The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with the Advent room being claustrophobic. They are suppose to getting the chateau ready and decorated for Christmas - that's how they describe the series. Last year's was natural, fun, and most of us were doing something similar in our homes. I think they have tried to show usage of some presents received. They could be up in mummy's kitchen cooking different elements from around the world, or in the grand salon decorating, cleaning the silver, making a christmas playlist, regifting. I think MP2 is the creative ideas man in this partnership.
Yes yes yes! last years WAS fun and NATURAL!! THIS YEAR we can add SJ and fake tiny baby jesus in tiny baby jesus jeans (I think I will just call him tiny baby jesus jeans from now on) sitting there FORCEFULLY GRINNING at me SCREECHING about how much FREAKING FUN this all is๐Ÿ˜ฐ no... just add this to the list of AWFULNESS of 2020: covid, murder Hornets, piccolo Mussolini, super pigs running free (oh you gotta read about those guys) and now this FRESH HELL..... what can 2020 SQUEEZE in before new years๐Ÿ˜‘

To be frank, if I were a chateau owner I would not want to host weddings either. I donโ€™t think itโ€™s anything to do with attention. The stress of organisation and ensuring that the brideโ€™s most important day is perfect would be too much. I watched one recently where the bride insisted on having the wedding breakfast on the terrace despite the threat of rain. The whole thing had to be relocated inside and rethought at the last moment โ€” LITERALLY!
When I have no money my direct debits bounce. For others, they have to cut down on the number of holidays they have. Itโ€™s all relative.
Ahhh but there are soooo many wedding planners out there and a whole "get married in france thing" where they do 100% of all of the planning - you just rent them the space! THAT is the way to do it! and you should see!! what they charge for the space! 5k - 10k - 20k if it comes with the rooms and chapel! but if they are in such crap shape..... nope... no way... NOBODY would pay for a place that's just falling to bits๐Ÿ™„

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘ taking the proverbial ๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘
.Day 4.

What a liberty ๐Ÿ—ฝ - reading a story created by a super fan about herself and those she allows to orbit in the chat ooooo

Dressing up silk pajamas - this is adult crรจche
Any wonder Isabel was concerned at leaving...

My Mum was watching ... laughing she commented
That one suffers from notions !!!

omg ๐Ÿ˜ฎ OMG ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

The drinks ๐Ÿธ r on me
You little beauty ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Yes yes yes! last years WAS fun and NATURAL!! THIS YEAR we can add SJ and fake tiny baby jesus in tiny baby jesus jeans (I think I will just call him tiny baby jesus jeans from now on) sitting there FORCEFULLY GRINNING at me SCREECHING about how much FREAKING FUN this all is๐Ÿ˜ฐ no... just add this to the list of AWFULNESS of 2020: covid, murder Hornets, piccolo Mussolini, super pigs running free (oh you gotta read about those guys) and now this FRESH HELL..... what can 2020 SQUEEZE in before new years๐Ÿ˜‘

Ahhh but there are soooo many wedding planners out there and a whole "get married in france thing" where they do 100% of all of the planning - you just rent them the space! THAT is the way to do it! and you should see!! what they charge for the space! 5k - 10k - 20k if it comes with the rooms and chapel! but if they are in such crap shape..... nope... no way... NOBODY would pay for a place that's just falling to bits๐Ÿ™„
Tiny baby Jesus jeans ๐Ÿ‘–

Kudos ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Pp formerly of the Lande of nostril ๐Ÿ‘ƒ

Forever more TBJJ..... of Lande nostril ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ‘€
Lande of bad Mac eyeliner
And landed on his arse the nano second M Potts arrives for crimbo

Heโ€™s toaste ...... LOTL best prepairrrrr him ๐Ÿคช

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
So dear Brenda has already taken Stephanie's fathers artwork and put it on her facebook page. Somebody has already questioned her on it. Why am I not surprised about this?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Why has someone sent them the 2019 calendar and why does SJ have what looks like the Wonky Donky book with Isabelle written on it ?
6CE3CF2D-55E5-4D43-B5C8-7EBA51A88404.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
:unsure:๐ŸทWhat did I just watch...:unsure: Now I am not an expert AT ALL when it comes to flowers, though I have bought a lot of them (๐ŸŒนyou love them don't you ladies!?) but that...what I just watched was an arrangement of a birds nest, surely!? Honestly, I think birds would have made a better job than that lank, drab, saggy mess that Marie proudly put on the Chatelaine's mantle piece. The passive agressive Norwegian came to life for a bit in the barn, ooohing and aaahing over her sticks (no milk bottle this time, but a brass bowl...too nice to be covered by her nest). I was watching this episode with my wife & red wine on the sofa, my wife found it hilarious. We were both in agreement that we're pleased our local florists do not favour this "style". Now my lady is snoring (I will never tell her this, I am a gentleman) here and probably requires carrying to bed, and I have taken to gossiping intoxicated...aaah, what is the pull of this snarky site, deem yourself commended ladies, you make me come back... over and over to snigger over spite, and nod appreciatively over snippets of wisdom. I bid you good night! ๐ŸŒœโญ๐Ÿท

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Iโ€™m not watching the advent ones for entertainment value โ€” well not in the traditional sense! Someone in the comments asked if all of the diaries were going to be presented in that room because, like me, they find it extremely claustrophobic... MP has many faults and I donโ€™t think all of them can be helped but he is a good foil for SJ. Someone else also asked what PP actually does. He is nothing more than a lapdog, however pleasant he is. And all that nodding. Reminds me of those things that used to go in the back of the car. Over to you @ChocLili for the design please!
I really love the idea of a Skippy Nightie! Does it have kangaroos all over it? ๐Ÿฆ˜ x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know the majority of the thread doesnโ€™t care for Marieโ€™s half assed weed and milk bottle efforts but todayโ€™s vlog was actually informative on how to DIY a huge arrangement without the floral frog and a tiny bit of humor crept in.... loved Marieโ€™s response to Tiny Jesus Jeans saying he was putting the vases back up. I hope to god the squirrel they added goes missing. And how effing lazy not to even take off the plastic price tag loop before making it pride of place on Marieโ€™s aptly named nest. At least theyโ€™ve stopped just hanging up whatever lavish gift plates of the day that Australian Hanni I mean Linda has bestowed on them. I can only imagine how creepy some of those Gift Grab letters must get when SJ says she must read them in private. The stalkers will be arriving in droves the first day lockdown is lifted.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I have given up and am now just watching last yearโ€™s Advent calendar again. Highly recommend it. Caught the one about the Icelandic tradition of giving books at Christmas and MP read Dickens and SJ was of course running around in a skippy nightie. Somethings never change. But it was so nice not to see endless wrapping paper beit from AUS or downloaded from the computer. Poor Michael must be dying to see this yearโ€™s Xmas Diaries.
. Sorry meant to quote this from Pno (see above. ๐Ÿท

Reactions: 1
Why has someone sent them the 2019 calendar and why does SJ have what looks like the Wonky Donky book with Isabelle written on it ?
View attachment 336163
They were sent 10 (I think) old calendars for the pictures, so 120 pictures in total!! Which were ok but nothing special. I think the donkey is eeyore, but no idea why ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿผ.

Marie's arrangement looked unfinished to me, the flowers were lost, it had no height, no focal point. Just a bed of foliage lying there looking very much like a nest as others have said๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.

• Haha
  • Heart
At least we left the room. SJ deriding the fake Christmas tree - which many of her followers would have. Sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh my, Marie's flowers again๐Ÿ˜ Nothing christmassy about it. Exactly the same flowers she used all summer long. A shame since they are flown into country. And tulips in December? Skipping the foam because of microplastic won't save the planet. But then one should not use cut flowers at all ๐Ÿคฃ

I do wonder if the new Advent vlogs will turn out to be thinly-disguised promotions ๐Ÿ˜”
God forgive me, but I was very tempted to order a gown after the Sinterklaas vlog and scrolled through the linked website for ages trying to decide which ยฃ70 design I'd like to float down the staircase in on Christmas morning ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ
Slept on it for 24 hrs though and decided to order my daughter a ยฃ60 Harry Potter Lego set instead ๐ŸŽ‰ Sorry SJ ๐Ÿ˜œ
Haha, in the end it's always lego for the kids, right? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜œโ˜บ

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder to which fund the Christmas paper money will go Chateau restoration, charity or personal revenue. I have no problem with SJ profiting from her father's painting mind. Just wondering.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wonder to which fund the Christmas paper money will go Chateau restoration, charity or personal revenue. I have no problem with SJ profiting from her father's painting mind. Just wondering.
Depends how much she is making with it:if it's 300 Euro a month to charity, if 500-700Euro to the chateau and if more for personal use ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Haha
Reactions: 5
:unsure:๐ŸทWhat did I just watch...:unsure: Now I am not an expert AT ALL when it comes to flowers, though I have bought a lot of them (๐ŸŒนyou love them don't you ladies!?) but that...what I just watched was an arrangement of a birds nest, surely!? Honestly, I think birds would have made a better job than that lank, drab, saggy mess that Marie proudly put on the Chatelaine's mantle piece. The passive agressive Norwegian came to life for a bit in the barn, ooohing and aaahing over her sticks (no milk bottle this time, but a brass bowl...too nice to be covered by her nest). I was watching this episode with my wife & red wine on the sofa, my wife found it hilarious. We were both in agreement that we're pleased our local florists do not favour this "style". Now my lady is snoring (I will never tell her this, I am a gentleman) here and probably requires carrying to bed, and I have taken to gossiping intoxicated...aaah, what is the pull of this snarky site, deem yourself commended ladies, you make me come back... over and over to snigger over spite, and nod appreciatively over snippets of wisdom. I bid you good night! ๐ŸŒœโญ๐Ÿท
She nailed it.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I really loved Marie's Spring/Easter floral that she made in Advent 5 :ROFLMAO:

In yet another "WTF Milkbottle Marie Moment" I am sure I am not alone in categorically stating I have never seen a less festive floral arrangement! Not a poinsettia, pine cone, holly, fir, or ivy in sight, no warmth, no depth, no winter colours.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Here is the thing.... I am happy to delight when someone has talent!! I sent an email & DM's suggesting places and people who were the very very best for Marie to study with or people to invite to hold workshops at the Chateau. I mean, who DOESNT want to travel to a chateau in france for "work". I never heard back.... I now know it's because..... it Ms. fancy pants hasnt discovered it.... it's not good ENOUGH... and focus may be PULLED from her if they dont OOOOOOOoooo and AAAhhhhh, bow and scrape and tell miss thing (and tiny baby jesus jeans) how AWESOME-SAUCE they are๐Ÿ˜‘ lord spare me.... and put the birds nests back in the trees. If MY husband think it looks awful.... wow.... he doesnt notice ANYTHING.... then wow....๐Ÿ˜œ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
o lord, why did I dare to watch another episode
in the beginning: Marie gets seeds with the name NIGELLA (lawson maybe? so basically joke) and then the princess ๐Ÿ‘‘ gets her present unwrapped by her servant and it is an expensive plate with the meaning on top and it is her birth year!!! how poetic
if you want to belittle someone, now you know what to get them and what to get for you ;)
I wonder if to keep watching at this point
and the look when Marie dared to say no to the princess .... uuuu not pretty (one cannot unsee it even through the laughter)

the arrangement looks sad and dying and not christmassy at all as many said already - duck nest at best
but to put the snowflake light and plastic squirrel on top, lord have mercy

Last edited:
And the explanation that followed after Marie asked why Philip is opening the bigger present. LOLOL. So awkward!

It didn't seem that SJ liked the arrangement either. SO MUCH TENSION between these two.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
or from which fund it went from, I guess business expenses :m

And the explanation that followed after Marie asked why Philip is opening the bigger present. LOLOL. So awkward!

It didn't seem that SJ liked the arrangement either. SO MUCH TENSION between these two.
it is because mary sees her now for what she is and dares to challenge her, tell her no and ask not so correct questions
on the other hand I believe that steffi is tired of pretending that mary has any talent arranging anything (I wonder how her food tastes like - was the Nigella flower seeds a hint that she should stay in the kitchen?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.