The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
passive aggressive - can someone explain to me what on earth this means, in plain UK English. Because I found this on google and think is a heap of crap.

Major signs of passive-aggressive behavior include:
  • Always arriving late.
  • Sulking.
  • Sullenness.
  • Procrastination.
  • Intentional inefficiency.
  • Stubbornness.
  • “Forgetting” to do something.
  • Avoiding people when they're upset with them.
Yes, it's a real thing. You've posted some of the signs. Other behaviours include making jokes at the target's expense, doing a task for the target so badly that the job is messed up, covertly thwarting their plans, malicious gossip about or spreading the target's confidences whilst pretending to be a close friend....in fact, anything covert that serves to undermine the target.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry! It was from a discussion on Dan’s vlog…whether a man bun AND man bag were TOO much. 😄 I don’t have either one!
Me neither...i guess i lost it in one day...everything that doesnt fit in my pockets gets lost...also quite regular leave some meeting without my coat... :rolleyes: not to speak about an umbrella...i also dont use...i am the only gay in town without accesseries..:D

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I also enjoy Julian's vlogs. His voice is soothing, I watch before bed. Another channel I absolutely love is Curiosity Inc. Alex and his family are just lovely and hard working. I really don't care what all these bloggers do with their money they just need to stop begging and hinting. By all means have a patreon account but don't say you are using it for this and that. Let people pay for the content you offer. That's it! Once they start talking money I switch off.
I watch Baumgartner Restoration and Curiosity Inc too. Alex vlogs every single day. While running a shop, going out to buy collectibles and building his own house. Julian at BM is such a skilled artisan with a perfect soothing voice, I could listen to him for hours. Neither of them ask for money.

Last edited:
Watched Trotter's flog - so I reckon it was his job to look after the chickens before he ran off to Spain again. Predictably they got eaten.... Anyway the excuse given was the neighbour's dog jumped a series of fences. So why on earth do you buy more chickens knowing that your fences maybe too low....? Also it took a month to work out the ducks were using the drinking water troughs as a loo...why? Michael, the chicken's aren't laying eggs because they're unhappy - they're young; they've been settled in for a month and the light sets around 6pm no other excuses other than discontentedness. Give me strength. So I think we can also add animal neglect to the list of grievances. Also upcoming flog of best bits because the well's run well and truly dry of content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Guess we’re seeing 2 different shows

do you have to like man buns !!
or men carrying bags 💼 !!!
Most of European men are doing both with little or no notice been taken

think it’s hair envy going on
Got to admit Ann Marie has a massive head of hair in great nick …

I know that man buns are NOT very common in Uk 🇬🇧 or Ireland in general
Tends to be older men having a mid life crisis …
ripe for slagging …😂
My 33 year old son had a man bun for years. Now he has short hair and a moustache and I call him Fred in honor of Freddy Mercury. A girl at the gym told him he "looked like the guy off the Bohemian Rhapsody movie" She is right!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I previously liked Dan - but this last episode loaded with this recent gratuitous fetishisation of Amaury (ironically very homoerotic) and now this gender identity talk about man buns and man bags as being somehow an offence to the demarkation of masculinity..... I know you're in central France with patchy internet connection, but there truly is no excuse for ignorance of that measure in 2021. Dan it may have escaped you, but your viewing figures have gone up compared to the last few months - I dare say in part due to this working dynamic with Amaury - but let's not be reducing men to short hair, knocked out teeth and utility belts. Read the room Dan - me thinks maybe too much time with SJ and her previous exposing jibes at Trotter.
🤣🤣🤣 thanks for my afternoon laugh. Amaury has only been on the scene for a couple of weeks. Dan had already been established by then and had already worked hard to build up his vlogs.
Amaury Is also a hard worker, and quite sarky in his responses to others with a camera in his face. He is a good sport about it though.

It is your point of view but with respect that isn't what I see.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Call
1. Get your local yellow pages
2. Find a plumber
3. Call the plumber the same day
4. Make an appointment at the earliest possible time (at this point we skip to call at least 3 - 5 plumbers to get cost estimates to be able to compare. Though it is a huge project and hence could save you 10000s €- but remember Pareto! )
5. Hire the plumber and do what he suggests
6. Don't disturb him at work and don't film him
7. Show up when he shows up and show up again another 3 times during the day and again when he leaves to discuss the proceedings.
8. Show up yourself and do not send a volunteer - and get dressed before
9. Pay your bills immediately since you have the money now
BINGO!!!😁

Reactions: 8
Guess we’re seeing 2 different shows

do you have to like man buns !!
or men carrying bags 💼 !!!
Most of European men are doing both with little or no notice been taken

think it’s hair envy going on
Got to admit Ann Marie has a massive head of hair in great nick …

I know that man buns are NOT very common in Uk 🇬🇧 or Ireland in general
Tends to be older men having a mid life crisis …
ripe for slagging …😂
As a slightly older man I don't have one. I remembered when the rat tail phase was going around at one point for males of a certain age.
I don't itch to snip a man bun off, but a rat tail would be a different matter. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She only just got fire extinguishers installed last year 😱
i Think her fireplaces dont have pipes in it...when you reinstall one you have to put those pipes in... its a lot of work, and those pipes are expensive...but you dont get a chimneyfire...but with al those other jobs like windows, heating , shutters...facade...it no fun...so no priority...she likes it more to spend a fortune on a party in Versailles...

• Sad
  • Angry
Is there ANYONE here who can actually WATCH Tomaz? I tried and I could not after he likened SJ to a FAIRY ??? IWTV ( I want to vomit )
No. He is boring and paranoid. It's best not to discuss him as he then gets ideas that he is targeted by trolls, when in reality no one is particularly interested in him other than his one shining moment of cleaning the laundry room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
This actual business plan talk is of real importance.
So, @Le Comte de Monte Cristo, I took away from your last serving of the nitty gritty that a steady income from gites was more profitable than a B n B business. But you seem now to say gites alone are not enough, you think, to support a chateau? So, if I were interested in preserving the not-very-old or illustrious hunting lodge of the Fleuries -- or even their wonderful barns @Gibson is not the only diehard fan of -- my best bet for keeping them standing for another 200 years would be gites and not events/B n B? What other business should I diversify into?
Honestly I think Anna could make more money giving wallpaper workshops once she's got studio space out there (indoor event, could she charge €2500 a pop, as much as Shrek and Fiona wanted to for their Disneybound cosplay workshops?). Phillip could do video workshops for the husbands. Don't know how profitable these are.
I keep going back to Dick and Angel, who repeatedly went over other chateau grifters' "business plans" -- pure :poop: -- and told them that weddings are the only way to make the mortgage money. People tend not to flake on the date even if the weather is bad, etc. Plus I would guess the markup on cheap plonk and wildflowers is massive. (I have to say I FFd Edd and Anna in the new episode of Chateau DIY. She works so hard and he's such a pig.)
I don't know if Brexit is going to affect this British fantasy wedding business in France, which is offensive to me on several grounds having to do with plantation colonialism. If the grifter chateau owners did anything for the locals, or learned French, or directed their guests to buy at local French businesses, I'd be a little less grossed out by the whole vampire wedding business.
I keep thinking how a worker cooperative laundry could work for the chateaux, organized and perhaps housed by the chatelaine, servicing local businesses and enriching its local worker-owners. Stuff like that. Rural France and the chateaux need real economic development plans -- what would work, all you business people? Fish farming? Workshops? George Sand [insert local French icon/hero] conferences? Digital download PDF wallpaper patterns or Tres Riches Heures needlepoint cell phone holder patterns?
A LARGE inheritance! Lol! Everything you mentioned would require WORK and, at least for SJ, she recoils from that word like a vampire to sunshine.

• Haha
COMPARE AND CONTRAST

View attachment 784620

JANUARY 18
christiesinteriors
Verified

The Art of Entertaining: The Collection of Mr. & Mrs. John H. Gutfreund 834 Fifth Avenue is dedicated the concept of art de vivre. The extensive domestic offices at 834 included a large butler’s pantry and silver vault brimming with porcelain, silver and table decorations.
Bid on beautiful lots, including porcelain and silver, which is sure to look stunning in any home.
The Art of Entertaining: The Collection of Mr. & Mrs. John H. Gutfreund 834 Fifth Avenue, Online, 14-28 January, 2021

View attachment 784619

SJ's and BJJ's sad attempt at a luncheon table setting. How to make beautiful china look cheap.
In re wine with asparagus, the wine floggers are on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
As a slightly older man I don't have one. I remembered when the rat tail phase was going around at one point for males of a certain age.
I don't itch to snip a man bun off, but a rat tail would be a different matter. 🤣
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My 72 year old brother has a rather hefty pony tail/man bun -- it just starts much further BACK ! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
my heat aches for Ruby, he needs to go to a loving caring home. All that witch does is go gaga over peacock chics ffs, they dont need tactile love. God, I cant stand her. Reminds me of my sociopathic ex husband who put me in the poor house.
If Ruby is an outdoor/ semi feral cat he won't take kindly to being made into an indoor pet. I know Selmar had him in the van sometimes but he was still free to come and go. Thinking of the cats on the farm I lived on, I tried to make pets of them and got rewarded with scratches. He'd be better off with Selmar, when Selmar leaves for a new camp, so he can remain semi wild and hunt his rodents and birds.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.