a huge project and hence could save you 10000s €- but remember Pareto! )
5. Hire the plumber and do what he suggests
6. Don't disturb him at work and don't film him
7. Show up when he shows up and show up again another 3 times during the day and again when he leaves to discuss the proceedings.
8. Show up yourself and do not send a volunteer - and get dressed before
9. Pay your bills immediately since you have the money now
My husband's a plumber and he said number 5 (that would be a first (in his words) as no f+++er ever listens), number 6 and most importantly number 9. Plumbers are thin on the ground, he's booked well into next year.

Reactions: 14
Berlin calling, directly from the "petit coin".
Why is it that these guys take their pics with the open-lid loo as the background? Fits in very well with the LV logo on Tiberio's/ Helmut's phone.
Much taste. Not.
maybe he wanted to show the flowers in the background... :rolleyes: omg..

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Find it interesting that Isabel’s sister is on her way. Even though she is trapped in ZA she is still pulling the strings and I don’t see the Support Squirrel there for long. He is hiding in his new ‘office’ playing with his woodland office supplies while the rest of the crew gets to work. Even Nati had the sense to stop not answering emails and bring a tray of crap to contribute to the brocante pile and join in the ‘fun’. And now he has the cheek to tell Queen Isabel he is no longer in the Rota? He really is too big for his Baby Jesus Jeans!
And Amaurty is in the rota, or at least gets himself filmed washing dishes.
Nutkin, I'd be keeping my knees together and my hand on my wallet if I wuz you.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If Ruby is an outdoor/ semi feral cat he won't take kindly to being made into an indoor pet. I know Selmar had him in the van sometimes but he was still free to come and go. Thinking of the cats on the farm I lived on, I tried to make pets of them and got rewarded with scratches. He'd be better off with Selmar, when Selmar leaves for a new camp, so he can remain semi wild and hunt his rodents and birds.
Been feeding a feral cat for years ... still can't touch her ... she hisses at me if I try to stroke her ... I let her come into the house for food and then she goes back out into the wild ...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If a dog destroys a neighbour's property e.g. chickens. Are the dog's owners liable to pay damages? @LaFrancaise123
I just checked (who would have thought that I would Google hens, neighbours' dogs and coop...!)

Long story short :

In France the dog's owner is responsible for his dog and liable to pay damage via his own insurance.

BUT : the "victim" needs photos or proof before going to the gendarmerie (police) and lodging a complaint.

AND : the chickens' owners (like the dog's owner) must provide safety to their animal (French law). Which means for chickens, appropriate fences + a good coop.

We learn every day 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I was expecting the gift grab to be cringe worthy as usual but it was lovely to see the crafter talking about her work. I did the Berry Brothers and Rudd wine tasting school many years ago. It's still my dinner party trick. Guess the region / vineyard. French wine is still the best in my opinion.
Well who'd have thunk it, Squirrel can needle felt.Good for him. What happened to all the dressmaking he promised to do when he first arrived.?
The crafter seemed like a sweet woman who has fallen under the Lalande spell. The way she beheld SJ with that enthralled look on her face, like an absolute super fan who'd do anything to please SJ. I cringed at how she tried to kiss everyone's butts as she dug deep in her Mary Poppins bag pulling out gift after gift thinking she is making them all happy. She's so under SJ's spell, she'd no doubt eat dirt if SJ told her to.

cd87.png

cd86.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Just watched Chateau DIY. I do like Jane and Steve's decorative style and Debbie and Nigel's.(Not mad about the peacock wallpaper, however). Edd comes across very differently from how he appears in the vlogs, Anna seems to be in charge of things, she says she's very picky , and Edd a little afraid of her finding fault.

• Heart
Poor old Florian.... looks like he will be the new Squirrel Boy !!! 😵
And Teabag needs a car and driver at his beck and call, besides the other benefits, and of course Teabags will not have to pay for these services as I assume Florian has Gym clients income to cover his day to day life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.